The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Looks to be someone from the list Mark Allan brought along, rather than someone PC would know.

What I do not like about some of the previous loans is that we apparently had a agreement that as long as they are fit, they will have to be played. Zelalem and Toral quite often did not really turn up or played at a consistently decent level to validate starting slots.

One thing regarding Willock, he might be back up for Dorrans and Pena, but may also mean that we plan to hand Barjonas a loan deal to get regular competitive action.

It is a young loanee, he would only get a part game and not every week.

The whole point of a player going out on load, is to get game time.....the parent club wouldn't be overly happy if their player is brought in as backup only.

Loans are not something we should be using now , especially if it means sending out our own players who are nearly ready

We certainly don't need them to boost squad numbers, but you can never rule them out completely.

A fantastic post from FF:

I wouldn't disagree in an ideal world. But Alves and Dorrans are multi-million pound players that we have managed to get by fortunate circumstance. We simply can't afford today to fill the team with such players as we will not get cut price deals for all. Morelos is a speedy positionally acute goal scorer. Coming from a lower level and perhaps a gamble but we simply can't buy a proven player of this ilk. Celtic's fawned-over strikers were failures down south and they've gone through a large number of failed gambles. Morelos seems a reasonable spin of the wheel. Who else would you have gone for? Aberdeen are very unlikely to sell us Rooney and would you really have wanted Boyce or Moult?

I'd like new full backs. Hopefully we'll get at least one. I'd prefer it to be a permanent deal but, if a loan is an upgrade then great. We've rebuilt our whole team this close season and spent more than we have in probably not far off the last decade. If the well is running dry then we have to accept that. We've not been treated badly by the board this summer.

Remembering that the team humiliated last week is nothing like the team that will play at the start of the season (even without more transfers), we cannot judge much yet.

Will we be strong enough to beat Celtic? I don't know. It's a big ask. We could. If Morelos makes the jump, Herrera is international class, Alves sorts our defence, Dorrans brings his A game and Pena is worth the hype. I think there may be too many 'ifs' but we should, on paper, be a hell of a lot closer than we were.

Our absolute requirement is to beat Aberdeen. Remember we ran them close last season with a very inferior team. Is Alves better than Kiernan? Is Jack better than Halliday? Is Dorrans better than Holt? I think none of those are close. Is Pena better than Forrester? Is Herrera/Morelos better than Waghorn? For those ones, I've not seen enough of the new guys to know but the bar is pretty low.

I don't think we have a winger better than McKay as yet (and Walker is at a similar level rather than upgrade in my opinion). And our right sided forward remains problematic though we have all the same options that we had last year and some extras.

So, overall we have an upgrade. And, in my opinion, quite a considerable one. While Dolly has weakened.

I want more but accept where we are and would struggle to complain too much. Give me Walker, a starting wing back, and a competent player for the right attack and I'd be unable to expect any more. And the rumours are that this is exactly what we're trying to get.

Those fortunate circumstances? What one being old and the other one playing for a team that got relegated who then had to cut their cloth accordingly? That happens every year nothing fortunate about it. We offered Alves an attractive financial package, if we didn't he wouldn't be here.

Mckay is the only winger. We don't play with wingers so pretty mute point really.

Herrera international class is a bit of a stretch but agree with most of the player comparisons bar there being a massive difference between Halliday/holt and Jack

Don't really get how it can be too early to judge but you can judge what the first team will be. That strongest side is just an opinion at the end of the day and maybe one PC doesn't hold.

Not so sure Aberdeen have weakened by anything considerable, you also have hearts who have strengthened well on last seasons team to consider. Berra and lafferty will make their side a difficult proposition for us. Two players who go up against probably our weakest links. Plus we now have another couple of difficult games against hibs to consider. For me the league looks slightly harder this coming season not easier.

As each friendly passes we maybe need to reconsider what we think pedro considers his best side. The continued use of Miller and Windass doesn't make it look like they are considered bit part players.

Minus Alves have we played what we consider our strongest side even once yet for even one half?

If not then we need to question what side he sees as his best. You would usually want your favoured starting 11 to play together as often as possible. It could also be that PC thinks the bedding in of the Mexicans will take longer than the first 10 or so games of the season.

Pena and Herrera not starting the second leg is puzzling. For Pena not to even make the bench makes me think he must be a long long way off if he can't perform or gain sharpness/awareness from playing an amateur side.

All in all there is a strong chance PC has lost the majority of the dressing room and if that's the case then his best side might be irrelevant.

Those fortunate circumstances? What one being old and the other one playing for a team that got relegated who then had to cut their cloth accordingly? That happens every year nothing fortunate about it. We offered Alves an attractive financial package, if we didn't he wouldn't be here.

Mckay is the only winger. We don't play with wingers so pretty mute point really.

Herrera international class is a bit of a stretch but agree with most of the player comparisons bar there being a massive difference between Halliday/holt and Jack

Don't really get how it can be too early to judge but you can judge what the first team will be. That strongest side is just an opinion at the end of the day and maybe one PC doesn't hold.

Not so sure Aberdeen have weakened by anything considerable, you also have hearts who have strengthened well on last seasons team to consider. Berra and lafferty will make their side a difficult proposition for us. Two players who go up against probably our weakest links. Plus we now have another couple of difficult games against hibs to consider. For me the league looks slightly harder this coming season not easier.

As each friendly passes we maybe need to reconsider what we think pedro considers his best side. The continued use of Miller and Windass doesn't make it look like they are considered bit part players.

Minus Alves have we played what we consider our strongest side even once yet for even one half?

If not then we need to question what side he sees as his best. You would usually want your favoured starting 11 to play together as often as possible. It could also be that PC thinks the bedding in of the Mexicans will take longer than the first 10 or so games of the season.

Pena and Herrera not starting the second leg is puzzling. For Pena not to even make the bench makes me think he must be a long long way off if he can't perform or gain sharpness/awareness from playing an amateur side.

All in all there is a strong chance PC has lost the majority of the dressing room and if that's the case then his best side might be irrelevant.

Don't forget Pedro said himself that Aberdeen have had their day and will no longer get near Rangers.(or words to that effect)

Edited by pete