The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Dalcio is here on loan from BenficaB who obviously deemed him surplus to requirements.

Not necessarily....he's still young, so they will most likely wanting him out on loan for experience & development. Whether he then is deemed worthy of running out for Benfica - that's up to them.

Not necessarily....he's still young, so they will most likely wanting him out on loan for experience & development. Whether he then is deemed worthy of running out for Benfica - that's up to them.

From what little of him we have seen thus far, Benfica must be really poor if he has a chance of making it with them.

Lifted from FF:

McGregorslaces

1st Team Regular

17-01-2012

Re: Transfer Speculation Thread ** Check First Post for Updates **

Ready for the abuse to come my way however what I've been told.

Pedro has till hibs/hearts. If we're behind, he's gone. After the sheep and the tims, Europe was his chance at this job.

Also 5 players are definitely coming in for this window.

Hutton

Naismith

Walker

Mclean

Dorrans.

I know these names have been mentioned before but he says he's been told these are players that are wanted by the club and WILL be pursued for this window. Pedro has been told to get these players.

I've never posted rumours before and I am NOT ITK.

Take it however you want.

Lifted from FF:

McGregorslaces

1st Team Regular

17-01-2012

Re: Transfer Speculation Thread ** Check First Post for Updates **

Ready for the abuse to come my way however what I've been told.

Pedro has till hibs/hearts. If we're behind, he's gone. After the sheep and the tims, Europe was his chance at this job.

Also 5 players are definitely coming in for this window.

Hutton

Naismith

Walker

Mclean

Dorrans.

I know these names have been mentioned before but he says he's been told these are players that are wanted by the club and WILL be pursued for this window. Pedro has been told to get these players.

I've never posted rumours before and I am NOT ITK.

Take it however you want.

absloute bollocks

Because you saw both twice in pre-season preparation and your knowledge in personality and football tells you that they will never come good? I hope, after a night's rest, you will see it a bit differently. Well, probably not for a week or two.

To be fair if you can't judge a player after two games then your just not good at making quick efficient and ultimately correct decisions. Two games is plenty to get a handle on a players worth. Most signings aren't watched more than twice in person. Some people have a skill for it others don't, doesn't mean it shouldn't be done

To be fair if you can't judge a player after two games then your just not good at making quick efficient and ultimately correct decisions. Two games is plenty to get a handle on a players worth. Most signings aren't watched more than twice in person. Some people have a skill for it others don't, doesn't mean it shouldn't be done

I'm sorry, but this isn't correct. You can of course choose to judge a player after two games, but it would be crazy and the facts don't support this approach. Most signings are made having looked at their stats and performances over dozens, if not hundreds of games. Some people claim to have a skills for it (sometimes referred to as "an eye for a player") but again the stats show that the clubs who select based on selected criteria and stats are 30 times more likely to identify an effective player over a club which uses scouts that attend a couple of games. If you're interested, I can direct you to the sources of this research.

I know that our new director of football will be using such techniques so it'll be interesting to see how our recruitment approach changes.

I'm sorry, but this isn't correct. You can of course choose to judge a player after two games, but it would be crazy and the facts don't support this approach. Most signings are made having looked at their stats and performances over dozens, if not hundreds of games. Some people claim to have a skills for it (sometimes referred to as "an eye for a player") but again the stats show that the clubs who select based on selected criteria and stats are 30 times more likely to identify an effective player over a club which uses scouts that attend a couple of games. If you're interested, I can direct you to the sources of this research.

I know that our new director of football will be using such techniques so it'll be interesting to see how our recruitment approach changes.

think you have miss read my comments mate. Twice face to face is enough. As in you don't need to watch them in person more than twice. Obviously there are far more intricate things that go on but they are all analysis based done from video or as you say stats by a dedicated team not the scouts. Scouts watch a player once or twice in person and also some vids before and after the face to face viewing, then put them forward. They make a decision based on those viewings then those players are passed on for more detailed analysis refining down the applicants. But at the end of the day people are paid to watch players a couple of times and make decisions on the players merit and whether they fit the criteria desired.

Every fan can do as the scouts do and make quick decisions based on what they see and what they don't see. It's a skill but it is done

Edit- should have added that the analysis is there to validate the scouts belief not replace it . Analysis is a tool to try and give numerical values to those human interpretations of the scouts findings so it can be seen and understood by those without the insight of a scout.

Edited by trublusince1982