The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I was hoping for a deal or two to happen late last night, but I'm not disappointed. I don't think Walker is that great, but would've been an option on the left; we can get him for nothing now anyway.

Our squad has been revamped, and I think most will agree that it is stronger than last season; that's all we could hope for.

I had this drawn to my attention:

"Edouard on loan to Celtic is interesting. Paid hush money to suspected rape victim then earned suspended sentence for shooting someone."

Surely not true.

If he is under a suspended sentence, can he leave France?

Did we outspend celtc this summer?

Probably about the same I reckon. I don't think they fixed there centre of defence and I think we improved our forwards so I'm happy with that.

Walker we can now get for pennies in Jan. The boy needs to knuckle down for Hearts though and we need to forget about him until the window opens and we see where we are. We now have Windass, Dalcio, Nemane and possibly John and Pena who could play out left. Up to one of them to make that position there own.

Let's hope the team gel over this international break and we come back and put a run of results together. Important we stay in touch with Aberdeen and Celtic in this first quarter. Celtic should win the league, hopefully not as comfortably as they did last year and I'd take our squad over Aberdeens so we really need to push on now

English is in fact a Germanic language. I suppose that makes the whole of the English speaking world, Huns.:D

You can freely attach yourself to any sort of race or people, do keep in mind though that the "Huns" were these:

HUN (Habitat: Eurasian plains ) - Smallest of all barbarians. Feared foes of Goths and Vandals, ferocious warrior nomads and frighteningly efficient archers. Other barbarians running away from this bunch are spilling into OUR TERRITORY and causing no end of problems. Has prominent and sinister ritual scarring on face, and always fights from horseback. Voted all time winners of annual Gut-wrenchingly-terrifying-foe-we-least-like-to-fight-against competition in Roman Soldier Monthly. Dour in appearance. Lives on a diet of baked babies and tree bark gnawed straight from branch. Also reported to wear shrunken heads as small earrings, and smell worse than a beached whale. If encountered, remain very still and hope they don't spot you. If contact unavoidable, do not attempt to engage conversation regarding relative merits of Greek poetry or Roman poetry. Approach with extreme caution carrying long spear, and toss over some raw meat on end of stick."

.... as can be re-read in "The Roman Record"

And guess what, they spoke a rather different tongue indeed.

Edited by der Berliner

So the transfer window closes with just the one late addition of Declan John, who, unless he shows up VERY well will most likely be back-up for Wallace, while Hodson remains the same for Tavernier.

Dodoo will get valuable experience by hopefully having competitive matches in England, his chances with us looked restricted to cameo-sub appearances. As it only is till January, no real harm done either way.

Nemane might be his straight replacement - on the subs bench. I would assume that the new format for our Swifts (I will call our "Development Squad" that way) will actually give him as well as Beerman, Barjonas and Co. some excelent chance to hone their skills much better than being shuttled out to Albion Rovers or the like. Thus, we should probably not underestimate the challenges ahead for the Swifts players ... and the impact that may have should PC need them for the first team.

Good that Hardie remains with us and he will hopefully get more chances in the not too distant future.

Buying and selling is done, but we can obviously still grab the odd freebie (and probably still loan to someone else?).