Rangers - Fake News Generator

26th - Correct me if I'm wrong here, and apologies to everyone else for my pedantry, but the Record didn't publish a 'retraction' of Hamilton's story did they? I recall there just being a grudging 'apology' to placate IPSO.

I know it may seem trivial to some but there is an important distinction between the two in my view. With the apology they can fudge their language but essentially stand by their story. A retraction is an unequivocal admission of being in the wrong.

Usually I'm like an elephant with these things. But alas my memory isn't what it was these days :(

"Ann Budge has outlined her vision for Hearts in a Q&A with fans.

The Jambos owner has revealed summer transfer plans, given an update on Tynecastle and responded to questions about Financial Fair Play.

Budge insisted Rangers will be forced to go through the same stringent FFP checks as every other club.

Questions were put to the Tynecastle chief by Hearts fans and she responded by insisting Rangers wouldn't be treated differently to any other team.

Budge is well known for her attempts to connect with fans and in her latest question and answer session the group, from Hearts website hmfckickback.co.uk, asked if the club would be seeking assurances on Rangers meeting FFP regulations for UEFA licences ahead of next season.

The FFP regulations were established by UEFA seven years ago and updated in 2015 in a bid to prevent clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success. The rules are also designed to stop clubs careering into financial turmoil.

Clubs failing to meet criteria can be refused a UEFA licence. Budge was asked if Hearts would seek assurances from the SFA that Rangers meet the FFP regulations ahead of next season having "publicly reported substantial losses in each of its five years existence" and given that they are requiring "further funding of £7.2m over the next two seasons as identified in their last accounts".

Budge said: "All I can say is that at Hearts, we have to jump through a lot of hoops to ensure we comply with FFP (Financial Fair Play) rules.

"We must assume that UEFA does the same with all other clubs and it's UEFA who decide if a team can play in Europe or not. It's not a question of whether a club is in debt. It's a case of, is that club in a position to pay the debt back.

"We have to complete enormous amounts of paperwork to UEFA, the SFA, the SPFL. When we took over in 2014, we had to attend a lot of meetings to prove we could run a financially viable football club. There is no reason to think Rangers are being treated any differently from any other team in that respect."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-responds-rangers-financial-12269944

12 minutes ago, boabie said:

"Ann Budge has outlined her vision for Hearts in a Q&A with fans.

The Jambos owner has revealed summer transfer plans, given an update on Tynecastle and responded to questions about Financial Fair Play.

Budge insisted Rangers will be forced to go through the same stringent FFP checks as every other club.

Questions were put to the Tynecastle chief by Hearts fans and she responded by insisting Rangers wouldn't be treated differently to any other team.

Budge is well known for her attempts to connect with fans and in her latest question and answer session the group, from Hearts website hmfckickback.co.uk, asked if the club would be seeking assurances on Rangers meeting FFP regulations for UEFA licences ahead of next season.

The FFP regulations were established by UEFA seven years ago and updated in 2015 in a bid to prevent clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success. The rules are also designed to stop clubs careering into financial turmoil.

Clubs failing to meet criteria can be refused a UEFA licence. Budge was asked if Hearts would seek assurances from the SFA that Rangers meet the FFP regulations ahead of next season having "publicly reported substantial losses in each of its five years existence" and given that they are requiring "further funding of £7.2m over the next two seasons as identified in their last accounts".

Budge said: "All I can say is that at Hearts, we have to jump through a lot of hoops to ensure we comply with FFP (Financial Fair Play) rules.

"We must assume that UEFA does the same with all other clubs and it's UEFA who decide if a team can play in Europe or not. It's not a question of whether a club is in debt. It's a case of, is that club in a position to pay the debt back.

"We have to complete enormous amounts of paperwork to UEFA, the SFA, the SPFL. When we took over in 2014, we had to attend a lot of meetings to prove we could run a financially viable football club. There is no reason to think Rangers are being treated any differently from any other team in that respect."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budge-responds-rangers-financial-12269944

ha ha brilliant.  FFP from hertz. Where did they get £12m for their new stand then ??

Edited by RANGERRAB

Hearts gave HMRC a penny in the £ deal for a couple of million debt following administration, they spent £30m they didn’t have which then got written off by a Lithuanian bank which was liquidated and lost ordinary Lithuanians their deposits (during that period of financial skullduggery they beat Hibs in the cup final), they paid players in Lithuania to avoid NI contributions and were owned and run by a Lithuanian oligarch type mobster. 

Perhaps the questioner should have asked Ann Budge what steps Hearts were taking to protect the reputation of their own club based on their own history of financial impropriety. Perhaps the Daily Record should be pointing out Hearts financial record rather than giving credence to the ramblings of one of their fans. 

You do wonder about the level of fear of Rangers with all of the anti-Rangers press out there these days. Hopefully we will get back to wining major trophies pretty soon and it will be the best of times when it happens. Hopefully dying ‘newspapers’ like the Daily Record won’t be around to report it. 

