Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

Summer signing Matt Crooks wants out of Rangers after just six months and is keen on a loan move back to England, according to reports.

The towering midfielder has grown frustrated at a lack of top team action at Ibrox with just one start and two substitute appearances to his name. His cause wasn’t helped by an ankle ligament injury picked up soon after his move north from Accrington Stanley.

Now the Daily Mail say the 22-year-old wants to head back south for the second part of the season in search of first team football.

A shortage of midfield options at Ibrox could curtail any potential move however.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-9488708

It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted to leave or go on loan somewhere.

Given our MF injury situation he can't get into the team & we're lookingg at MF players like Jota

Summer signing Matt Crooks wants out of Rangers after just six months and is keen on a loan move back to England, according to reports.

The towering midfielder has grown frustrated at a lack of top team action at Ibrox with just one start and two substitute appearances to his name. His cause wasn’t helped by an ankle ligament injury picked up soon after his move north from Accrington Stanley.

Now the Daily Mail say the 22-year-old wants to head back south for the second part of the season in search of first team football.

A shortage of midfield options at Ibrox could curtail any potential move however.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-9488708

While I dont believe anything the papers write regading transfer speculation, if I was Crooks and continually had to watch Halliday,Tav and even Miller getting midfield slots ahead of me, I would take the hint as well and try to move on.

Aston Villa transfer news: Aaron Tshibola set for January move - Midfielder looking to make a move after falling out-of-favour

Aaron Tshibola is likely to make a move away from Aston Villa in the January transfer window with the midfielder eyeing up loan moves.

The midfielder who signed from Reading in the summer on a four-year deal has played only once since Steve Bruce took over from Roberto Di Matteo.

That start came in the manager's first game in charge and since then he has travelled with the squad to games but failed to make the final 18-man-squad.

Now the midfielder is looking for a move to a club in Europe.

There is thought to be interest also in a move to Rangers and a move to another English club would not be ruled out.

A temporary move would seem the likeliest option for Tshibola with him being able to put himself in the shop window again to either change his standing at Villa, or impress for a summer move away.

His future at Villa Park looks bleak at present despite looking bright in his early games under Roberto Di Matteo after he arrived.

The Italian said at the time of his signing: "I am very happy that Aaron has joined.

"He's a highly-rated and well respected young player who will provide us with plenty of energy, courage and determination in the middle of the park.

"I am confident he will be a tremendous addition to our squad for the very important new season - and beyond."

With that now looking unlikely, Tshibola's future looks increasingly likely to be played away from Villa Park.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-aaron-12351135

Aaron Tshibola ... central midfielder, contracted till 2020. While we do need cover, that is not what this chaps looks forward to. Likewise, we do have Rossiter coming back, and won't let Crooks go on loan to sign another loanee who looks like a darker version of Matt, will we?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-tshibola/profil/spieler/243633

Regarding Crooks, I can't exactly remember to have seen him in that many u20s line-ups, nor have I read any sterling performances when he was included. But maybe I just did not look close enough ...

Edited by der Berliner

Crooks arrived with an injury did he not??? Since then it would appear that he has struggled to remain injury free and has therefore had limited time to build up proper fitness levels. Most likely no truth at all in the story - some Journo just making up column inches.

I doubt we or the player are in any rush over his contribution.

A loan may be a good idea to get him playing more regularly and fully fit but only if we can bring someone in first.

Thing is he hasn't shown anything to suggest he can bring anything to the team!,both Windass & Rossiter look like they could!, although he has been injured and struggled to break into the team, maybe a loan move would be the best thing for him?