The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

The fool really has the begging bunnet held out in todays pile of manure -

" Prior to engaging in the main thrust of this piece I take pause to provide some feedback on the amnesty. The response has not been as expected. Nevertheless some have stepped forward and donated more than the minimum sum of £5. Some have made their contribution recurring. Five pounds per month is not asking too much. Others subscribe to the view that twenty pounds per month is more apposite. As there is one day to go and the possibility of a last day rally I will postpone any decision on a paywall until every opportunity has been exhausted. " :laugh2:

All to keep his "award winning" site open .

The fool really has the begging bunnet held out in todays pile of manure -

" Prior to engaging in the main thrust of this piece I take pause to provide some feedback on the amnesty. The response has not been as expected. Nevertheless some have stepped forward and donated more than the minimum sum of £5. Some have made their contribution recurring. Five pounds per month is not asking too much. Others subscribe to the view that twenty pounds per month is more apposite. As there is one day to go and the possibility of a last day rally I will postpone any decision on a paywall until every opportunity has been exhausted. " :laugh2:

All to keep his "award winning" site open .

I thought vagrancy was illegal

I wasn't too fussed about Dorrans and Walker, but going by last night we need some creativity and they could be the way to go.

I would like Dorrans more than Walker!, however would take both if McKay is on his way out!

I think last night proved even more that McKay should be given an improved deal to sign and get him back in the team. Him and Nico in the same side would be worth seeing. Dalcio doesnt look on the same planet as McKay - albeit after only one pre-season game so we have to give the boy time to settle in and see if he can contribute, but im not holding out much hope there.

I think our 4-3-3 shape is not working at all. It leaves us short in midfield, we leave our wingers/wide forward players exposed without anyone near them to link up with far too often, and our central striker is easily marked out the game as the other forward players are never close enough to the central guy to be any help at all.

There are plenty of other formations that could work better, and may better suit our players, and I would like to see something different tried as to me this isnt working.

I think last night proved even more that McKay should be given an improved deal to sign and get him back in the team. Him and Nico in the same side would be worth seeing. Dalcio doesnt look on the same planet as McKay - albeit after only one pre-season game so we have to give the boy time to settle in and see if he can contribute, but im not holding out much hope there.

I think our 4-3-3 shape is not working at all. It leaves us short in midfield, we leave our wingers/wide forward players exposed without anyone near them to link up with far too often, and our central striker is easily marked out the game as the other forward players are never close enough to the central guy to be any help at all.

There are plenty of other formations that could work better, and may better suit our players, and I would like to see something different tried as to me this isnt working.

What's the script with McKay?, is he leaving?, Dalcio is nowhere near as good as McKay, in fact I would even prefer Dodoo based on the early signs, too early to write him off but he has a lot to improve!.

I am still not convinced with PC, although again it is too early to judge!, maybe once we get everyone in we will see better performances?, right now it isn't looking like we have changed much from last season apart from our defense does look stronger but then they haven't really been tested yet!

Lifted from FF:

Beefy111

Trialist

18-05-2016

Re: Barrie Mckay training with development squad

Rangers have offered McKay a very good deal already but this is now off the table.

McKay is looking for c£10k a week deal - Rangers offered him around £6k.

I would firmly expect McKay to be a Notts. Forrest player in next couple of weeks and the funds going to Tynecastle for Walker.

What's the script with McKay?, is he leaving?, Dalcio is nowhere near as good as McKay, in fact I would even prefer Dodoo based on the early signs, too early to write him off but he has a lot to improve!.

I am still not convinced with PC, although again it is too early to judge!, maybe once we get everyone in we will see better performances?, right now it isn't looking like we have changed much from last season apart from our defense does look stronger but then they haven't really been tested yet!

I think your spot on with this sadly. I was hoping to give PC a clean slate and I will persevere with this and try not to be too critical, but I think my previous statement that he will not last a year may be accurate.

There is always a danger with pre-season games that we look too critically at them, when they are all about getting an improvement in match sharpness and getting ready for the league season starting. The problem we (and PC of course) have with this is that European football (and the related income) is so important to us that we cant afford to not hit the ground running even this early in pre-season.

If we can get these 4 Euro games out the road (are we really shitting ourselves about Limmasol?) without any injuries and progress into R3, we will be in a much stronger position in terms of confidence, fitness, team harmony and understanding. We really have to just ignore the quality of football in these games and ensure we win the games first and foremost.

I think your spot on with this sadly. I was hoping to give PC a clean slate and I will persevere with this and try not to be too critical, but I think my previous statement that he will not last a year may be accurate.

There is always a danger with pre-season games that we look too critically at them, when they are all about getting an improvement in match sharpness and getting ready for the league season starting. The problem we (and PC of course) have with this is that European football (and the related income) is so important to us that we cant afford to not hit the ground running even this early in pre-season.

If we can get these 4 Euro games out the road (are we really shitting ourselves about Limmasol?) without any injuries and progress into R3, we will be in a much stronger position in terms of confidence, fitness, team harmony and understanding. We really have to just ignore the quality of football in these games and ensure we win the games first and foremost.

Agree, you have saved me typing too much!