Transfer Rumours and Deals - Winter Window 2016/17

It just goes to show how laughable these rag stories are: they make up the story that we're interested, only make up another story saying we'll not be getting him? I think I'll just wait until a players signs and arrives at auchinhowie.

That is why MW said that he'll have to play his cards close to his chest. Two players were said to be close to signing. I reckon that the gaffer will have had a few days off and we will see some movement by the end of the week at the earliest. First team movement. I for one wouldn't mind if we take the media by surprise by presenting someone off their radar.

From the corresponding thread on FF

I've been told we will sign Poyet and a striker. I also expect that youngster from Villa to come in (double barrelled surname, which I forget).

Jota also ticks all the boxes re the clues MW dropped before Christmas.

Raul Meireles (age 33)

The heavily-tattooed Portuguese midfielder was linked with a move to Bournemouth in the summer, but is still without a club, most recently being touted as a replacement for Barton at Rangers.

It seems he is fighting fit, having played over 20 games each season for the past 11, and gained cult status at Liverpool, Chelsea and Fenerbahce.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10687905/free-agent-xi-featuring-emmanuel-adebayor-joey-obrien-and-raul-meireles

Edited by ian1964

Raul Meireles (age 33)

The heavily-tattooed Portuguese midfielder was linked with a move to Bournemouth in the summer, but is still without a club, most recently being touted as a replacement for Barton at Rangers.

It seems he is fighting fit, having played over 20 games each season for the past 11, and gained cult status at Liverpool, Chelsea and Fenerbahce.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10687905/free-agent-xi-featuring-emmanuel-adebayor-joey-obrien-and-raul-meireles

Cracking player