Storm needed to to blow away Nessy- Inverness v Rangers match preview.

Looking back on the game, I can't believe we lost. As bad as we were for spells -- large spells at that -- I lost count of the number of glorious chances we missed. That's not management or the board; you can argue management is getting them into the position to create those chances, which they did. Ultimately it's down to the players to take them. We (the team) are desperately short of confidence. I truly believe we are much better than what we've shown. The number of mistakes is just incredible. It's desperately disappointing.

We managed to hit the goalie three or four times with glaring opportunities. One can obviously say that hard working defenders and goalies made sure we did not score, likewise the inability of our people to finish. Yet, on the other hand, how many of the goals that we have conceded these last few weeks come from a variety that the scorers will not score again this season? Or a simple hit and hope that went in? Both Dundee goals came in off the posts, yet Miller's bounced away. That ill luck is just (sic!) the icing on the cake of our recent bad spell.

Edited by der Berliner

I have purposely avoided the forum as I genuinely have nothing constructive to say. I'm as lost and bewildered as to what to do as everyone else?

Fair play and respect to everyone of the bears who went up there last night. Those watching are the only ones befitting of the blue jersey. Personally I am sick of all the excuses.

we're all pissed off mate.........thankfully I'm out of the loop for the next 10 days...no internet but I can get bbc scotland (oh good !)

We managed to hit the goalie three or four times with glaring opportunities. One can obviously say that hard working defenders and goalies made sure we did not score, likewise the inability of our people to finish. Yet, on the other hand, how many of the goals that we have conceded these last few weeks come from a variety that the scorers will not score again this season? Or a simple hit and hope that went in? Both Dundee goals came in off the posts, yet Miller's bounced away. That ill luck is just (sic!) the icing on the cake of our recent bad spell.

We have been doing that regularly for a calendar year. It isn't bad luck. It is very bad play. We keep saying that keepers play blinders against us. They don't, they just stay in the middle of the goals. Then we 'find them' with our shots and headers - repeatedly. A couple of decent saves on top of that brings on the "played a blinder" nonsense.

I've said this before and am repeating myself, I know. But that's because it never loses relevance, sadly.

Edited by SteveC

And he's 10 times the player Toral is.

Still not played for them yet but is almost a certainty to pick up his second, second Division title in 2 years as VVVare already as good as Champions.

Looking back on the game, I can't believe we lost. As bad as we were for spells -- large spells at that -- I lost count of the number of glorious chances we missed. That's not management or the board; you can argue management is getting them into the position to create those chances, which they did. Ultimately it's down to the players to take them. We (the team) are desperately short of confidence. I truly believe we are much better than what we've shown. The number of mistakes is just incredible. It's desperately disappointing.

you are profoundly wrong

The obsession Warburton had with loan players so he could look good to big clubs was disturbing.

??? I'm almost certain he took the loan players because it was the only way we could afford to have players of that calibre. It may also be a big part of our future too. We have to be smart about our use of finances and if that means taking more loan players I'll be happy with that.

??? I'm almost certain he took the loan players because it was the only way we could afford to have players of that calibre. It may also be a big part of our future too. We have to be smart about our use of finances and if that means taking more loan players I'll be happy with that.

I am entirely sure it was selfish. About his ability to develop players. Not what was good for the club.

If they were better quality than we xould afford it certainly didnt show.