Edited by Walterbear

Smash a ****** Day' event sent to Glasgow MSP James Dornan

I'm assuming that something like this will be investigated fully by the police.  Afterall, it would be unthinkable for a MSP to forward this on Twitter rather than going to the police first of all.  It would also obviously be helpful and sensible for the police to use Mr Dornan's computer as evidence because it can be tracked quite easily these days.  I'm sure we will hear very soon the outcome of this when arrests are made.  Given the seriousness of this, I think it's important we get updates on this investigation from the police and don't let them drop this until it's clear exactly who created and distributed this material.  I think however it's fair to say that the culprit is easily the most stupid person and worst event organiser on the entire planet.  If the person was truly serious about such an idiotic event, would they not be best to send it to others to gather support?  It appears they've not sent it to anyone else in Britain as there's been no mention of it anywhere else.  Instead it appears that they've chosen to distribute it via a MSP.  As I said though, I'm sure the police's anticipated extensive investigation will reach a conclusion soon and enlighten us all.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Smash a ****** Day' event sent to Glasgow MSP James Dornan

I'm assuming that something like this will be investigated fully by the police.  Afterall, it would be unthinkable for a MSP to forward this on Twitter rather than going to the police first of all.  It would also obviously be helpful and sensible for the police to use Mr Dornan's computer as evidence because it can be tracked quite easily these days.  I'm sure we will hear very soon the outcome of this when arrests are made.  Given the seriousness of this, I think it's important we get updates on this investigation from the police and don't let them drop this until it's clear exactly who created and distributed this material.  I think however it's fair to say that the culprit is easily the most stupid person and worst event organiser on the entire planet.  If the person was truly serious about such an idiotic event, would they not be best to send it to others to gather support?  It appears they've not sent it to anyone else in Britain as there's been no mention of it anywhere else.  Instead it appears that they've chosen to distribute it via a MSP.  As I said though, I'm sure the police's anticipated extensive investigation will reach a conclusion soon and enlighten us all.

File under the bizarre “Scott Brown Sent. Abuse Regarding Dead Sister” story, which was being circulated by the papers and “investigated by the police” yet the story went cold when other online fans tracked the account to a fan of a certain other club that isn’t Rangers.

7 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

26th - Correct me if I'm wrong here, and apologies to everyone else for my pedantry, but the Record didn't publish a 'retraction' of Hamilton's story did they? I recall there just being a grudging 'apology' to placate IPSO.

I know it may seem trivial to some but there is an important distinction between the two in my view. With the apology they can fudge their language but essentially stand by their story. A retraction is an unequivocal admission of being in the wrong.

Usually I'm like an elephant with these things. But alas my memory isn't what it was these days :(

You are correct, no retraction, only an apology because IPSO upheld Rangers complaint.

Sturgeon and Sarwar condemn vile Punish a Muslim campaign

Stewart Paterson @PatersonHT Political Correspondent
(2) View gallery

NICOLA Sturgeon and Anas Sarwar have united to condemn the so called ‘punish a Muslim’ hate campaign.

The First Minister said the campaign was “sickening, disgusting and deeply disturbing”.

She said those responsible for spreading hate and inciting violence will not win and any attacks on the Muslim community was an attack on all Scots.

Ms Sturgeon responded after Glasgow Labour MSP, Anas Sarwar, outlined the full details of the material being distributed promoting violence against Muslims, to humiliate Muslim women and threatening to kill Muslims and burn down mosques.

The Scottish Parliament fell silent as Mr Sarwar listed the catalogue of vile acts that were being encouraged by the campaign and the sick points based system of ‘rewards’ for each act.

reading the list he said :” Ten points: Verbally abuse a Muslim, twenty-five points: Pull the head scarf off a Muslim ‘woman’ “Fifty points: Throw acid in face of a Muslim. 100 points: Beat up a Muslim “Two hundred and fifty points: Torture a Muslim using electrocution, skinning, use of a rack “Five hundred points: Butcher a Muslim using gun, knife, vehicle or otherwise “One thousand points: Burn a mosque”

Mr Sarwar said the First Minister to send out a message to the Muslim community that “this is your home and we will stand with you.”

He said it was “shocking, shameful and sickening” and asked fellow MSPs to imagine how it must feel to be a Muslim woman or child when they see these threats.

He urged the parliament to take a stand against the so called campaign.

Mr Sarwar said: “Send a message to haters that an attack on one Scot regardless of faith or race is an attack on all Scots and we will not let you win.”

He was applauded by members of every party for his stand.

Ms Sturgeon said: “Can I say I utterly condemn this disgusting so called campaign.”

“I find it difficult to find words that are adequate to describe or condemn what Anas Sarwar just read out.

“It is sickening, appalling, disgusting and deeply disturbing. It is all of that and more, but none of that does it justice and it certainly does not do justice to what I feel and what I know we all feel about it.

“We must all stand together against such hate and be clear that in this Scotland we will always challenge prejudice and discrimination.”

She said ministers had discused it with Police Scotland.

Is this the same story now being changed or is this 2 separate incidents?