Rangers 2017

Sorry to say this but our club has become just another team joining the also rans that make up our league and until we get some kind of big cash investment its going to stay like that probably even get worse if the fans start drifting away .

The board have to get it right they are running out of ideas that's my opinion they knew the last lot were getting ready to jump ship and have no plan to replace them at one time good managers would have been getting their CVs in the next day haven't even heard of anyone applying apart from rumours .

Get someone to to the recruiting , get him to set up a scouting system to bring in good decent younger talented players that can be sold on at profit after playing for the club then everyones a winner and make sure the scouts he employs are Rangers men if we don't do something soon and get a plan in place we will suffer .

The board have a responsibility in that they allowed him to make those 11 signings last summer. None of those signings started tonight. Tells you all you need to know

It would have been a grand trick had Gilks and Barton made an appearance, same with Crooks, Rossiter and Kranjcar. Windass is just back from injury, Senderos was signed as a back u to Kiernan/WIlson/Hill. So far, no surprises that they did not make the line-up.

Leaves us with Hodson, Dodoo and Garner. O'Halloran and Forrester arrived in January, so are no summer signings.

IMHO for both MW and Murty, Tavernier/Wallace and Miller are too big a player to leave out, so Hodson was, much like Senderos, essentially a back up signing, no matter his qualities. Dodoo as a left winger has been firmly placed behind McKay on the left, and few would argue this ... unless you say that McKay should not be out there (to which I would agree). Garner, injury aside, has brought more attacking thread (if not goals) to our game, yet our 4-3-3 always leaves us a choice between Miller, Garner or Waghorn. And as Miller is too valuable with his experience, Garner will come 2nd. IMHO, he would be first choice in a 4-4-2.

I posted a line-up for the St. Johnstone game further up this thread, which I would still keep up. Bin the 4-3-3 and go to a 4-4-2 with a few of the "outcasts" being handed a chance to impress.

EDIT: This season was generally agreed to be one where we find our feet again in the top tier. We did that, it was and is painful, but now we have to move forward. As I said before, challenging for 2nd or Europe was the task at hand, which is still possible. The gap to the Yahoos, hurtful as it is, is not just our fault either, no matter what people will make us think.

Edited by der Berliner

The board have a responsibility in that they allowed him to make those 11 signings last summer. None of those signings started tonight. Tells you all you need to know

Do you mean that the terrible way we performed without them tells us how badly they are needed. Or am I misinterpreting? ;)

Ok , since last nights anger has passed , I will attempt to give my reasons for my post .

1. My best mate works in the sports dept of a major new paper , Frankie knows who he is , so I'm not going to post his name , but he is legit .There are also things I have been asked not to post , sorry but I can't answer everything .

2 . The board are split , there are certain board members doing their own thing , ie DK meeting potential new managers in London weeks, possibly months ago behind the rest of the boards back .

3 . They do not agree on the way forward , who is going to supply the funding .

I could go on and on , we are where we are , I certainly don't agree with the way they handled MW s sacking , I don't agree that the board had made enough fund available to secure a new team for this season , but that's just my opinion , I know others have the totally polar opposite opinion and I can see where they are coming from , I just think we are back at square one with no clue how to move forward .

Sorry for the negativity guys I wish it was better news , there are rumours of major investment in March but that didn't come from inside the club , it's all went quiet since last week so I have no updates .

Edited by rbr

Ok , since last nights anger has passed , I will attempt to give my reasons for my post .

1. My best mate works in the sports dept of a major new paper , Frankie knows who he is , so I'm not going to post his name , but he is legit .There are also things I have been asked not to post , sorry but I can't answer everything .

2 . The board are split , there are certain board members doing their own thing , ie DK meeting potential new managers in London weeks, possibly months ago behind the rest of the boards back .

3 . They do not agree on the way forward , who is going to supply the funding .

I could go on and on , we are where we are , I certainly don't agree with the way they handled MW s sacking , I don't agree that the board had made enough fund available to secure a new team for this season , but that's just my opinion , I know others have the totally polar opposite opinion and I can see where they are coming from , I just think we are back at square one with no clue how to move forward .

