The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

DORR IS OPEN Norwich City agree to sell Graham Dorrans to Rangers, according to reports

Reports say the Canaries midfielder will become Pedro Caixinha's next summer signing after a bid was finally accepted

By Robert Collins 28th June 2017, 7:40 am Updated: 28th June 2017, 8:39 am (Updated before the article was out, that's cool.)

NORWICH have agreed to sell Graham Dorrans to Rangers, according to reports.

The Express say the Canaries midfielder will become Pedro Caixinha’s next summer signing after a bid was finally accepted.

But it looks like they will finally get their man after making a bid of £1.3million with add ons included.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1208360/norwich-city-graham-dorrans-rangers-transfer/

I ... checked the Express site and their Norwich page and it says nothing at all apart from the earlier not-acceted bids.

Norwich City transfer rumours: Rangers confident of sealing Graham Dorrans swoop

PUBLISHED: 09:59 28 June 2017 | UPDATED: 10:10 28 June 2017

The Canaries have reportedly accepted Rangers latest offer for midfielder Graham Dorrans.

Scottish media claim on Wednesday a £1.3m bid, plus add ons, has been agreed between the clubs and the player could now seal a move to his boyhood team if he can agree personal terms after returning to pre-season training at Colney on Monday.

The Scottish Daily Express reported at the weekend the Canaries’ board were due to discuss an improved offer after already knocking back a number of enquiries from the Glasgow outfit for Dorrans, with a series of lower bids reportedly rejected as City held out for £1.5m from the Ibrox club.

Pedro Caixinha had made the 30-year-old his number one close season target as he looks to build a squad to challenge bitter rivals Celtic’s dominance of Scottish football in recent years since Rangers well-documented financial problems.

A number of Rangers players past and present in recent weeks have made no secret of their desire to see Dorrans return north of the border. City team mate Steven Naismith admitted in recent days Dorrans would be a big loss to the club’s Championship promotion push.

The ex-West Brom midfielder spent his youth on the terraces at Ibrox and is reportedly keen to seal a Carrow Road move.

Dorrans scored six goals in 24 appearances last season during an injury-hit campaign that saw him suffer knee ligament damage at Reading on Boxing Day before damaging his ankle shortly after his return at Aston Villa in April.

The playmaker only signed a new three-year deal 12 months ago but would now appear surplus to requirements under new head coach Daniel Farke, with City needing to generate funds to bolster the German’s squad for the upcoming Championship season.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-transfer-rumours-rangers-confident-of-sealing-graham-dorrans-swoop-1-5077482

I like Dorrans and would be happy if he signed, but to claim he was PC's "number one close season target" is stupid, when we have signed Alves and also spend double that fee on Pena. But then it was in the Scottish media so stupid is about right.

I hope we sign Dorrans, I like him and he would be a good signing

I can't remember ever seeing him to be honest

Excellent at West Brom, less effective at Norwich (although I suppose that he had to wear a green kit then !) I do think that he will be a step up from what we have currently - imagine a combination of Holt and Jack, probably gives you an idea of his style of play.

I like Dorrans and would be happy if he signed, but to claim he was PC's "number one close season target" is stupid, when we have signed Alves and also spend double that fee on Pena. But then it was in the Scottish media so stupid is about right.

The price paid for a player doesn't dictate his ranking in your priorities, though I would suspect that you are right about the statement. If I were to guess I would say Alves was his top priority.

Edited by craig

Andy Halliday completes season-long loan deal to Gabala

Rangers midfielder Andy Halliday has completed a season-long loan deal to Azerbaijani side Gabala.

Halliday, who has three years left on his contract at Ibrox, travelled to Salzburg for talks with Gabala, who are currently in a training camp ahead of their new season.

The 25-year-old, who played 32 times for Rangers last season, was left out of the Ibrox side's Europa League squad by manager Pedro Caixinha.

He will now move to one of Azerbaijan's European representatives in search of regular first-team football.

Gabala, who finished second in their league last season, enter the Europa League at the second qualifying round where they will face either Jagiellonia Bialystok or Dinamo Batumi.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1392327-andy-halliday-completes-season-long-loan-deal-to-gabala/