The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Reports claim Rangers are interested in Coventry City starlet George Thomas

Gers are said to be among several clubs – including Swansea and Leicester - keen on the highly-rated 20-year-old midfielder

RANGERS are interested in Coventry starlet George Thomas, according to reports.

Wales Online claims Gers are among several clubs – including Swansea, Leicester and Newcastle – keen on the 20-year-old who starred for the Dragons in the recent Toulon Tournament.

He bagged nine goals in 36 games for the Sky Blues last season.

Thomas scored a stunning winner at Wembley to give Coventry – relegated to League Two – the EFL Trophy.

Pedro Caixinha’s Ibrox side could take advantage of cross-border transfer rules to land the out-of-contract youngster.

The Portuguese gaffer has already made EIGHT summer signings, including Euro 2016 winner Bruno Alves and Aberdeen skipper Ryan Jack.

Norwich midfielder Graham Dorrans could be next, with his transfer expected to be completed in the next 48 hours.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1234067/reports-claim-rangers-are-interested-in-coventry-city-starlet-george-thomas/

True, but we need to get info/rumours from somewhere :), if it's posted on here then there is no need to click on the link

Agreed. I wasn't criticising you for posting it, more putting the rumour into perspective.

Agreed. I wasn't criticising you for posting it, more putting the rumour into perspective.

Aye I know mate!, I know you weren't at me. I just post shit as I see it:)...most of it is shit

CLYDE have signed Rangers defender Kyle Bradley on a development loan,initially until January.

The 18-year-old is currently part of the Light Blues’ under-20s squad.

Bradley made his first team bow for the Ibrox outfit last season as a substitute in the Premiership clash with St Johnstone in May.

Jim Chapman told Clyde’s official website: “Kyle is a young lad who can play in central defence or at full back.“He’s got a lot of promise and he can gain match experience with usnow.“We’re grateful to Rangers for allowing us to have this link with them and it should be beneficial for both parties.

“It’s an opportunity for Kyle to develop in a first team environment,but Rangers also acknowledge Clyde’s needs in term of a player being ready to enter that environment.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1234070/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-aberdeen-hearts-hibs-and-all-premiership-teams-get-the-latest-updates-and-gossip-6/

Edited by ian1964

I'm surprised the board have done business with Forrest. Surely other teams would've been interested in him. I'm hugely disappointed he's going though I get that if he doesn't want to be here we are better rid of him. I just wouldn't have sold him for 750K with two months of the window left and certainly not to Forrest

Edited by theboyharley

Ewan Murray‏

Verified account

*@mrewanmurray 43m

43 minutes ago

Expect confirmation shortly that Notts Forest have signed Barrie McKay from Rangers. Four year deal and roughly £500k. Great deal for Forest

https://twitter.com/mrewanmurray

We don't know if there is any sell on clause, so it may be a better deal than it appears on the surface. Disappointed that he hasn't become the player that he could have been with us, but such is life. The danger is that he is one of those players that forever lives on his potential. He did absolutely nothing for us in the Premiership and is still dining on the Celtic goal from two seasons ago. Hopefully we will get Walker in as his replacement, perhaps not as gifted as McKay, but certainly more effective in the Scottish game.

Barrie McKay deal imminent as Nottingham Forest edge closer to TWO new additions

Nottingham Forest are close to confirming their second signing of the summer, with attacking midfielder or forward Barrie McKay on the verge of joining from Glasgow Rangers in a deal thought to be worth up to £750,000.

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/barrie-mckay-deal-imminent-as-nottingham-forest-edge-closer-to-two-new-additions/story-30422797-detail/story.html#6d6kvWKPtYkMCq81.99

Aye, let's hope there is a good sell on clause!

Fingers crossed! We might be able to buy some new goal nets with it when he ends up at Aberdeen in a couple of years time.

Are Forest still interested in Tav as well?