Sorry for the negativity guys I wish it was better news , there are rumours of major investment in March but that didn't come from inside the club , it's all went quiet since last week so I have no updates .

Still doesn't excuse you calling me an idiot simply because I have a different opinion to you!

Still doesn't excuse you calling me an idiot simply because I have a different opinion to you![/QU

Yes , totally correct , accept my apology , forgot about that , heat of the moment , sorry bud.

I thought that MW (and the others) had resigned.

As far as there being no consensus among Board members re: "the way forward", surely proposals should be put to a vote? If the losing members feel so strongly about it, they should resign. Oh, and demand an EGM.

King is criticised for not having options, even in mind, for a post MW appointment, yet we hear now that he may have had actual discussions with potential candidates, over some time. Presumably, they were informal, sounding out exercises. If so I should not inveigh against him for this.

The Board is criticised for inadequate funding, but we hear now that there is no agreement on "who will supply the funding". If external finance is sought, then it would be at least prudent (read essential) to have a coherent, united front, when dealing with potential investors, or lenders, or, even, philanthropists.

Ultimately, dissension will do nobody any good, and it may be best to deal with it now, ie those troubled souls on the Board should put up, or shut up.

Edited by Uilleam

Still doesn't excuse you calling me an idiot simply because I have a different opinion to you![/QU

Yes , totally correct , accept my apology , forgot about that , heat of the moment , sorry bud.

Apology accepted, we are all hurting!

I've got got media contacts and contacts via friend into one board member in particular. Part of what rbr says is true. The evidence is the shambolic nature of warburtons departure (irrespective of whether or not it was good to get rid of him). There are a couple of highly professional board members who do not operate like this which is a source of friction. There is also a question over DK proportion of funding commitment compared to others given some of the promises that were made by DK (albeit over a longer timeframe). This is a source of friction.

One thing I don't have an inside track on is mccoist. Greed or tactics? I don't know but it could be key to understanding what is going on. Safe to say support for DK does not seem to be universal looking at it from different angles.

I can categorically state things such as Barton was not Warburtons signing but clearly I can't reveal sources other than they are senior sources with direct knowledge. Again that points to a lack of alignment at senior levels in the club.

So where are we? We are still in 3rd, we are still in the cup, we still have a rebuild to do however the scale of that looks bigger snd longer term than it did a few months ago (can it be accelerated?). . We still have the craig Whyte court case and the MA court case which are disincentives to investors and If DK cannot advance more funds then his presence may also be a disincentive to investment.

We simply must stop the slide on the park but we cannot do that until we have the right mgt team in place and the right funding and clarity of the court cases and a unified board. Detaching myself emotionally from this it looks very much like we have made our bed for this season. I don't see any point in signing the wrong manager just to get us into the europa league. This team would not get past the KO and we would be starting our next season in June. Doesn't make sense to prioritise that any more. Good money after bad.

Te short term fix DK is not going to put 20m to then walk away. He already lost 20m to Murray.

All we can do as fans is support the team when they play and ask the right questions and I think rbr was trying to do that. Given the money the fans have put into the club over the last 4 years that is our right. The club would be nowhere without the fans. They have committed more than any individual (not disrespecting the hard work and investment of board members btw).

The board have laid out some level of detail but they have been wrong footed by performance on the pitch. It would certainly have been better to have a manager in place who was working for his pay even if he was not the right answer longer term (in the boards eyes). The board to some degree have created this situation so they need to now fix it. They deserve a bit more time but if they are not unified something needs to give before the start of next season and in all events some major investment is needed. It's honestly hard to see that coming from DK now imo.

Thing is all the people ''in the know'' whether true or not have an advantage over the rest of us fans so it is very frustrating for the rest of us without substantiated evidence of such matters!, I suppose it must be equally frustrating for the ''in the know'' guys?, however posting cryptic messages and then expecting the rest of us to believe them is asking a bit much!.

As for the current board yes they are having problems, however I believe they have Rangers best interests at heart. We could do with a couple of big hitters on the board for sure.

We have all heard a rumour of the fresh investment, possibly March?, then we can only wait to see if that materialises!.