Well who's next

What kinda makes me laugh a bit is that they are reporting with certainty that the interviews are happening, yet not a single name has been put forward as to who is interviewing & who is being interviewed.

Surely, that shouldn't be beyond the realms of any 1/2 decent journalist???

These are the same journo's that can get hidden tape recordings of top secret meetings that allegedly never took place, between 2 guys who never met. The very same journo's who can get access to highly confidential Gov't files/information relating to major, on going investigations & court cases.

Yet are totally unable to find out about meetings taking place for a vacant job.....

I think it's a really positive thing that there's clearly no leaks going on just now, but I do think the board needs to come out with a statement just now, even if it's to just give Murty some backing as he's been hung out to dry IMO with a thankless task given his lack of experience and this bunch of shysters on the pitch.

I think it's a really positive thing that there's clearly no leaks going on just now, but I do think the board needs to come out with a statement just now, even if it's to just give Murty some backing as he's been hung out to dry IMO with a thankless task given his lack of experience and this bunch of shysters on the pitch.

Agreed....

An indication of what is actually happening wouldn't go a miss either ie. "We have held initial interviews with 2nd interviews immenent, with a view to announcement within xxx days"

Kenny MacDowall?

McCoist?

Murty maybe a decent, even better than decent, training ground coach, but perhaps falls short in leadership, that indefinable art.

I think there is only one exception in Rangers interim Managers? Both Durrant and Tommy McLean failed. Thornton took over in the interim between Whyte's sacking and Waddell's appointment, and won the interceding half dozen games. Of course, Thorton had considerable managerial experience with Partick Thistle.

A coach and a manager both require differing disciplines in their respective positions and to combine the two an extra special person with the correct mentality.

To be fair to Murty he has admitted to his shortcomings and if the Board want to be seen as responsible employers should be sorting this out asap and allow him to get back to his normal duty.

A coach and a manager both require differing disciplines in their respective positions and to combine the two an extra special person with the correct mentality.

To be fair to Murty he has admitted to his shortcomings and if the Board want to be seen as responsible employers should be sorting this out asap and allow him to get back to his normal duty.

What worries me, and why i do really feel for Murty, is that this whole experience could have a whole host of other knock effects, such as...

- Put him off wanting to be a manager in the future (you never know, he could develop a decent ability for it)

- Lose him respect from younger players who look at the situation and think "He's not winning games, even with the senior players"

- Lose him respect from senior players

Thats just off the top of my head at the moment, i'm sure people could think of other issues