Rangers - Fake News Generator

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

The SNP don't allow their MPs to vote their own way in Parliament.  It's take the party line or take a hike.

Seriously?

I don't give a monkeys about the SNP mate. NO political party in the UK allows its members to vote how they chose in parliament. NOT a single one of them. They all make regular use of the Whips. To suggest otherwise is just embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

I don't give a monkeys about the SNP mate. NO political party in the UK allows its members to vote how they chose in parliament. NOT a single one of them. They all make regular use of the Whips. To suggest otherwise is just embarrassing.

The other parties obviously do try to influence how their MPs vote.  But the SNP insist MPs vote the way they're told.

It's embarrassing for any of their constituents, right enough.

Edited by Gonzo79

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The other parties obviously do try to influence how their MPs vote.  But the SNP insist MPs vote the way they're told.

It's embarrassing for any of their constituents, right enough.

As far as the speaker is concerned all votes are free however the parties generally don't allow free votes, because normally when they do... they lose. That is not a position any party wants to be in, especially if they are the governing party, as it generally triggers 'no confidence' and it really is that simple.

5 hours ago, Darthter said:

The views of one msp do not represent the views of the party as a whole....but I'm sure you will be able to provide specific examples to the contrary???

The SNP as a party couldn't give 2 shits about Rangers, and neither could the Tories, labour, libdems, greens or any other party.  Football is irrelevant when it comes to the business of politics....again, I'm sure your gonna pull out some 1/2 arsed examples. 

Yousef himself, Sturgeon post SC final, Councillor Julie McKenzie with her hun remarks, and those are just off the top of my head.

It may not be representative of the party as a whole but it is a non-coincidentally higher number than average.

Football absolutely is NOT irrelevant to politics if one party sees an opportunistic play at obtaining votes from certain demographics that attach themselves to football clubs.  SNP know they are in a losing position with Rangers fans due to Unionist tendencies for the most part, so they have gone to the opposite end, namely Republican Catholics...

5 hours ago, Darthter said:

Smiley faces....why is he not behind bars???  Of all the things to do.  Wonder how many bears posted messages about SG with smiley faces.

As for MP/MSP voting, every party is exactly the same.

But again, how does ANY of that prove that the SNP, as a party, are anti-Rangers???  As I said before, none of the political parties care about football...they're more concerned about important matters like running the country.

You mean, for the SNP, more important matters like chasing independence ?  They’ve forgotten to run the country in their haste to have indyref2 after the Brexit vote

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Is that in the same way the Labour Party isn’t anti Semitic because it doesn’t have an official antisemitism policy? You’re offering pedantry as a defence and lurching towards whataboutery - it’s not pretty but it goes a long way to confirming the uniquely potent self-deception required to inhabit the cold grey world of allegiance to both Rangers and the SNP.

The difference being...there are specific examples of Labour (& Tory) members being anti-Semitic and as result they are being investigated as it is not allowed & a punishable offence.

All I would ask going forward: Please refrain from generalising one parties views based on the actions of one or two individuals & also please refrain from the derogatory remarks about those of us who hold differing political views.  We are all Rangers fans after all.

• pete locked this topic
  • pete unlocked this topic

Can I suggest that a regular forum user, or a collection thereof, take control of political parties and their comments reference Rangers and Rangers supporters. It would be most useful to have it all collated in one place, ready for appropriate reference. I have mentioned this before, a poll of 129 MSPs at Holyrood, all asked the same two dozen questions including what team they supported? Only one MSP, Murdo Fraser stated he supported Rangers.

A collation of the above would lend greater purchase to claims of under representation. Further, it would prove to be a valuable resource to the declining band of journos that support the club.