Rangers - Fake News Generator

RED CARD! RED CARD!

Rangers vs Celtic linesman Douglas Ross handed SPFL Premiership clash this weekend

The official, also the Conservative MP for Moray, drew attention to himself after advising ref Willie Collum to show a red card to Hoops stopper Jozo Simunovic

By Gary Taylor
15th March 2018, 1:41 pm
Updated: 15th March 2018, 1:51 pm

DOUGLAS ROSS will be back on the line this weekend after having Celtic’s Jozo Simunovic sent off against Rangers.

The linesman drew attention to himself at Ibrox when he visibly said “red card, red card” to referee Willie Collum.

Simunovic was subsequently sent off for elbowing Gers striker Alfredo Morelos in the face during the Hoops‘ 3-2 Old Firm win.

Many fans and pundits believed Ross made the right decision in calling for the Bosnian international to be shown the red card.

And so he will be back working in the Premiership this weekend.

The Conservative MP for Moray will assist Kevin Clancy for Ross County’s game against Hamilton in Dingwall on Saturday.

The SFA announced their referee appointments for all of this weekend’s games this afternoon.

Don Robertson will take charge of Rangers’ clash against Kilmarnock on Saturday, while Craig Thomson will officiate at the game between Motherwell and Celtic on Sunday.

Old Firm whistler Collum will be the man in the middle at Pittodrie for Aberdeen’s match against Dundee.

And John Beaton will take charge for tomorrow night’s clash between St Johnstone and Hibs at McDiarmid Park.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2367809/rangers-celtic-linesman-douglas-ross-premiership/

10 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

RED CARD! RED CARD!

Rangers vs Celtic linesman Douglas Ross handed SPFL Premiership clash this weekend

The official, also the Conservative MP for Moray, drew attention to himself after advising ref Willie Collum to show a red card to Hoops stopper Jozo Simunovic

By Gary Taylor
15th March 2018, 1:41 pm
Updated: 15th March 2018, 1:51 pm

DOUGLAS ROSS will be back on the line this weekend after having Celtic’s Jozo Simunovic sent off against Rangers.

The linesman drew attention to himself at Ibrox when he visibly said “red card, red card” to referee Willie Collum.

Simunovic was subsequently sent off for elbowing Gers striker Alfredo Morelos in the face during the Hoops‘ 3-2 Old Firm win.

Many fans and pundits believed Ross made the right decision in calling for the Bosnian international to be shown the red card.

And so he will be back working in the Premiership this weekend.

The Conservative MP for Moray will assist Kevin Clancy for Ross County’s game against Hamilton in Dingwall on Saturday.

The SFA announced their referee appointments for all of this weekend’s games this afternoon.

Don Robertson will take charge of Rangers’ clash against Kilmarnock on Saturday, while Craig Thomson will officiate at the game between Motherwell and Celtic on Sunday.

Old Firm whistler Collum will be the man in the middle at Pittodrie for Aberdeen’s match against Dundee.

And John Beaton will take charge for tomorrow night’s clash between St Johnstone and Hibs at McDiarmid Park.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2367809/rangers-celtic-linesman-douglas-ross-premiership/

Incredible the way that's been reported. Insinuate one thing and then sneak in that most pundits believed it was the right decision. I don't see the big deal, there was a lot of noise and not much time for the ref to hear him and make a decision, he just wanted to make sure the ref made the right decision. 

This story is just another example of the Scottish press making it very clear that if you make a decision in Rangers’ favour, whether it is correct or not, you will have your name dragged through the mud.

it really is sinister.

Davie Hay: Jozo Simunovic was stupid but linesman took some glee in getting him off

I have to say two things about Jozo Simunovic’s red card at Ibrox: it was harsh but it was entirely stupid from him.

If he had caught Alfredo Morelos with his elbow at speed like that then we’d have seen the obvious physical consequencies.

I thought the Rangers striker made an absolute meal of it with the way he went rolling around the pitch as though he’d been shot but I also thought that Simunovic was stupid for putting himself into that situation – and then leaving his team-mates in the lurch.

I would also say that the linesman Douglas Ross took great delight the minute he saw the incident with his ‘red card! Red card!’ shouts. I don’t think he could wait to get the flag up and get him off.

In the modern day you have to accept that it is a sending off and I would have been annoyed with Simunovic because it was unnecessary and could have put Celtic on the backfoot.

Ironically, I actually thought they changed their shape to counter going down to ten men and looked more solid after he went off. But I do think that Morelos made the most of it although maybe not – if he was still concussed then I suppose that would explain his miss right at the death.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16090975.Davie_Hay__Jozo_Simunovic_was_stupid_but_linesman_took_some_glee_in_getting_him_off/