Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Rangers defender Rob Kiernan is on a shortlist of defenders being tracked by Fulham.

The Daily Mail are reporting that Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic has been keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old, as he looks to bolster his squad by bringing in a defender, midfielder, winger and striker during the transfer window.

Kiernan has been a regular starter for Mark Warburton’s side, making 21 appearances and the West London side could be tempted to offer around £2m to try and tempt the former Watford man to return south.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-9520847

Another winger ?

The two positions we need to sort out in january are, in my opinion, the long-awaited defensive MF player & someone up front who can score more goals than anyone we've currently got. Our top league scorer is Miller with just four goals

Until it comes from the club/MW I wouldn't believe the lies printed in the gutter press!, remember it's a rumours thread which brings out even more shit from the gutter press!

Rangers defender Rob Kiernan is on a shortlist of defenders being tracked by Fulham.

The Daily Mail are reporting that Cottagers boss Slavisa Jokanovic has been keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old, as he looks to bolster his squad by bringing in a defender, midfielder, winger and striker during the transfer window.

Kiernan has been a regular starter for Mark Warburton’s side, making 21 appearances and the West London side could be tempted to offer around £2m to try and tempt the former Watford man to return south.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-9520847

Kiernan has improved beyond recognition over these past 2 or 3 months. I'm not surprised if he's being watched.

Like others, I suspect Kiernan will have a buy-out clause in his contract. £2m & he'd be gone. A tidy profit made.

This is where the scouting system kicks in & a replacement gets brought in and so it all begins again.

From FF ...

WARBS LINING UP VETERAN Rangers boss Mark Warburton weighing up a January move for midfielder Leon Osman

The former Everton star, 35, has been without a club since leaving Goodison in the summer

EXCLUSIVE BY COLIN DUNCAN

27th December 2016, 10:00 pm

RANGERS are weighing up a January move for veteran midfielder Leon Osman.

Former Everton star Osman, 35, has been without a club since leaving Goodison in the summer.

SunSport understands Gers have also stepped up their interest in Barnsley skipper Conor Hourihane.

But Osman is Ibrox gaffer Mark Warburton’s top target as he looks to bring in new faces in the January transfer window.

The Englishman is keen to add experience to his midfield after losing Niko Kranjcar to injury and offloading Joey Barton.

Osman fits the bill, having made over 450 appearances for Everton during his 16 seasons at Goodison Park.

The Scouser features on a list of targets alongside Tykes skipper Hourihane, Brentford playmaker Jota and Norwich City youngster Sergi Canos.

Championship sides Derby County, Leeds United and Bristol City are also keeping tabs on Osman’s situation, with League One promotion chasers Bolton interested too.

Hibs enquired about the twice-capped former England player earlier this month, although the prospect of playing in Scottish football’s second tier does not appeal to him.

Osman played alongside Gers assistant David Weir at Goodison, and could be keen to link up with him again at Ibrox.

SunSport understands Gers have also stepped up their interest in Conor Hourihane

Warburton has told Gers to forget about Celtic on Saturday and get St Johnstone in their sights as they look to re-establish their seven-point lead over Aberdeen in the race for second.

Gers head to Perth tomorrow ahead of the weekend’s visit of Celts to Ibrox.

But Warburton, whose team have won four in a row in the Premiership, said: “We can’t think about the weekend. There’s no point going into that one having lost on Wednesday night.

“I understand the rivalry. I am not understating that in any shape or form.

“But the fact is our focus has got to be on St Johnstone first.

“If we can go there and make it five wins out of out five, 15 points out of 15, and take us to 41 points we will be in good shape in terms of belief and confidence. That’s important to us right now.

“The players know their jobs. We might make three or four changes in Perth to freshen the team, but that’s normal.

“But you have to recognise the test in front of you, and know the importance of putting points on the board.

“There’s no doubt St Johnstone are one of the top sides in the country. I’ve got a lot of respect for Tommy Wright and his staff.

“Their side is very resilient, they are very well-organised and have great physicality. They have quality throughout so they are a team who will pose a real threat.

“I’d say St Johnstone’s home form is deceptive. They haven’t had the results they probably deserved at home.

“Tommy Wright’s done a superb job there. St Johnstone are consistently a top-six team and are very tough to beat.

“There’s no doubting his qualities. Tactically and technically, he’s very good, and he’s shown what he can do in terms of recruitment.”

Wonder why all these English sides monitor a freebie's situation that long and why it took him so long to find a club. He's due a nice pre-season before being ready?

Edited by der Berliner

I know it's like a broken record, but why is every player we are "linked" with play in the most over-inflated league in terms of quality and value for money. We are not going to build a title-winning squad/side from freebies and cast-offs from England with little to no sell-on value.

I repeat that I don't believe anything the gutter tabloids print concerning our club, so I take this thread with plenty of salt, but after 18 months and going into his 4th window I can't believe MW/we can only scout/source players from one country.

I will reserve judgement until 1st Feb.

They probably wouldn't get a replacement if it were true if Kiernan were to go the y would probably just use Wilson(god help us).

That would mean only Hill, Wilson & Senderos as CB's. I suspect Senderos might go too as he's failed to even get on the bench most weeks.

If Kiernan did go we'd almost certainly need to replace him