Storm needed to to blow away Nessy- Inverness v Rangers match preview.

I think most people would agree with Rab.

If you listened carefully to Mr Robertson's interview he made the point that whilst you hope and search for longevity in practice in the modern world of football that is by no means guaranteed. Mr King said he knew MW was using Rangers as a stepping stone and that they were job hunting.

So the Board should have been prepared and it's manifestly the case that they were not; or if they were and Murty was the standby then it was a mistake.

In which case, that would make "most people" as wrong as Rab is. I'm all for holding this board to account, but it's unreasonable to expect them to have a manager ready to immediately take over under these circumstances. The clubs that tap up managers behind the back of the incumbent annoy me and I wouldn't want us to adopt that tactic. It's underhand and immoral and I'd like to think we're above that.

The board now has a tough job to do, but we can't be blaming them when it's unjustified. There are plenty of things to blame them for, but not this.

Edited by Gaffer

In which case, that would make "most people" as wrong as Rab is. I'm all for holding this board to account, but it's unreasonable to expect them to have a manager ready to immediately take over under these circumstances. The clubs that tap up managers behind the back of the incumbent annoy me and I wouldn't want us to adopt that tactic. It's underhand and immoral and I'd like to think we're above that.

The board now has a tough job to do, but we can't be blaming them when it's unjustified. There are plenty of things to blame them for, but not this.

No one suggested they tap up some other team's manager.

Have you had a look at the list of unemployed managers recently?

Interim Rangers boss Graeme Murty has been receiving assistance but has not named the person who has been helping him.

Murty made the revelation in the wake of the 2-1 defeat at Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Friday night.

"The board have taken steps, they have offered me help and I have taken advantage of that help," Murty said.

"At the moment that will remain private between me and the person who is helping me."

Walter perhaps?

Edited by BrahimHemdani

No one suggested they tap up some other team's manager.

Have you had a look at the list of unemployed managers recently?

Many of them are unemployed for a reason. I'd rather we got the right manager, than one who happens to be available right now.

BH: you can throw stones from your glass house if you want to, but knowing how hard it is to manage difficult situations like this means that I'll be keeping my powder dry until the board makes a decision on our next management team.

We're all hurting at losing, and we're all feeling demotivated with the team right now but I can't stand the lack of reasoning and appreciation that this was not an easy situation to manage. Do you think they're trying to do the right thing? I like to think so.

Many of them are unemployed for a reason. I'd rather we got the right manager, than one who happens to be available right now.

BH: you can throw stones from your glass house if you want to, but knowing how hard it is to manage difficult situations like this means that I'll be keeping my powder dry until the board makes a decision on our next management team.

We're all hurting at losing, and we're all feeling demotivated with the team right now but I can't stand the lack of reasoning and appreciation that this was not an easy situation to manage. Do you think they're trying to do the right thing? I like to think so.

I disagree. It was easy to manage because it was foreseen.

Not all unemployed managers are as duff as some of our players - de Boer, Laudrup, Juande Ramos to name but three. Davies, McLeish, Rowlett the list goes on.......

I'm confident the Board think they're acting responsibly and doing the right thing.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Which is a breach of their fiduciary duty is it not?

Selling naming rights for £1 swapping said £1 for 25% of stadium advertising etc..etc.. are breaches of fiduciary duty, what type of Directors would do such a thing oh that's right your preferred choices that's who .

Edited by forlanssister
Shite spelling

I disagree. It was easy to manage because it was foreseen.

Not all unemployed managers are as duff as some of our players - de Boer, Laudrup, Juande Ramos to name but three. Davies, McLeish, Rowlett the list goes on.......

I'm confident the Board think they're acting responsibly and doing the right thing.

The board will do the right thing as regards protecting their investment in us.It will be a populist manager.

IMO i would go for Tommy Wright.He wont sell many season tickets though.

They (mainly David King)are into us for a right few million-----and have been making many mistakes.

They had better start making good decisions if they want to see a return on their investment.

F De Boer popular?Yes.Will he sell tickets?Yes.Will he get the cash he needs?No.He will be gone by Christmas.

These dutch guys argue will everybody,not for me,thanks.Cant we just keep it simple for once---just fucking once? Anyway i thought it was time for cards on the table,Tommy Wright would do for me.Right good bear as well(always a good thing).

Interim Rangers boss Graeme Murty has been receiving assistance but has not named the person who has been helping him.

Murty made the revelation in the wake of the 2-1 defeat at Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Friday night.

"The board have taken steps, they have offered me help and I have taken advantage of that help," Murty said.

"At the moment that will remain private between me and the person who is helping me."

Okay...! I'm going to take a punt on who this 'helper' is....

Stevie Wonder ?