[FT] Kilmarnock 0 - 0 Rangers

Up until now you've seen nothing of PC at all.

Doesn't fit the agenda bud.

When certain people have made up their mind it matters not how much they have seen of someone - they will force the facts to suit the agenda.

Good post Craig.Only thing is----When do we decide if hes good or bad.

Remember,Warbarton had 18 month and you thought he was still the man for the job.You wanted him to get at least another year.!!!

Yes, I did want Warburton to get another year. We will never know if we would have finished 2nd with him in charge or not. We were sitting 2nd when he left if I recall.... and anyone thinking we had a right to be challenging Celtic this year was overly-confident - I have said, and continue to believe, that the SC semi worked against us because we felt we had enough to challenge with what we had. Clearly we didn't.

I know this much - 3 games is nowhere near enough to judge either way on ANY manager. But that is exactly what some are already doing.

Are you for real pete ? Changing an opinion is one thing but FORMING an opinion on the back of 2 or 3 games is simply nonsense. Anyone who suggests that they have given the manager a fair chance at proving himself is absolutely kidding themselves on. Spin it all you like but that doesn't get away from the fact that he clearly hasn't been given nearly enough time to prove himself. People are entitled to their opinion, of course they are - but I am just as entitled to say that they should be ashamed of themselves for forming that opinion after 3 games - it is, after all, MY OPINION.

You have seen nothing of PC to make you think he is a good manager because you simply haven't seen enough of him. You likewise haven't seen enough of him to make you think he is a bad manager - but you wont say that as it doesn't fit with the focus you want to make.

The players have no idea what their tactics are ? And that is by default the managers fault ? Could it be that the players aren't very smart and don't understand what they are being told ? Hang PC right now, he told the media about ONE player getting a game via Twitter, not facebook. And guess what.... he still gave MORE notice than any other debutant in recent history IF any of the managers inform their players an hour before kick off - in many cases a manager announces his team to the players no more than 2 hours before kick off. Pedro gives the lad his chance and the lad knows 30 hours in advance - but lets hang the coach. Hardly a big deal, it is mountain out of molehill stuff.

He has been here for less than a month so clearly hasn't had enough time to get them playing the way he wants. You cant turn Scott Brown into Messi overnight no matter how much you try. Point being, he wants them playing a certain way but he still needs to understand what the players can and cannot do. If he believes in his system then he will force it upon them - nothing wrong with that either because it will give him the opportunity between now and the end of the season to see which players can and can't work under his philosophy. Those that can get to stay. Those that can't can leave. It allows him to weed out those that cant play to his tactics. It doesn't mean his tactics are wrong, it doesn't mean his tactics are difficult. It could be any number of reasons, including having players who can't or won't adapt.

Gone backwards in a month - lol. He is undefeated, which is forward progress vs what we had with Warburton and even Murty lost a number of his games in charge. He has had 3 games in charge - Accies, Motherwell and Killie - none of which are any great shakes but ALL of which have given this team issues this season. We have been a bombscare at the back and yet since PC has come in we have lost 1 goal in 3 games and have looked far more solid at the back than we have pretty much all season long. But, yes, we are going backwards.

Some people are never pleased, as is their prerogative.

Me personally - am not making him out to be the messiah - but I am certainly pragmatic enough to know that 3 games is not even close to being enough time to work with players to be proven a dud or not. I use it as an example often..... Where would Man U be right now if they had ditched Fergie instead of sticking by him ? They were a train wreck when he came in and they persevered for a few years before they saw success with him. They certainly didn't, after 3 games at the helm, go "thanks, but you really aren't good enough".

I maintain it is absolutely ridiculous to be suggesting he isn't good enough after 3 games. You wont convince me otherwise.

fergie had won a euro trophy with a provincial Scottish side so that example is terrible

people aren't judging him on these 3 games, its his track record overall - he should be nowhere near Ibrox based on that

that said - he shouldn't be tossed aside until his own players are brought in as this squad is terrible.

Edited by jhunter

fergie had won a euro trophy with a provincial Scottish side so that example is terrible

people aren't judging him on these 3 games, its his track record overall - he should be nowhere near Ibrox based on that

that said - he shouldn't be tossed aside until his own players are brought in as this squad is terrible.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. We need to judge him once he brings in his own players.

My concern so far is we have to change our system. We don't have the players to play with one up front and two wide. Our forwards simply do not score enough goals. Our top scorer in the league has just six goals.

