The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Sounds like the perfect signing for them....

Apparently someone compared him to Pele :roflmao:

That will be because Pele played for Brazil at 16 yo, and won a World Cup Final at the age of 17, while this guy, Edouard, has yet to kick a ball for PSG's 1st team.

Not trying to be a dick about it mate, but surely we can forgive people the different pronunciations of the language. I use both myself given I have been out of the UK for so long - I just didn't see the need to pick someone up on something so trivial.

If I offended then I apologise.

No need to apologise.

So is the consensus that we've got a stronger squad now the 'window' is closed than at the end of last season?

There's been no change at keeper.

In defence I think most people see Alves as a better player then we've had for a few years at centre-half. I'm not sure about Cardoso yet, time will tell. We've also added Declan John as much needed full back cover. A lot was expected of him as a young player but his career has gone backwards, since breaking into the Cardiff side as a teenager. He spent some of last season at the dizzy depths of Chesterfield, a name to send shudders through bluenoses of a certain vintage. We lost Kiernan who I actually thought was okay and just needed to be in a side who bothered to actually defend. We've also lost Crooks although I wasn't sure if he even was a defender. On balance our defence has better depth and a stronger first choice back four.

Midfield is harder to judge I think. The big buy was Pena but no one can judge him yet as we've barely seen him. Early reports are concerning but a period of adjustment and settling into life here was inevitable. But so far he's not strengthened the side, but he might yet. Personally I'm not convinced Jack is better than Halliday and having a better defence behind him should help whoever plays as a deep lying centre midfielder. Dorrans is better than Halliday I think and if Rossiter can stay fit our central midfield is stronger. Our wide areas are definitely weaker. McKay, O'Hallaron and Forrester are away from the club as is Dodoo who could play wide as well. Replaced by Cadieas, Dalcio and Nemane, none of the three of them are better than McKay. Dalcio has struggled to get into the side and Nemane is a young player who might not see much 1st team football this season. Putting Windass or Krancjar out wide is not the answer. For me our midfield remains unbalanced and I'm not sure we're stronger here overall.

Upfront is the hardest to judge for me. Young Morelos has started really well and if he can keep that up he'll have been an amazing bit of business. But he's a young player and inevitably he'll have a drop in form at some point. I'm also a little concerned that he's had no 'pre-season' having joined us half way through the Finnish season, next May is a long time to play without a break. Herrera is a more straightforward target man, whether he's better than Garner time will tell. Garner struggled due to the type of football we played, he'd be much better suited to our current style ironically. Other than that we've lost Dodoo who was enigmatic and O'halleron who struggled last season yet has turned into Gerd Muller now he's back at St Johnstone. Again we're relying on Kenny Miller too much, hopefully young Hardie might make a breakthrough this season. We've lost Waghorn who always worked hard but didn't score enough for me, again someone who'd benefit playing alongside someone like Morelos.

Our forward options are small, a couple of injuries and you wonder where the goals are coming from. I'm not yet convinced we're stronger up front.

Overall, a stronger defence and central midfield, but weaker in wide areas and shallow upfront. If I'm being honest I think we're still a long way behind Celtic and I think Aberdeen have a stronger first choice 11.

Apparently, the mainstream media, from their increasingly dessicated river bed, are heaping praise upon Thehertz, ken for demonstrating, in the Walker negotiations, a stand of principle, even when the club clearly needs an injection of principal. It seems to me more that Thehertz, ken has removed its nose to spite its face, unless, of course, its Foondation has agreed to pony up , obligingly, ever more cash.

What they have done is ludicrous and will look all the more ludicrous when we take him for £0 this time next year. They are stuck with a player they and everyone else knows doesn't want to be there and no matter how professional he tries to be about it nestling away in the back of his mind is the thought that I don't want to be injured before this contract expires.

Personally I'm not convinced Jack is better than Halliday

C'mon. He's far better than Halliday.

McKay, O'Hallaron and Forrester are away from the club as is Dodoo who could play wide as well. Replaced by Cadieas, Dalcio and Nemane, none of the three of them are better than McKay.

O'Halloran is a forward so not really comparable with Candeias for example. McKay is a winger whereas Candeias is a right-sided midfielder. McKay is a better winger, Candeias is a better midfielder. I think Candeias is a good addition to the squad and I expect him to be a better player for us this season than McKay was last season.

McKay certainly appears far better than Dalcio, but can't comment on Nemane as I haven't seen him.

Not trying to be a dick about it mate, but surely we can forgive people the different pronunciations of the language. I use both myself given I have been out of the UK for so long - I just didn't see the need to pick someone up on something so trivial.

If I offended then I apologise.

I always use the British style I grew up with but don't always notice when it auto corrects me to US style and sometimes even when I do notice I just let it go. No need to apologiZe for that. ;)2

Well, it took some 20 misn to check this out, but here you have our first team squad, listing players in the MAIN position, as well as where they could be utilized. I also added the Development side below, even though I don't know where exactly each player is deployed or can play. Elfideldo might be a better source there.

There is no particular order of players, just a list so everyone can see where there is cover etc.. I have added half a handfull of our youth players in the first team, those I knew to have trained with the latter.

FODERINGHAM

ALNWICK

KELLY

TAVERNIER - CARDOSO - ALVES - WALLACE

HODSON - BATES - D. WILSON - JOHN

Beerman - Tavernier - A. WILSON - Hodson

- R. McCRORIE - xxxx - BEERMAN

CANDEIAS - JACK - DORRANS - Windass

NEMANE - KRANJCAR - WINDASS - Dalcio

Pena - DALCIO - ROSSITER - John

Dorrans - HOLT - THOMPSON - Beerman

Dalcio - PENA - BARJONAS - Dorrans

Morelos - BURT - xxxx - Candeias

Miller - xxxx - xxxx - Nemane

Beerman - xxxx - xxxx - Miller

MORELOS - HERRERA

MILLER - HARDIE

Development Side

(Not checked for secondary role / utility position; * marks unknown slot in line-up)

WRIGHT

McADAMS

MUIR

LYON - McCRORIE - A.WILSON - BEERMAN

Beerman - KRONES - BREEN - xxxx

HOUSTON - THOMSON* - MAYO - xxxx

xxxx - BRADLEY* - xxxx - xxxx

ATAKAYI - BARJONAS - BURT - xxxx

xxxx - AHMED* - KELLY* - xxxx

xxxx - PALMER* - ZATA* - xxxx

SHIELS - DALLAS

RUDDEN - NELSON*