Rangers - Fake News Generator

Is Bowman out there on the park for Motherwell again later this week? Wonder how Hay would spit blood if he floors any Yahoo in the manner he did with Cardoso?

BTW, that haughty piece by Tom Boyd in the Sun was another example of them lacking any dignity or modesty. Neither there, nor in any other article about them and Rodger's tactical masterstroke last Sunday, did any of rheporters remarked that the chap he kept on the bench is valued a 7m and actually a player from billionaires PSG, thus should ooze talent whenever he grazes the fields of Scotland. We brought on a loanee from Forest, who will cost us in the region of 600k.

Then again, I can't really remember that any Scottish reporter actually highlighted the financial gulf that enabled the Yahoos to rule and dominate Scottish football for these last 5 or 6 years, that lapping them up would essentially be the same as praising Bayern Munich winning the Bundesliga 3 for the same amount of time.

18 hours ago, StuGers said:

This story is just another example of the Scottish press making it very clear that if you make a decision in Rangers’ favour, whether it is correct or not, you will have your name dragged through the mud.

it really is sinister.

Yet we have no shortage of Gersnet members telling us that politics has nothing to do with football. Of course that denial in itself is almost always political. Rangers has never been identifiable as a Tory club but that’s probably the only party not rushing to stick the knife in our backs. 

Edited by Bill

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Davie Hay: Jozo Simunovic was stupid but linesman took some glee in getting him off

I have to say two things about Jozo Simunovic’s red card at Ibrox: it was harsh but it was entirely stupid from him.

If he had caught Alfredo Morelos with his elbow at speed like that then we’d have seen the obvious physical consequencies.

I thought the Rangers striker made an absolute meal of it with the way he went rolling around the pitch as though he’d been shot but I also thought that Simunovic was stupid for putting himself into that situation – and then leaving his team-mates in the lurch.

I would also say that the linesman Douglas Ross took great delight the minute he saw the incident with his ‘red card! Red card!’ shouts. I don’t think he could wait to get the flag up and get him off.

In the modern day you have to accept that it is a sending off and I would have been annoyed with Simunovic because it was unnecessary and could have put Celtic on the backfoot.

Ironically, I actually thought they changed their shape to counter going down to ten men and looked more solid after he went off. But I do think that Morelos made the most of it although maybe not – if he was still concussed then I suppose that would explain his miss right at the death.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16090975.Davie_Hay__Jozo_Simunovic_was_stupid_but_linesman_took_some_glee_in_getting_him_off/

Another shocking article. Just because he made sure the ref heard him he’s accused of being biased. And Morelos accuses of being a bit of a cheat. None of us know how sore it was. I’ve been caught by an elbow in the face and people didn’t think much of it but it doesn’t change how sore it was!

Harsh? Randy 'The Ram' Robinson would've been proud of Jozo's efforts.

Watching it live and in real-time at the game, it looked obvious that Simunovic knew what he was doing with a typical piece of Balkan cynicism and that it wasn't a flailing arm. Whether Morelos made a meal of it or not is a moot point. And for the record, I don't think Alfie did.

Yet another instance of the victim card being played by a guy who threatened to stop the '86 League Cup final by taking his players off the pitch. And all the more hypocritical of him as he was fond of 'leaving one on' his opponents during his playing days.

Reknaw.

2 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Harsh? Randy 'The Ram' Robinson would've been proud of Jozo's efforts.

Watching it live and in real-time at the game, it looked obvious that Simunovic knew what he was doing with a typical piece of Balkan cynicism and that it wasn't a flailing arm. Whether Morelos made a meal of it or not is a moot point. And for the record, I don't think Alfie did.

Yet another instance of the victim card being played by a guy who threatened to stop the '86 League Cup final by taking his players off the pitch. And all the more hypocritical of him as he was fond of 'leaving one on' his opponents during his playing days.

Reknaw.

He nearly caused a riot at Ibrox when he assaulted a Rangers player on the trackside right in front of the Derry.

A love for ra sellik despite them appointing Billy McNeil as manager while he [Hay] was still in the same job.

Not the brightest tool in the box.

6 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Davie Hay: Jozo Simunovic was stupid but linesman took some glee in getting him off

I have to say two things about Jozo Simunovic’s red card at Ibrox: it was harsh but it was entirely stupid from him.

If he had caught Alfredo Morelos with his elbow at speed like that then we’d have seen the obvious physical consequencies.

I thought the Rangers striker made an absolute meal of it with the way he went rolling around the pitch as though he’d been shot but I also thought that Simunovic was stupid for putting himself into that situation – and then leaving his team-mates in the lurch.

I would also say that the linesman Douglas Ross took great delight the minute he saw the incident with his ‘red card! Red card!’ shouts. I don’t think he could wait to get the flag up and get him off.

In the modern day you have to accept that it is a sending off and I would have been annoyed with Simunovic because it was unnecessary and could have put Celtic on the backfoot.

Ironically, I actually thought they changed their shape to counter going down to ten men and looked more solid after he went off. But I do think that Morelos made the most of it although maybe not – if he was still concussed then I suppose that would explain his miss right at the death.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/16090975.Davie_Hay__Jozo_Simunovic_was_stupid_but_linesman_took_some_glee_in_getting_him_off/

And the barrage continues. “Do not give Rangers ANY decisions!”

Don’t know if this falls under the fake news category but I’ve noticed something sinister.

A while ago there was a story about the Henrik Larsson Foundation and how a night was run and it turns out that none of the money ended up going to charity.

Strangely enough, there are links to this story online but whenever you try and click on it you get the “oops we cannot find this story”. Very strange...

On 16/03/2018 at 10:17, Bill said:

Yet we have no shortage of Gersnet members telling us that politics has nothing to do with football. Of course that denial in itself is almost always political. Rangers has never been identifiable as a Tory club but that’s probably the only party not rushing to stick the knife in our backs. 

We are so hated that even a Tory (councillor, I think, but cannot recall exactly ) tweeted horrendous stuff against us last season, too.

44 minutes ago, SteveC said:

We are so hated that even a Tory (councillor, I think, but cannot recall exactly ) tweeted horrendous stuff against us last season, too.

What horrendous stuff was that? I'd love to know his/her name.