The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

C'mon. He's far better than Halliday.

I don't think he's far better, he might be a bit better but we'll see. I think Halliday came in for a lot of stick last season because he didn't hide. I'd like to see him in a side with a proper defence behind him and a ball playing midfielder alongside him and that didn't happen last season. Very few of our players looked good last season, it doesn't mean they were bad players though.

O'Halloran is a forward so not really comparable with Candeias for example. McKay is a winger whereas Candeias is a right-sided midfielder. McKay is a better winger, Candeias is a better midfielder. I think Candeias is a good addition to the squad and I expect him to be a better player for us this season than McKay was last season.

McKay certainly appears far better than Dalcio, but can't comment on Nemane as I haven't seen him.

It's difficult to compare players, I accept that. Our 433 under Warburton doesn't lend itself to exact comparison to this season. But of the players we've brought in I think McKay is the better wide midfielder/winger/wide forward than anyone else currently at the club. O'Halloran was being played wide and even for St Johnstone likes to cut in from wide areas. Whether we play 442, 4411 or 433 we're weaker on the flanks this season.

What I find interesting if that is the right word is that after Prógres we never bought one player apart from Dorrans who obviously is a board choice or recommendation. That was even with Pedro saying we are going to be bringing in more players. I just wonder how much backing he has from the board.

What I find interesting if that is the right word is that after Prógres we never bought one player apart from Dorrans who obviously is a board choice or recommendation. That was even with Pedro saying we are going to be bringing in more players. I just wonder how much backing he has from the board.
Aboit the same as rodgers at celtc it seems.

My view is that Pedro believes he will need to have Scottish players around hence the likes of Dorrans & Jack being brought in.

Up to a point I would tend to agree with that.

but I do believe we'll need to get used to seeing a Rangers team over the next few season with few Scottish players in it