The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

You can freely attach yourself to any sort of race or people, do keep in mind though that the "Huns" were these:

Yes and you can also find something to be offended about in everything. Being offended seems to be a modern trend so I have added the word offendedness into my dictionary. Maybe we should add a score of offendednes from 1 to 10. 1 being slightly offended to 10 being very offended.

Humour is seemingly a thing of the past.

Apparently, the mainstream media, from their increasingly dessicated river bed, are heaping praise upon Thehertz, ken for demonstrating, in the Walker negotiations, a stand of principle, even when the club clearly needs an injection of principal. It seems to me more that Thehertz, ken has removed its nose to spite its face, unless, of course, its Foondation has agreed to pony up , obligingly, ever more cash.

Imagine if rahoops had pursued Walker; the deal would have been done, and praise heaped upon Thehertz,ken for pragmatism, realism, etc and for doing the best for the club in a 'harsh' commercial environment.

Of course, if Walker had said "No, Thanks", he would have been vilified for failing to see'the bigger picture', ignoring financial reality, turning down a once in a lifetime opportunity, and prejudicing, if not ruining, his career,

Actually, I'm surprised that the allegedly ultra flush fhilthfc did not buy him, with a view to keeping him on the bench/in the stand for a season then loaning him out to whichever lap-dog club is in most in favour next July/August....

The fact that the fhilth has had an unspectacular window may indicate to the more jaundiced of us that the burgeoning piggery war chest is ring fenced to redeem the Co-op Bank's softer than Andrex loans, which are due for repayment December , iIrc.

Such, allegedly, is the 'friendly' nature of these large subventions, at significantly, laughably, below market rates, that one might wonder if they were 'soft' only for the duration of the loans, and whether there might be a roll up of deferred interest on redemption. I don't know, but I should like to think so, if only in the interests of depositors, shareholders, creditors, clients and any and all others involved with this financial institution.

Edited by Uilleam

Yes and you can also find something to be offended about in everything. Being offended seems to be a modern trend so I have added the word offendedness into my dictionary. Maybe we should add a score of offendednes from 1 to 10. 1 being slightly offended to 10 being very offended.

It's not often that I am moved to cite Mr Steven Fry, too upper class English for taste, but here he has a point:

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

Edited by Uilleam

It's not often that I am moved to cite Mr Steven Fry, too upper class English for taste, but here he has a point:

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

Agree to a point but there are limits of course. It is getting now that you don't dare to speak because someone will find a word offensive. I was watching an astronomy programme last week and they were discussing black holes. I thought the BBC phone must be red hot with complaints.:)

Agree to a point but there are limits of course. It is getting now that you don't dare to speak because someone will find a word offensive. I was watching an astronomy programme last week and they were discussing black holes. I thought the BBC phone must be red hot with complaints.:)

Oh! Calcutta?

And here was me thinking that the tone of the "article" actually gave away the full-blown tongue-in-cheek sentiment of my reply ...

Then there's black bodies, dark matter and brown dwarves ... it's a galaxy of trouble out there I tells ye.

Okay, craig.

Not trying to be a dick about it mate, but surely we can forgive people the different pronunciations of the language. I use both myself given I have been out of the UK for so long - I just didn't see the need to pick someone up on something so trivial.

If I offended then I apologise.

I was hoping for a deal or two to happen late last night, but I'm not disappointed. I don't think Walker is that great, but would've been an option on the left; we can get him for nothing now anyway.

Our squad has been revamped, and I think most will agree that it is stronger than last season; that's all we could hope for.

Regarding the Walker thing I see it like this :

1. We don't have tons of money

2. We would have liked to get the lad

3. Hearts wanted 1 million

4. Most of us believe we can finish 2nd with what we already have

5. We can get him on pre-contract in January and it seems he wants to come to us

6. We can get Walker for next season AND still have that 1 million to spend, which would hopefully get us closer to Celtic

All in all I see it as win-win - we still get Walker (probably), and we get to "save" 1 million quid

I had this drawn to my attention:

"Edouard on loan to Celtic is interesting. Paid hush money to suspected rape victim then earned suspended sentence for shooting someone."

Surely not true.

If he is under a suspended sentence, can he leave France?

Sounds like the perfect signing for them....

Apparently someone compared him to Pele :roflmao: