Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

I hope we're not going back to the days of paying over the odds for SPL journeymen. For that's the standard of the vast majority of these players

While I share your general sentiment, Chris Cadden is a 20-year old talent ;)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-cadden/profil/spieler/277782

I would be surprised if we'd pay 250k for him, TBH.

Seems Andy Boyle of Dundalk has just signed for Preston. Given our centre back issues I had been hoping we may show an interest in him. You have to guess that if Preston can afford him we could. On Preston forums they're talking about a wage of around £6,000 a week which is probably on the low end of what we pay first teamers.

Seems Andy Boyle of Dundalk has just signed for Preston. Given our centre back issues I had been hoping we may show an interest in him. You have to guess that if Preston can afford him we could. On Preston forums they're talking about a wage of around £6,000 a week which is probably on the low end of what we pay first teamers.

I reckon 6k is probably about average what we pay our first team. Perhaps even nearing top end bar about 4 or 5 off the top of my head. Wallace, Miller, Kranjcar and I'm struggling now. Maybe Tavernier after new contract.

Wondered if we might show some interest in Hamiltons Ali Crawford who has scored as many goals as any two of ours combined including one against us on the opening day and that's impressive when you consider who he plays for.

Ali Crawford: Hamilton aim to keep star man until the summer

Hamilton Accies manager Martin Canning is braced for the departure of star player Ali Crawford but hopes it won't come before the end of the season.

Crawford has scored seven of his side's 18 league goals this term, including three goals in his last four matches.

"He is such an important player for us," Canning told BBC Scotland.

But the manager acknowledges he could lose the midfielder in the January transfer window "if the right thing comes up for Ali and for the club".

After scoring the opener in Saturday's draw at Inverness, 25-year-old Crawford spoke of his belief that he had earned a move and Canning agrees.

"The size of club we are, if someone comes through the academy and does well for us and gets the opportunity to move onto a level that we can't say no to the kid for, that's just part of football," he continued.

"But if we can keep him in January and he moves in the summer it would be great for him and if the club can bring another kid through the academy and put him in the first team and to a higher level, it would be good for the club as well."

Inevitably, any talented youngster coming through Accies' academy draws comparisons with its most successful graduates - James McCarthy and James McArthur.

Canning played with both and believes Crawford is capable of scaling similar heights to the pair who are now established English Premier League players.

"At any moment in any game he can either find a pass or a strike, a free kick or delivery from a set-piece that can change or win a game, so he's definitely got all the attributes you'd need to play at a higher level," said Canning.

Crawford will certainly be around for the next three weeks, during which time Accies play Celtic twice, host Rangers and visit Aberdeen before a home derby against Motherwell on New Year's Eve.

Accies go into that tricky sequence of games in eighth place, two points behind sixth place Kilmarnock and two points ahead of the bottom side Partick Thistle.

Canning admits he would be content to be in a similar position going into the Hogmanay fixture.

"I think that's what I'd expect to happen given the fact it's not only us who have a difficult run of fixtures," he said. "It's a case of trying to pick up points where you can.

"We've beaten Aberdeen here - a game not many people would have thought we'd have won. We're capable of picking up points in these difficult games."

But the manager says he hasn't set his players any specific points targets before the winter break.

"It's something we don't do," he explained. "I think we've just got to take every game as it comes and work as hard as we can over the 90 minutes.

"It's a difficult run but we've all got to play these teams. For us it's about making sure we go and compete in every game."

I saw a rumour on twitter that it was Ryan Babel. Hopefully not though

That's ironic because he has problems with twitter. He has been fined on more than one occasion for inappropriate tweeting and appears to have disciplinary issues in general.

His time at Hoffenheim was marred with disciplinary problems with three managers at the club.

Blues eye Ibrox youngster Chelsea are keeping tabs on 15-year-old Rangers kid Billy Gilmour

The Premier League giants are looking to steal a march on other interested clubs in the Gers starlet

CHELSEA are set to step up their interest in Rangers kid Billy Gilmour.

SunSport understands the Blues see the 15-year-old playmaker as a star of the future.

FIFA rules prohibit them making a move until the Ayrshire lad turns 16 next June.

But it’s thought Chelsea hope to steal a march on other interested clubs.

Scouts from Bayern Munich, Barcelona and a clutch of English clubs watched Gilmour impress for Scotland in this year’s Victory Shield.

FIFA rules mean any club could land Gilmour for as little as £100,000 in cross-border compensation.