The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

5 in 43 for Palace; 13 in 49 for Cardiff; 6 in 58 for Sunderland.

He had a couple of decent seasons 10 or so years ago: 20 in 31 for Royal Antwerp; 15 in 24 for Hull City.

He's 30 in September.

Well, his stats last season could have come straight from our squad, just check the line under each table. E.g. he was in CP's EPL-games squad 24 times, started no game, was subbed on 12 times and remained on the bench for another 12 games. Out of 38 EPL games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fraizer-campbell/leistungsdaten/spieler/42411

As has been said, playing in the EPL for perennial strugglers will not offer you a great deal of scoring opportunities. Likewise, a height of "just" 1.72 m is not that great for a striker, but I have no clue what sort of striker he actually is.

EDIT: Some folk on FF say he would be very decent and point out that folk who scored regularly in Scotland (and for us) struggled for goals down in the EPL and Championship (be that Boyd, Jelavic or Cousin, while others like Dembele or Sinclair couldn't get a game).

I doubt that he'll be the muted "big name" signing, unless that was tongue in cheek, as Campbell obviously is a big Scottish name. (BTW, Frazier's got English and Jamaican nationality)

Edited by der Berliner

5 in 43 for Palace; 13 in 49 for Cardiff; 6 in 58 for Sunderland.

He had a couple of decent seasons 10 or so years ago: 20 in 31 for Royal Antwerp; 15 in 24 for Hull City.

He's 30 in September.

The thing is if you are looking for a 20+ per season goalscorer of EPL standard then you are talking north of 20million pounds if not more. I also thought Mark Hately was a donkey when he was in Italy(and he was) but look what happened to him when he came. Admittedly Milan and Monaco are a different class than Palace.

The thing is if you are looking for a 20+ per season goalscorer of EPL standard then you are talking north of 20million pounds if not more. I also thought Mark Hately was a donkey when he was in Italy(and he was) but look what happened to him when he came. Admittedly Milan and Monaco are a different class than Palace.

A 30 yr old striker, who runs about, doesn't score, and who will have zero sell on value....what's not to like?

Signing Frazier Campbell would be a reckless act of sheer hope triumphing over experience.

A 30 yr old striker, who runs about, doesn't score, and who will have zero sell on value....what's not to like?

Signing Frazier Campbell would be a reckless act of sheer hope triumphing over experience.

He'd play in an entirely different league of very different quality, with entirely different fellow players ... so it may very well turn out to be another Marcus Gayle scenario, or indeed a Hateley one. Without trying to compare Campbell to either player.

The "sell-on" value stuff IMHO is a rather vogue argument these days, which while not exactly unimportant, should not of too great a concern to us. Right now, we need people rising to the Premiership challenge for one or two years, so we may end up with a CL spot and some considerably greater budget than nowadays. At that point, we can checkout sell-on values in every transfer too. IMHO, we boxed rather clever with Rossiter, Cardoso, Morelos and one or two others. Step by step, as the saying goes.

I did not mean we should buy him as I don't know him and as we have seen in the past with Jeffers and the other big useless guy we had, who's name I can't remember, There are some donkey's in the EPL.

I did not mean we should buy him as I don't know him and as we have seen in the past with Jeffers and the other big useless guy we had, who's name I can't remember, There are some donkey's in the EPL.

James Beattie. A season of of unadulterated shite. Ditto Francis Jeffers.

Not a fan of FC but on a free transfer and not to high a wage he is a good replacement for Miller. Will run into the corners all day and night offering a good out ball. His pace is perfectly suited to the phase change stuff PC plays. Major concern is him adding to our ability to not finish in a month of Sunday's.

After looking at the euro squad it's dreadful, we need options and he provides something we don't have a lot of, pace.

Rangers have been told Aberdeen midfielder Kenny McLean is not for sale.

The Light Blues lodged an offer in the region of £300,000 last week but that has been booted out by Dons chiefs.

They value the Scotland squad member closer to the £1million mark but are reluctant to sell to their Ladbrokes Premiership rivals after watching former club captain Ryan Jack make a switch to Govan earlier this summer.

Everybody we show an interest in is automatically worth a million apparently. And they're content to sell to the yahoos but not to us? Aren't they also rivals?

JIMMY CALDERWOOD admits the loss of Kenny McLean to Rangers would be another body blow to Aberdeen ahead of the new campaign.

SportTimes revealed on Saturday that the Light Blues had stepped up their interest in the midfielder as boss Pedro Caixinha targets further reinforcements this summer.

The Portuguese has already snapped up former Dons skipper Ryan Jack on a three-year deal and he is in line to make his debut against Progres Niederkorn on Thursday night.

Forwards Niall McGinn and Jonny Hayes have also left Pittodrie and former Reds boss Calderwood knows Derek McInnes will be determined to hold onto McLean in the coming weeks.

He told SportTimes: “There is talk about Kenny McLean going to Rangers as well and it is so difficult for Aberdeen.

“They have done brilliantly in the last couple of years. After a short break, you are coming back in and before you know it you are into European games.

“It is really difficult, and even more so after losing Ryan Jack and Jonny Hayes, and Niall McGinn as well. If they lose McLean to Rangers as well, that is hard to take for the supporters there.

“It’s not easy for the manager either. He will have been looking forward to pre-season and before you know it four of your best players are out the door.

“No disrespect to Aberdeen, because it is a fantastic club with a great chairman, but it is difficult when Rangers, or Celtic, come calling.

“You can’t really do too much. All you can do is try and get as much money as you can and then look to get another gem because that is something they are good at there.”