[FT] Kilmarnock 0 - 0 Rangers

I tend to agree with the sentiments. We suck offensively: too many players are isolated, make wrong decisions and/or just fail to hit the bloody target. We peppered their box with crosses but outwith a few Garner headers we didn't do enough; there was no quality. Hyndman was anonymous for me; I wasn't really surprised when he came off (partly because of the surface too I suspect). Too many players dawdle on the ball, wanting too much time; and there was no tempo. Second half was better, but still not good enough.

The only positive for me was the performances of the youngsters -- Bates had a shaky start but grew into the game, using his strength and height, and Beerman was decent going forward and did ok against a brute in Sammon -- and the fact that we did well defensively -- we weren't really troubled outwith the odd corner and Tavernier getting caught upfield leaving the Killie winger loads of space. I think the double pivot is helping; Holt was quite good for me, bringing lots of energy and breaking up play etc. Halliday can't control a ball and on the rare occasion he does he passes it back; Toral is significantly better.

Edited by Rousseau

Halliday doesn't have the technique or vision to play DM, but he's got good energy and pace so I feel like he could be used further forward. He's at his best -- not great I'll admit -- when he's running at defenders. We could've just swapped Halliday for Hyndman, letting Hyndman dictate the play from deep, with Halliday in the N0.10 role using his energy to press and run at the back-four. (Hyndman was probably removed because of the pitch -- which is a disgrace at this level -- so it's a moot point.)

Regarding crosses and corners, we seriously lack height without Kiernan and Hill in there, which was probably the main reason why we played most corners last season, rather than lump them into the box. As we saw yesterday, Killie hardly had a problem with our crosses. Yesterday would have been good - given the lack of midfield control - to play "long balls" in and behind their young defence and hit them with pace. But McKay was sure somehwat off the boil (or did not cope with the surface that well), while the right side lacked pace. Would have liked to have seen O'Halloran on the right and Windass through the middle. Hyndman should have stayed on (unless injured) and played a more holding role.

Edited by der Berliner

This year the team has stagnated. There has been no discernible, sustainable progress on the playing front. A stagnant pool. That is the best description of current circumstances.

Therefore, and any way you look at it, PC needs to redd out his playing staff at the end of the season.

That much is obvious; what is, but, perhaps, has not been so clear, is the extent of change required to make an acceptable impact; it needs to be significant. Ideally it would be.

Realistically, however, constraints on finance, and on available time (Europa Qualifiers will arrive precipitately), will militate against a quick turn around. The process of change will be, perforce, incremental, over this summer, and that of 2018. Unfortunately, it looks like we will have to settle for some moderate change, and consequently modest progress next season.

I do hope that I am wrong here.

Well, I'll buy a ticket for the Eurojackpot and if you all keep your fingers crossed, I get the Euro 72m jackpot and ease our financial difficulties ... :D

Reckon I would last three weeks before the drink, drugs and hookers got me! 72m euro! Wow!

The team were getting into a groove with Murty and it was kinda unfortunate he had to withdraw as Pedro came in, now they have gone back again, changes to the set up always upsets their rhythm, this occurs too easily.