Rangers 2017

My biggest issue with MWs removal , is the way it was engineered , this will eventually come out ( unless there is a deal that suits MW and the other 2 and they sign a non disclosure ) , because the club took advantage of something that was partly of their doing without having fully discussed the "what next " bit , you know the important bit after the old regime has gone , but they had nothing , they were so hell bent on getting rid of them now that they rushed it and now we are in the shambolic situation of certain board members barely talking to each other .

Any board of any club has the right to run that club in the best way they see fit , our board are a million miles away from that situation , and God only knows how they will get non exec directors to take up a post , something we badly badly need .

I am unconvinced that MW's departure was "engineered". Apart from any other consideration, if what you and other "ITK" guys have posted, here and elsewhere, is correct, the Board would fail to organise a piss up in a brewery with a free bar, far less be so successfully manipulative with the contractual position of Mr Cutey Pie and his circus.

My reading is that MW, or his man, dealt the cards, they fell happily for the Board, which exploited that hand, for primarily financial reasons. After the resignation was tabled, there was no way back for the three caballeros. Nor should there have been. How anyone may countenance their retention is quite beyond comprehension.

The timing was wrong, and the outcome unsatisfactory to date. Quite how the Board may be handed the totality of blame -if blame there is- is beyond me.

Quite how part of the Board may be handed the totality of the blame -if blame there is- is beyond me, too.

Uli you have decided it is all warburtons fault and that he has resigned. That's not analysis that's just believing one version. The point is it shouldn't have come to this where there is so little trust or belief in the future from MW and he has no relationship with the chairman. I'll call it as I see it mate and it's a shambles. The only laziness is to tolerate anything less than a World Class club if not on the park then at least off it. If you want to believe this is all top class stuff then fill your boots.

I agree board members should be more discreet but they're not are they? So what is world class about that? Nothing mate.

Edited by Walterbear

Uli you have decided it is all warburtons fault and that he has resigned. That's not analysis that's just believing one version. The point is it shouldn't have come to this where there is so little trust or belief in the future from MW and he has no relationship with the chairman. I'll call it as I see it mate and it's a shambles. The only laziness is to tolerate anything less than a World Class club if not on the park then at least off it. If you want to believe this is all top class stuff then fill your boots.

I agree board members should be more discreet but they're not are they? So what is world class about that? Nothing mate.

I am taking what the Club has said. If these statements were lies, or terminological inexactitudes, whatever, I would expect Board members to resign. I would in such position.

I am taking what the Club has said. If these statements were lies, or terminological inexactitudes, whatever, I would expect Board members to resign. I would in such position.

Yes but you obviously have decent , high standards of morality and a sense of doing the right thing , certain of our board aren't cut from the same cloth mate .

The wording of frank deboers agent , about him taking a " new project from scratch " has at least given me a bit of optimism , however if it does come to fruition we will need serious money to fund it .

I am trying not to have any hope as it is the hope that kills you in the end, but I did note that his agent categorically said Leicester was never going to happen which is very different from what he said about us. ("Down hope, down - don't dare try to fool me again", he mutters as he logs off and wander away)

Agree with both of you. I would only really post something of ITK status if it was generally my view based on putting 2 and 2 together anyway and then I get a 'titbit' usually because i have steered a conversation a particular way to verify my opinion. My ITK stuff is not at the the level of the Russian secret service however. In the end we all put 2 and 2 together based on what we think is reliable evidence and we don't do it in isolation. For example rbr (who i do not know) posted something which I recognised as having truth and from completely different sources I would guess (it certainly isn't from Celtic bloggers btw). So I thought it was worth adding to that based on whatt I understand. In the interests of integrity and credibility of the gersnet board it would always be wise not to draw too many conclusions from people like me and outside formal comms from the club. But then if I have something that i think fans who invest their time and money should know it is difficult to say nothing. At the end of the day I am just another anonymous internet being but I hope my posts at least show I'm a Rangers fan and want the club to succeed. That's all I hope to be recognised but rangers fans have generally been to unquestioning in the past and it didn't help.

With respect to Ulis comment re what was shambolic about warburtons 'resignation' I can only respond by saying I have never seen any Rangers manager moved on or moving with such public disagreement about what actually happened. It does not seem clear cut. Resignation is a pretty straightforward process normally. Right now we are skint and we are paying for a manager and team who are not working whilst we have no effective leadership of the first team squad at a critical part of the season and we are behaving in a reactive mode rather than dictating the direction.. That's what's shambolic. Whatever the facts turn out to be in the end the board and chairman are accountable to the shareholders and fans for everything and the way the whole club is managed and that includes giving the right perception of the club to the public and projecting the best image possible. I don't think that has happened here.

I'm sorry WB but I don't see any shambles at all in Warburton going.

He was on his way out if he got the Notts job.

The board spoke about it and decided he was indeed crap at his job.

His rep met the board again.

He didn't get the Notts job.

The board accepted his resignation with no financial penalty to him or anyone else.

Warburton and the other 2 deciding, because they didn't get the Notts jobs they'd rather carry on being crap at Ibrox is the only thing making this "shambolic".

Imo the board acted very cutely and got rid of dead wood at no cost.

It will be true from a certain point of view but without context or detail about what was occurring in the background. Then I fear we are merely scratching the surface about what went on.

I can't believe I just quoted Obi-Wan Kenobi to make a point lol.

It will be true from a certain point of view but without context or detail about what was occurring in the background. Then I fear we are merely scratching the surface about what went on.

I can't believe I just quoted Obi-Wan Kenobi to make a point lol.

Forget Hollywood tripe.

The Club issued statements. Either Board members agreed with them or not. If they did not, if they contained lies, they should have acted properly.

If they disagreed with the lies, and said nothing, then they assume responsibility for the lies. In other words, they too are liars. Therefore, we may trust no one on the Board, even those who are leaking "the truth", to their friends, acquaintances, relatives, and 'football writers'.