[FT] Hearts 2 - 0 Rangers

Games played against Hearts on the 29th of November

1986 - Rangers 3 (McCoist,Cooper,Durrant) Hearts 0 - Scottish Premier Division (38,773)

2008 - Hearts 2 Rangers 1 (Boyd) - Scottish Premier League (15,710)

How about on the 30th? ;)

I ahvent been less confident going into a game since the OF game. Our away form against top sides is abysmal under MW. Out of 5 away games against the play-off sides last season we managed just one victory, at Raith early in the season who at the time were in the bottom half. The poor away form has continued this season with defeats against the only two top 6 sides we have faced. The weight of evidence against us going into this game is stacking up towards another frustrating evening.

That said a Jambo friend of mine I was speaking to last week was telling me of his frustration at their managers tactics - apparantly they pass it out from the back at all costs, play 20-30 passes in their own half and are toothless up front. Sound familiar? Add in the uncertainty surrounding Neilson being linked with MK Dons and we probably couldnt get a better time to go to Tynecastle, always a really difficult place to try to get a win.

Much better Rangers sides than this have been soundly gubbed at Hearts, so a defeat on its own merits wont be a huge surprise if we fail to get anything from the game. It is the culmination of really poor form this season in general, with our away form/performances in particular being dreadful that will have the travelling Bears worried.

As with all football fans, there is always hope, and in our case a late double from Dodoo and some other decent performances in recent games from some of our side make us hope we can up our game in the bigger contests and if we can get an early goal we may even go on to play some good stuff.

Anyway, enough of this, I need to get moving to catch the bus to the game. See you on the other side....

An excellent preview and more or less agree with team selection.

Agree with comments about Kiernan and Garner, basically not good enough players for us at this level never mind Europe.

Halliday and Holt are off the boil, but no reinforcements available, except perhaps Crooks?

If there's a doubt over Hill then Wilson will likely start again; though that's us back to the same vulnerable defence as last season. However, if the rumour is true maybe Crooks will play at CB to mark their big man up front?

I suspect that Dodoo would have started if it hadn't been for MCann's comments about Garner; but now MW will play Garner to prove his point in the presser. Perhaps he'll start both although it looks like Dodoo is best through the middle, playing on the wing gives him more chance to create space for himself.

Would take a draw right now.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

An excellent preview and more or less agree with team selection.

Agree with comments about Kiernan and Garner, basically not good enough players for us at this level never mind Europe.

Halliday and Holt are off the boil, but no reinforcements available, except perhaps Crooks?

If there's a doubt over Hill then Wilson will likely start again; though that's us back to the same vulnerable defence as last season. However, if the rumour is true maybe Crooks will play at CB to mark their big man up front?

I suspect that Dodoo would have started if it hadn't been for MCann's comments about Garner; but now MW will play Garner to prove his point in the presser. Perhaps he'll start both although it looks like Dodoo is best through the middle, playing on the wing gives him more chance to create space for himself.

Would take a draw right now.

More chance of KM playing there!,where do you get the idea he is a CB?,Crooks is an attacking midfielder

More chance of KM playing there!,where do you get the idea he is a CB?,Crooks is an attacking midfielder

After returning to Huddersfield Town, Crooks remained playing in the club's reserve. However, Crooks sustained an ankle injury during a development match in early October. Following a surgery, it was announced that Crooks would be on the sideline for two months. Following his return in mid-February, Crooks was praised for his return from injury and playing as a central defence. At the end of the 2013–14 season, Crooks was offered a new contract by the club.

Ahead of the 2014–15 season, Crooks switched number shirt from thirty-six to twenty-two after Ed Wilczynski took over Crook's first number[18] and made an impressive display as a centre back in the pre-season friendly that convinced Mark Robins to use him. After years playing at the reserve and be loaned out twice at the time, Crooks finally made his first team début at centre back for the Terriers in the 4–0 defeat by A.F.C. Bournemouth on 9 August 2014 in the opening game of the season. The loss, however, was to be Robins last game as a manager of Huddersfield Town, as he was sacked the next day. Newspaper Huddersfield Daily Examiner urged the club's supporters to give Crooks time to make up his mistake after receiving criticism during the match, including the first goal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Crooks

His injury history is terrifying. He's managed just 62 games in 6 seasons, 32 of which were last season for Accrington.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I was of the understanding he was a defensive midfielder who can also play centre half Ian.

My worry would be he hasnt kicked a ball yet so cant be near match fit.

Ive a slight dilemna, due to the english cup games the channel that shows SPL games are only showing the rangers game tonight on delayed telecast fully after the match - what a royal pain in the butt I just got up for it to....so now do I look away and wait until 6am (10pm GMT) or watch the scores on here....