The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Rangers Transfer News: Pedro Caixinha confirms plans to poach Aberdeen star and Alves

RANGERS manager Pedro Caixinha has confirmed he is keen to sign Aberdeen captain Ryan Jack.

By Michael Baillie

PUBLISHED: 22:11, Mon, May 15, 2017 | UPDATED: 22:30, Mon, May 15, 2017

When reports emerged last month that Rangers were monitoring Jack, Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes was furious.But since then it has emerged that MLS outfit Columbus Crew are keen to take the 25-year-old to the United States.

Jack is out of contract at Pittodrie in the summer and he has given no indication that he wants to stay.Caixinha is striving to strengthen his squad ahead of next season and believes Jack could provide the defensive midfield cover his side currently lacks.

The Portuguese said: “I assess a lot of Scottish players, at least those who play against us.

“Jack has not played for the last two matches – if I am not wrong – and maybe he won’t play against us on Wednesday. But because of his age, his quality and what he has done in the last two seasons, he is a player I like.*

“There are maybe six or seven more like Jack that we assessed.“He is a good player. Young and Scottish.“I like his consistency, although he has missed a few games recently. I like his leadership as captain at a young age.

“I like the way he sees the game and gives the out ball in the build-up. He gives a balance to the team when it’s attacking.”

Caixinha is also impressed by Jack’s physical presence in midfield.

“He has aggression, especially at moments when you need balance,” said the Rangers manager. “Players can be released in attack when they know others are giving them cover. We have struggled with that, definitely.“For example, the last goal we conceded against Hearts came from a poor line of cover.”

Caixinha also wants Portuguese Euro 2016 winner Bruno Alves, who admitted he was flattered to be linked with the Ibrox outfit.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/804965/Rangers-news-transfers-Ryan-Jack-Aberdeen-Pedro-Caixinha-latest-Scottish-gossip

no way is he a PC signing

The Portuguese said: “I assess a lot of Scottish players, at least those who play against us.

“Jack has not played for the last two matches – if I am not wrong – and maybe he won’t play against us on Wednesday. But because of his age, his quality and what he has done in the last two seasons, he is a player I like.*

There are maybe six or seven more like Jack that we assessed.“He is a good player. Young and Scottish.“I like his consistency, although he has missed a few games recently. I like his leadership as captain at a young age.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/804965/Rangers-news-transfers-Ryan-Jack-Aberdeen-Pedro-Caixinha-latest-Scottish-gossip

I find it amusing how the media interpret interviews....

Based on the bits in bold (above), PC has merely stated that he likes the look of Ryan Jack, but is also looking at 6 or 7 other, similar players.....How does that equate to him being a definite target??? Maybe a wee bit of deflection - point the media towards RJ, then sign someone completely different???

no way is he a PC signing

Would that not imply that PC is unable to spot the same talent as MW and SDoW if it is presented to him? Would it be totally unbelievable that PC likes the lookof an e.g. Ryan Jack as well? Just saying.

Edited by der Berliner

I find it amusing how the media interpret interviews....

Based on the bits in bold (above), PC has merely stated that he likes the look of Ryan Jack, but is also looking at 6 or 7 other, similar players.....How does that equate to him being a definite target??? Maybe a wee bit of deflection - point the media towards RJ, then sign someone completely different???

cwoodloyal of FF said this yesterday:

Was told recently 5 top first team players complimented by 4 good squad players to be signed this summer.

We'll only know when it happens, of course.

RYAN RAID Rangers notify Aberdeen they plan to hold signing talks with Pittodrie captain Ryan Jack about Ibrox switch

SunSport first broke the news that Pedro Caixinha wants the 25-year-old midfielder now Ibrox club have informed*Pittodrie chiefs they intend to start discussions

RANGERS have formally notified*Aberdeen of their plans*to hold signing talks with Dons skipper Ryan Jack.

SunSport revealed last month that Pedro Caixinha wanted the 25-year-old to toughen up his Gers midfield.

Now the Ibrox club have lodged their interest with*Pittodrie chiefs in a move that will come as a serious blow to Derek McInnes’ hopes of holding on to a key player.

From the Chairmans club last night .

Jack is a done deal also boyhood Rangers fan , not that that makes any difference.

Douglas Park has loaned Rangers £9 million with the proviso that Graham is on the board .

The £13 million summer investment includes current wages , there is infact no real new money and King cannot get access or wont get access to any .

The stadium as we all know is in a real state of disrepair in places and some parts are so bad it require scaffolding which is being given free of charge by a well know east end gentleman .

All in all a thoroughly depressing night . (I wasn't in attendance , but a very good friend was.)