For Sunday I'd like to see us try a different formation. Maybe 4-4-2 or something else like 4-4-1-1.

All I see on here is formations(look good on paper) I would rather see expressionism with players being able to adapt to situations on the park,too much time is spent looking at folders/diagrams.

Oh for the good old days when players could think for themselves.

Are you for real pete ? Changing an opinion is one thing but FORMING an opinion on the back of 2 or 3 games is simply nonsense. Anyone who suggests that they have given the manager a fair chance at proving himself is absolutely kidding themselves on. Spin it all you like but that doesn't get away from the fact that he clearly hasn't been given nearly enough time to prove himself. People are entitled to their opinion, of course they are - but I am just as entitled to say that they should be ashamed of themselves for forming that opinion after 3 games - it is, after all, MY OPINION.

You have seen nothing of PC to make you think he is a good manager because you simply haven't seen enough of him. You likewise haven't seen enough of him to make you think he is a bad manager - but you wont say that as it doesn't fit with the focus you want to make.

The players have no idea what their tactics are ? And that is by default the managers fault ? Could it be that the players aren't very smart and don't understand what they are being told ? Hang PC right now, he told the media about ONE player getting a game via Twitter, not facebook. And guess what.... he still gave MORE notice than any other debutant in recent history IF any of the managers inform their players an hour before kick off - in many cases a manager announces his team to the players no more than 2 hours before kick off. Pedro gives the lad his chance and the lad knows 30 hours in advance - but lets hang the coach. Hardly a big deal, it is mountain out of molehill stuff.

He has been here for less than a month so clearly hasn't had enough time to get them playing the way he wants. You cant turn Scott Brown into Messi overnight no matter how much you try. Point being, he wants them playing a certain way but he still needs to understand what the players can and cannot do. If he believes in his system then he will force it upon them - nothing wrong with that either because it will give him the opportunity between now and the end of the season to see which players can and can't work under his philosophy. Those that can get to stay. Those that can't can leave. It allows him to weed out those that cant play to his tactics. It doesn't mean his tactics are wrong, it doesn't mean his tactics are difficult. It could be any number of reasons, including having players who can't or won't adapt.

Gone backwards in a month - lol. He is undefeated, which is forward progress vs what we had with Warburton and even Murty lost a number of his games in charge. He has had 3 games in charge - Accies, Motherwell and Killie - none of which are any great shakes but ALL of which have given this team issues this season. We have been a bombscare at the back and yet since PC has come in we have lost 1 goal in 3 games and have looked far more solid at the back than we have pretty much all season long. But, yes, we are going backwards.

Some people are never pleased, as is their prerogative.

Me personally - am not making him out to be the messiah - but I am certainly pragmatic enough to know that 3 games is not even close to being enough time to work with players to be proven a dud or not. I use it as an example often..... Where would Man U be right now if they had ditched Fergie instead of sticking by him ? They were a train wreck when he came in and they persevered for a few years before they saw success with him. They certainly didn't, after 3 games at the helm, go "thanks, but you really aren't good enough".

I maintain it is absolutely ridiculous to be suggesting he isn't good enough after 3 games. You wont convince me otherwise.

Yes I think I am real although many a woman has said I was their lovely wee toy.:)

As JHunter said it is his total packet which does not impress me and supposedly signed because the interviewers thought he talked well. Well my wife talks well but it does not make her a good football manager.

With Warburton and Mutry you could see an improvement in the team almost directly and could see how they wanted the team to play. With PC it is obvious even the players have no idea how they have to play.

Can you explain his philosophy because it is certainly not evident at this time.

I wont try and convince you of anything because I know I would be wasting my time and I have better things to do.

If he is implementing a new system that will take at least 8 games but professionals should be able to adapt when working with each other all week. So the players have to step up. But they wouldn't have been use to a plan B as Warburton never had one therefore it would have been very repetitive under him so you would think the players would welcome different options.

Sunday is a big test and we will learn a lot about the players and the manager - this is where he will need the local assistant applicants to make him aware of the size and intensity of this fixture plus its importance this time around.

Doesn't fit the agenda bud.

When certain people have made up their mind it matters not how much they have seen of someone - they will force the facts to suit the agenda.

I have no agenda just an opinion on what I see. Maybe next month he will be manager of the month and he will have proved me wrong,I certainly hope so. That doesn't change the fact now that nobody seems to have a clue what is happening.