The end of the beginning: Rangers v Celtic

Both result and performance was better than I expected pre-match.

Thirty minutes in, we are one up and Broonaldo has been booked and put a couple of passes out of the park. They equalised, and for the next thirty-five minutes, we fell off a cliff. It happened on Wednesday night in Perth, and it happened last season a few times, notably to Falkirk away. It's an oft' recurring theme with this Rangers side, we can quickly deflate. In saying that, we had two great opportunities to draw level, the inside of the post and Forrester's indecision cost us our unbeaten Ibrox run. I should add a huge thanks to our Keeper for ensuring that window of opportunity remained open, going into the last ten minutes.

We should fess up to the physical superiority of ra Sellik. Dembele is a big unit with fast feet. In the last five minutes, he took the ball into feet at each corner flag and ragdolled our defenders, two receiving cautions attempting to out muscle him on the bye-lines. Further, he took his goal particularly well. Playing quickly around the more physical side is the way to go, and I thought Barrie McKay showed the way. His turn inside, leading to a pass to Halliday for Miller's equaliser attempt, was quite exquisite. Again,, Brenda showed gamesmanship by ensuring Barrie was passed on, in turn for heavy and hands-on challenges.

McKay was a genuine threat today, and I wonder if when Garner went down if our Manager considered O'Halloren's pace on the right when substituting?

Good post, I agree with pretty much everything.

However I'll just throw this out there: O'Halloran is looking more and more like a dud for me. Yes, you can point to the fact that he isn't getting regular football under Warburton, but when he does get an opportunity he just strikes me as a player of limited quality. Pace is only worthwhile if you know what to do with the ball.

2.3 million on O'Halloran and Garner. Just saying.

I wasnt meaning to depress you ,sorry.I hope you and yours have a fantastic 2017,all the best my friend.

It's not your fault - it's just where we find ourselves. And, re your other post, I never felt that we had fallen out at all so you definitely didn't "fall out with everybody". A Happy New Year and a wonderful 2017 to you and yours, pal.

"IMO basics need to be taught as I was always told don't wait till the ball comes to you from a pass make sure you claim it."

- MacK.

Oh, yes.

I've only seen highlights but we were flattered by the score line.

Aye, and then we start all over again with Derek f*cking McInnes. Oh, and still no money.

Exactly.

For all of the musings about Warburton being pushed out the door if we don't finish 2nd nobody is suggesting a viable alternative, one that would improve us under the same conditions.

Be careful what you wish for and all that....

The guy has no class whatsoever. He showed that by refusing to give rangers the ball back in a drop ball (I think it was when Hill went down injured). Can you imagine Wallace or Miller behaving like that? Of course not!

Michael Ball (ex-Rangers) got this incident spot on when he said "one captain leading his team with class whilst the other embarrassed himself and his club".

"IMO basics need to be taught as I was always told don't wait till the ball comes to you from a pass make sure you claim it."

- MacK.

Oh, yes.

I've only seen highlights but we were flattered by the score line.

I agree with that. Could have been four or more for them if it hadn't been for poor finishing and Wes being outstanding. It's a mismatch. We should hopefully get second. That will be no walk in the park as sheep are right there with us and Hearts will be there.

We can't and won't compete with the unwashed until investment, end of story.

I don't agree with a lot of MW decisions but he and the team are what we have right now.

Stick together and secure second and Europe. WATP.