The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Rangers Football Club is based in Glasgow. That's what this forum is about.

I apologised and understand the reason given but don't like US bastardisations of the English language.

And ? Being based in Glasgow means we should all adhere to the English version of the language ? And here was me thinking we were an inclusive club.... At least the club are inclusive...

So, let me get this straight..... "RFC is based in Glasgow and that's what this forum is about" ??? So, we aren't about fans in Ireland, England, US, Holland (for you pete, and Atur Numan....) Asia, globally.... Indeed, we are about "Glasgow" so screw every other part of the country and our support... We are based in Glasgow so everything should be based on those terms ?

I think you should pick your words a little more carefully.

Edited by craig

And ? Being based in Glasgow means we should all adhere to the English version of the language ? And here was me thinking we were an inclusive club.... At least the club are inclusive...

So, let me get this straight..... "RFC is based in Glasgow and that's what this forum is about" ??? So, we aren't about fans in Ireland, England, US, Holland (for you pete, and Atur Numan....) Asia, globally.... Indeed, we are about "Glasgow" so screw every other part of the country and our support... We are based in Glasgow so everything should be based on those terms ?

South Africa for me! Fortunately, we tend to follow the English version of the language and not the American abbreviations!

So overall, what's the verdict on Pedros' transfer window? Are we pleased or disappointed? For me, overall I am not unhappy. Pedro basically got rid on one team and brought in another, so can't be faulted for effort. The Board backed Pedro and found the cash to support his targets. The only downside for me is that lack of a left sided midfielder/winger, where I feel that we have a glaring weakness. I would hope that John has been brought in as cover for Wallace and is not expected to be our new Bud Johnston. However, the chatter is that he is better going forward than defending (sound familiar?) so perhaps Pedro's intention is that mf role.

Although I would have been delighted to have signed Walker, I am actually quite pleased that we were not held to ransom by Hearts and hopefully we go back and get him on a pre-contract in January. We are also probably a decent CB short, and I would have the fear if Alves got injured. However Rome wasn't built in a day and going forward we can add one or two quality players, rather than the radical changes that we have seen now. All decent players no doubt, but probably not enough to get us closer to challenging for the title.

So overall, what's the verdict on Pedros' transfer window? Are we pleased or disappointed? For me, overall I am not unhappy. Pedro basically got rid on one team and brought in another, so can't be faulted for effort. The Board backed Pedro and found the cash to support his targets. The only downside for me is that lack of a left sided midfielder/winger, where I feel that we have a glaring weakness. I would hope that John has been brought in as cover for Wallace and is not expected to be our new Bud Johnston. However, the chatter is that he is better going forward than defending (sound familiar?) so perhaps Pedro's intention is that mf role.

Although I would have been delighted to have signed Walker, I am actually quite pleased that we were not held to ransom by Hearts and hopefully we go back and get him on a pre-contract in January. We are also probably a decent CB short, and I would have the fear if Alves got injured. However Rome wasn't built in a day and going forward we can add one or two quality players, rather than the radical changes that we have seen now. All decent players no doubt, but probably not enough to get us closer to challenging for the title.

Overall I'm a lot happier than I was this time last year when MW seemed to be signing players at random from all over the place. And the majority of them couldn't get into the starting XI.

I still think we're a bit short of cover in certain areas such as CB but that must get sorted out in January.

Okay, craig.