Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

jellybeans on FF

Not from someone I know personally but a gent that goes to watch Rangers u20 u17s religiously who has had information previously said Jota could be with the squad in Germany.

As I said unsure if correct or not so don't gee me abuse haha

Rangers line up January swoop for Hearts ace Sam Nicholson

The Jambos winger is on Mark Warburton's wanted list and is set to be offered a pre-contract agreement with the Light Blues despite currently being sidelined with a knee injury.

RANGERS are lining up a January move for Hearts kid Sam Nicholson.

Record Sport understands Ibrox boss Mark Warburton has placed the Scotland under-21 winger on a list of top targets when the transfer window opens in nine days.

Nicholson’s current deal at Tynecastle ends this summer and he’s set to be offered a pre-contract agreement with the Light Blues despite currently being sidelined with a knee injury.

After making almost 100 appearances for the Jambos, the Edinburgh-born speed merchant has been offered a new contract to extend his stay at Gorgie but is determined to continue his career elsewhere.

Several English clubs will also enter the race to sign the highly-rated 21-year-old who is expected to return to first team action in January after undergoing knee surgery to cure a cartilage problem.

Nicholson last played in a 3-1 victory over Motherwell at Fir Park in September and Rangers may attempt to negotiate a fee to take the player to Glasgow during the transfer window.

However, Hearts are ready to play hardball over an immediate deal after placing a £1million price tag on Callum Paterson’s head.

The Scotland defender is wanted by Cardiff who head a list of potential suitors who will have to pay well above the £450,000 development fee due and Nicholson’s would also command a significant sum for training compensation.

Warburton last night revealed he is close to securing two signings when the January transfer window opens. One of them is expected to be his former Brentford midfieler Jota, who has recently returned to England from a loan spell with Spanish club Eibar.

The move for Jota is at a more advanced stage than that of Nicholson.

Warburton said: “We have a list, quite an extensive list, in categories one, two and three.

“We hope we are very close to two of them, fingers crossed.

“It’s about looking at the right option for the club.

“January is notoriously difficult because clubs don’t want to lose their best players and if you do sign someone, you end up paying more than they are actually worth.

“So I’d imagine one or two loans is the best option for us in January with a view to whatever happens in the summer.

“The midfield is an area that is well documented. We lost Niko Kranjcar to a long-term injury so we’re looking for an attacking midfielder if one becomes available.

“But they have to add quality to the squad.

“We are close. We are doing the work we have to do but until the player signs on the dotted line, you have to man mark them almost to get it over the line because there are more clubs fishing in a smaller pond for players.

“We are making progress I hope and we’ll soon find out.”

Daily Mail:

Fulham's combative midfielder Ryan Tunnicliffe is ready to leave Craven Cottage in January with QPR and Glasgow Rangers among the clubs keen to take him.

The 23-year-old former Manchester United trainee has slipped out of favour under Slavisa Jokanovic and is eager to gain more regular game time.

Ipswich Town and Preston North End are also keen on the box to box midfielder who is free in January as he is out of contract in the summer.

Rangers' priority is an attacking midfielder but they see Tunnicliffe as someone who could help fill the void left by Joey Barton's departure.

Tunnicliffe has the workrate and is ambitious to kickstart his career. QPR boss Ian Holloway is also a confirmed fan.

Rangers linked with a January loan move for former Liverpool starlet

RANGERS are keen on a January loan move for Norwich City winger Sergi Canos. Rangers linked with a January loan move for former Liverpool starlet

It is understood the 19-year-old is aware of the interest but is undecided over a switch to Scotland for the rest of the season.

The Spain Under-19 cap joined the Canaries from Liverpool in the summer for £2.5milllion but has only played five first-team matches, scoring two goals.

Last season he made 39 appearances on loan for Brentford, netting seven times.

Canos, who came through the ranks at Barcelona before moving to Anfield, would prefer to remain at Norwich but has been left frustrated by his lack of action under manager Alex Neil.

There is also strong interest in the teenager from other English sides.

Gers manager Mark Warburton is in advanced talks with several January targets, including his former Brentford attacking midfielder Jota.

The 25-year-old Spaniard is ready to cut short his loan stint at Eibar in his homeland.

Jota is likely to return to Brentford but Warburton hopes to persuade him to move to Ibrox for the last six months of his contract.

Sergi-Canos-747475.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/747475/Rangers-transfer-rumours-Sergi-Canos-Liverpool-youngster-Norwich-Mark-Warburton

Contracted to Norwich till 2020 ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sergi-canos/profil/spieler/251845

Another winger ?

The two positions we need to sort out in january are, in my opinion, the long-awaited defensive MF player & someone up front who can score more goals than anyone we've currently got. Our top league scorer is Miller with just four goals

Another winger ?

The two positions we need to sort out in january are, in my opinion, the long-awaited defensive MF player & someone up front who can score more goals than anyone we've currently got. Our top league scorer is Miller with just four goals

I think that'll come with better wingers. We only have one proper winger (McKay). I agree a DM is a must.