Storm needed to to blow away Nessy- Inverness v Rangers match preview.

I'm not sure loan players were the biggest issue with Warburton.

He under-estimated Scottish football's top division. Bringing in players from the EFL league1 & league2 & expecting them to stroll it was never going to happen

That seems pretty clear; if he underrated the League, it would impact on the quality of both signings, and loan signings.

That seems pretty clear; if he underrated the League, it would impact on the quality of both signings, and loan signings.

Especially if he decided not to scout any of the other teams. How do you know what level to hit if you only concentrate on yourself. He was arrogant in the extreme. No wonder everybody hates us ? Still, we don't care, right.

Especially if he decided not to scout any of the other teams. How do you know what level to hit if you only concentrate on yourself. He was arrogant in the extreme. No wonder everybody hates us Still, we don't care, right.

We care that the team is piss poor, and has difficulty coping with the League's bottom side on a Friday night. I think that it is the larger part of his legacy.

you are profoundly wrong

I am demonstrably correct. We wiped the floor with Aberdeen and Hearts, so clearly we have a much better/higher level than we've shown. Most of the time, unfortunately, it has been utterly dreadful.

Edited by Rousseau

We care that the team is piss poor, and has difficulty coping with the League's bottom side on a Friday night. I think that it is the larger part of his legacy.

I was agreeing mate. My point at the end is we don't care that nobody else likes us, not that we don't care how much of a state that amateur left us in. I care like everyone else on this forum.

I suspect you knew what I was getting at anyway? Stuff gets lost in translation on this kind of forum.

I am demonstrably correct. We wiped the floor with Aberdeen and Hearts, so clearly we have a much better/higher level than we've shown. Most of the time, unfortunately, it has been utterly dreadful.

that is placing far too high a value on those results

beating those teams should be done by rote

this team is woeful in absolute terms

But we won't reach that 'much better/higher level' until someone gets appointed to replace Murty who is hopeless

He got one right in hyndman certainly.

One in what 6, 7 maybe 8

He looks a decent player, but, really, should a young player, on loan, be expected to "carry" the midfield?

His 'strike rate' with loans was poor.

Edited by Uilleam

that is placing far too high a value on those results

beating those teams should be done by rote

this team is woeful in absolute terms

I agree, and I'm not saying we've hit that level often -- far from it -- but when playing at our absolute best, this team is capable of playing much much better than what they've shown for most of the season. I'm not "profoundly wrong", I'm actually correct in my statement that this team can play a lot better. That was my point. It does not mean that this team is not absolutely woeful for the most part, and will go down as one of our worst squads -- I still think Ally's League 2 and 1 squads were worse, however -- because it will.

I agree, and I'm not saying we've hit that level often -- far from it -- but when playing at our absolute best, this team is capable of playing much much better than what they've shown for most of the season. I'm not "profoundly wrong", I'm actually correct in my statement that this team can play a lot better. That was my point. It does not mean that this team is not absolutely woeful for the most part, and will go down as one of our worst squads -- I still think Ally's League 2 and 1 squads were worse, however -- because it will.

It might also be that other teams allowed us to play well by giving time and space to our players. Teams have now learnt that the best way to play us is to press us and be physical. Our players are no longer finding they have the time to play passes or the space to run into to receive the ball. How much of our problem in coping with this is down to the management team promoting a fairly slow tempo

and emphasising possession rather than what you do with the possession is open to question.