Ally McCoist: Don't blame me for failure of Resolution 11

No there wasn't a deliberate attempt to turn against you. There was no motive for that from the fans.

We would have assumed you voted FOR more money into the club. We then found our you didn't and to make it worse you use an excuse of being out the country when one of the most important business decisions in Rangers history was being made. Where were you? Dubai, Florida?

You got your shares for nothing.

You milked Rangers. Don't comment on who we should recruit , what style of football we should play, the state of our finances or what our operating model should be. You are no better than the Easdales or the rest of the ****s.

Your excuse 'you were out the country' rangers fans aint so blooming stupid.

Hand your FREE shares over to c1872 or shut the feck up. You are damaged goods mate.

Edited by Walterbear

The guy was on STV tonight saying a DoF was a waste of money and would be better spent on building a team!

Can you believe this guy? Someone who took almost a million in wages out of the clubs pocket when doing absolute zilch to earn it?

McCoist is a greedy man and shouldn't be anywhere near opinions on how Rangers should conduct their business.

As for "being on holiday" did he not know when the vote was? Is he so skint he could not afford the admin fee if it was already booked to change it? Ffs what an excuse and what a dick!

I heard a bit of him on Snyde earlier. He really is something else. Maybe he should give some of his free shares back to help with our financial position.

"I support the board. Absolutely. I appreciate how difficult a job the board have got and I know the board will be doing their best for Rangers. All I would say is that I just hope they can find investment.

How can you claim to support the board, state they're doing their best then hope they can find investment when you renege on a promise to support the resolution that would have paved the way for that investment. He's taking us for idiots and not for the first time either.

He's far from stupid he's not broken his silence for no reason, that's him and Walter singing from the same hymn sheet but for whose benefit.

How can you claim to support the board, state they're doing their best then hope they can find investment when you renege on a promise to support the resolution that would have paved the way for that investment. He's taking us for idiots and not for the first time either.

He's far from stupid he's not broken his silence for no reason, that's him and Walter singing from the same hymn sheet but for whose benefit.

I must admit that I originally thought these comments were just a stupid mistake by McCoist, but I too am now thinking it's more sinister than that. I'd like to trust the motives of Smith and McCoist but it's terrible that I (and we) don't. I wish we could just have the good memories of WS and AM but for me their reputations are being damaged further because they appear to be playing politics and the fans can see right through it.

Like you, I'd like to know who benefits from their comments and what their motives really are. I'm much more disappointed than angry in them both. Whatever their motives, it's clear that it's more important than any relationship or status they had with our club and its fans. If they have real and valid concerns about something I'd like them to say it. If not, I want both of them to shut up and leave the future of our club to its real fans.

Edited by Gaffer

Its just the hypocrisy of the whole thing

1. Ally says 'The club needs investment' - Yes Ally, it does and yet you find that you are unable to support the resolution that would have enabled us to do so.

2. Ally says 'I was out of the country at the time' - Perhaps you may have forgotten to mention this to the person who you assured that you would vote in favour of the resolution. You may also have heard of a proxy vote?

3. Ally says 'it was leaked to discredit me in the eyes of the supporters'. That ship sailed a long time ago Ally, when you continued to take a massive salary while on gardening leave, even after the 'good guys' came on board. You can argue about the contractual position and the fact that he was entitled to that pay-off, but morally, if you wished to remain an icon, then the remaining pay-out should have been waived.

Why does he benefit from not voting in favour? I can only imagine that his shares become more valuable in the open market. For example, the remaining shareholders may wish to acquire these shares at a premium, in order to ensure that future resolutions pass/fail. What you can be sure of though, is that whatever Ally does is for his benefit, and his benefit alone.

Ally McCoist has defended himself over his failure to vote in an important resolution at last year's Rangers agm.

McCoist, who has a 1.25 per cent shareholding in the club, said: "I was one of the 25 per cent who never voted as I was out of the country and a lot more high-profile people at Rangers, people who are close to my heart, also never voted.

"I remain a supporter of the club and the board and I just hope the board can find the investment to help the next manager."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-9990896

For somebody who earned so much money while managing us, also unemployed at the time, it seems slight ridiculous that he couldn't either postpone his trip abroad, or if not that, at the very least, make a quick trip back to place his vote. I find it hard to understand if he loves Rangers as much as he professes, why he couldn't make that little effort.....

Edited by lenny3k

I think everything that needs to be said has been already in the comments. But as someone who clearly knows how the media up here works, why on earth is he giving any interviews, let alone to rags like the DR?

And why now?