Rangers - Fake News Generator

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Humza, our transport minister, was tweeting about Gerrard and Rangers with smiley faces earlier this week.  Do you think that's appropriate behaviour for a man in that role?  

Smiley faces....why is he not behind bars???  Of all the things to do.  Wonder how many bears posted messages about SG with smiley faces.

As for MP/MSP voting, every party is exactly the same.

But again, how does ANY of that prove that the SNP, as a party, are anti-Rangers???  As I said before, none of the political parties care about football...they're more concerned about important matters like running the country.

10 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Lets be honest no amount of evidence will sway you.

It's not about swaying anyone....it's about realising that this whole discussion is irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, Darthter said:

It's not about swaying anyone....it's about realising that this whole discussion is irrelevant.

Bang on the money. Any discussion with any nationalist, in any political circumstances and in any country is completely futile. Waste of time and energy. Nationalism by definition can’t be reasoned with or rationalised.

As for Humza, he clearly feels his party are doing such a fine job or running the country he can take juvenile jibes at a British establishment who still have some supporters who vote for him and his separatist policies.

18 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Bang on the money. Any discussion with any nationalist, in any political circumstances and in any country is completely futile. Waste of time and energy. Nationalism by definition can’t be reasoned with or rationalised.

As for Humza, he clearly feels his party are doing such a fine job or running the country he can take juvenile jibes at a British establishment who still have some supporters who vote for him and his separatist policies.

So unionism isn't nationalism???

Politics should be kept out of football. Leave that deluded pysh and the self righteousness that accompanies it to the Tims. I wouldn’t take my political viewpoint from any football fan just because they supported the same club as me. 

43 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The SNP don't allow their MPs to vote their own way in Parliament.  It's take the party line or take a hike.

The SNP don't reprimand or suspend MPs who make derogatory comments about Rangers.  They also don't reprimand or suspend MPs or councillors who get their photographs taken with Irish Republicans or at Irish Republican monuments or with Irish Republican regalia.  

Humza, our transport minister, was tweeting about Gerrard and Rangers with smiley faces earlier this week.  Do you think that's appropriate behaviour for a man in that role?  

I think what he’s hiding behind is that being anti-Rangers isn’t in the formal SNP manifesto, therefore they can’t be. So, no matter how many SNP MPs, MSPs, councillors, etc take a swipe a Rangers, he can continue pretending the SNP isn’t the squalid hun-hating circus we all know it is. As I said earlier, it’s bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think what he’s hiding behind is that being anti-Rangers isn’t in the formal SNP manifesto, therefore they can’t be. So, no matter how many SNP MPs, MSPs, councillors, etc take a swipe a Rangers, he can continue pretending the SNP isn’t the squalid hun-hating circus we all know it is. As I said earlier, it’s bizarre.

Other than some comments from one MSP....I don't see ANYTHING that is anti-Rangers.

I ask again for examples of the SNP, as a party, being anti-Rangers.  Also based on some of the logic presented here, there must be other parties are PRO-Rangers - I await the response.

11 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Other than some comments from one MSP....I don't see ANYTHING that is anti-Rangers.

I ask again for examples of the SNP, as a party, being anti-Rangers.  Also based on some of the logic presented here, there must be other parties are PRO-Rangers - I await the response.

Is that in the same way the Labour Party isn’t anti Semitic because it doesn’t have an official antisemitism policy? You’re offering pedantry as a defence and lurching towards whataboutery - it’s not pretty but it goes a long way to confirming the uniquely potent self-deception required to inhabit the cold grey world of allegiance to both Rangers and the SNP.

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

Smiley faces....why is he not behind bars???  Of all the things to do.  Wonder how many bears posted messages about SG with smiley faces.

As for MP/MSP voting, every party is exactly the same.

As I said before, none of the political parties care about football...they're more concerned about important matters like running the country.

Humza isn't just any old chap.  He's an elected representative.

No, every party is not the same.  No other party insists all MPs vote the way they're told.

If they're so busy running the country, how do they find time to make up fake threats and tweet about football rumours?

Darther, you're making yourself look rather silly.