Rangers - Fake News Generator

This is now scraping the barrel and I don't know where to start with ripping this apart.  There are so many holes in this story and it's so similar to the blind man story.  There is surely no one that actually believes this nonsense.

Heck, I was initially thinking that the Yahoos were responsible for the cancelled train ... before remembering that they played the day before. 

Blizzards, strong winds, drifting snow and bitter cold have caused death and disruption as the weather system nicknamed the “Beast from the East” combined with storm Emma to create some of the most testing weather experienced in the UK for years.

... as for the rest, well a bit of a poor show from the stewards/security staff. Still, what a  story! You don't even know where to start.

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

Call me cynical, but if that is the "mum of five" and the lad is 14 ...

nintchdbpict000390026248.jpg?strip=all&w

... how old is his grandma?

If he's only 14, he's not old enough to know the age of his grandmother........

and, as a sellikfan, well, probably never will be......

A piece of spin in yesterday's Times, once a newspaper of record.

The source: that ever reliable disparager of Rangers, and all things Rangers, Mick Grant.

77, 824

Empty seats at Celtic Park (sic), Pittodrie, Fir Park and Ibrox

over the four weather affected Scottish Cup Quarfter Finals.

Where is the spin?

Well, permit me to put my own, more accurate birl on match attendances.

From the same newspaper:

The Piggery: 18 255

Pittodrie:     :   8739

Fir Park:       :   7564

Ibrox            : 33 968

Therefore -and the real story, Grant, you snivelling anti-Rangers masturbator- is that three SC 1/4 Final ties attracted, between them, 

34 558 paying customers, while Rangers drew 33 968 to Ibrox, at 4.15pm on a Sunday, only 590 fans less than the other three combined. 

But, hey, let's conceal that uncomfortable fact. 

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

TICKET ORDEAL

Schoolboy forced to make five-hour journey home from Rangers v Falkirk game alone after turnstile mix up

Owen McCarthy, 14, was told he couldn’t get into the Scottish cup tie on Sunday after he'd gone to the wrong gate. He was reported missing after his phone died while he tried to make the journey home alone to Falkirk

A SCHOOLBOY was forced to make a five-hour journey home from a Rangers match alone – after a turnstile mix up.

Owen McCarthy, 14, was told he couldn’t get into the Gers-Falkirk Scottish cup tie on Sunday after he’d gone to the wrong gate.

The lad claims he was also knocked back because his ticket was ripped – but it’s feared that may have been done by a turnstile worker before he realised the boy was in the wrong area.

Family reported the schoolboy missing after his phone died as he then tried to make the journey home alone to California, Falkirk.

And mum Catrina McGregor blasted security staff for the stunt – after it took five hours to get home because of the travel disruption caused by Beast from the East.

The mum-of-five said: “My son explained to the security staff that he wasn’t from the area and they just left him to his own devices.

“I feel like there should be a duty of care. They should have contacted us and we could have organised a way for him to get home.

“I think it’s pretty poor. The rip was tiny. The stewards said they couldn’t accept it but I don’t see how a torn corner makes it invalid.

Celtic fan Owen had bought the ticket from Larbert High School to sit in the Falkirk end along with his pals.

But he was separated from friends after staff were unhappy with the condition of his brief before he was told he couldn’t get in the match.

He was unable to contact his parents or pals as he had no credit in his phone so got a subway into Glasgow city centre around 4pm.

His mum launched a Facebook appeal to track him down after he didn’t arrive at Larbert train station as planned after his train was cancelled.

She then called in transport police before he finally arrived home at 9pm after getting two trains and walking for an hour from Falkirk to California.

She said: “He was upset when he first came in. He hadn’t had anything to eat all day. He must have been starving.

“He was freezing. His shoes were soaking. He was a bit shocked to see the police because he never knew that was going on.

“But we couldn’t get hold of him so didn’t know what was going on.

“He wasn’t showing up off the train. We didn’t know if anything sinister had happened.

“He’s fine today but when he saw the attention it got on Facebook he wasn’t best pleased. He was a bit embarrassed.”

A Rangers spokesman said the club are investigating the matter.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2318780/rangers-falkirk-schoolboy-owen-mccarthy-ticket-blunder-turnstile-staff/

The real question should be "Why is a 14-yr old travelling from Falkirk to Glasgow without adult supervision.  Also, even though the lad reportedly had no credit on his phone, there are still ways to make a phone call....or did he not have any money with him, which makes it even more shocking....even then, I'm sure he could have asked someone to borrow their phone.  Why did he not go to the police office @ Queens st station???

As for the security at the ground- they aren't baby sitters...they deemed the lads ticket invalid, it's not their problem what he does after that.

2 hours ago, Darthter said:

The real question should be "Why is a 14-yr old travelling from Falkirk to Glasgow without adult supervision.  Also, even though the lad reportedly had no credit on his phone, there are still ways to make a phone call....or did he not have any money with him, which makes it even more shocking....even then, I'm sure he could have asked someone to borrow their phone.  Why did he not go to the police office @ Queens st station???

As for the security at the ground- they aren't baby sitters...they deemed the lads ticket invalid, it's not their problem what he does after that.

There are so many holes in this story, but once again you wouldn't expect our idiotic journos up here to sacrifice a negative story about Rangers for facts.

Once again though it shows that they are all being raised to be obsessed by our team.  It's all about Rangers.

According to this story he paid to come and see us play.  I can understand that because we are absolutely brilliant to watch at the moment.  Maybe someone can direct him to YouTube to see the goals.  Having said that, I wouldn't watch 'them' even if I was being paid to.  I'm not interested in them.  Im not interested in their players, their results, their stadium, their history, their finances, their manager or anything else.  That's the difference, but it got me thinking.  Maybe this poor kid was thinking of defecting.  With a mother with those parenting attributes, and with a club with their history, perhaps he felt it was the safer option for him.  Unfortunately, this demonstration of stupidity resulted in a failed defection attempt.  No luck pal, but don't stop trying.  If you can successfully make the leap across to us, your future is already brighter so it's worth the effort.

In all seriousness though, his mother has completely embarrassed her son, made herself look like the worst mother, and all for what?  Her face in the papers?  Pathetic idiot!  As for the newspapers that print this stuff, the sooner they die off the better.