The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Rangers target Bruno Alves has revealed he’s flattered to be linked with a summer move to Ibrox.

The 35-year-old Cagliari centre-back would cost Pedro Caixinha around £450,000 with one year left on his contract at the Serie A club.

Alves won Euro 2016 with Portugal and admits playing in the UK appeals to him. MailSport understands his representatives will meet with Cagliari officials this week to thrash out his future.

Alves said: “If Caixinha is interested in me it’s good news because every Portuguese coach knows about my work.

“I have never played in the UK before but it seems like an incredible atmosphere to play your football.”

Meanwhile, another potential Caixinha target, Argentine stopper Carlos Izquierdoz, has virtually killed off any hope of a move to Rangers.Caixinha made the 28-year-old captain when he was boss of Santos Laguna and was reported to want to bring him to Ibrox.

But Izquierdoz, who has a deal with the Mexican side until 2020, said: “I haven’t spoken to Pedro in a long time.

“He’s a big coach and he knows my style of play. But I can’t say anything about Rangers.“I have a deal with Santos and I’m happy in Mexico.“For any South American it’s always a dream to play in Europe but I’m realistic and my head is focused on the Mexican league.”

A source at Santos Laguna said: “We haven’t received any formal offers for our captain and it’s our aim to keep our players.”

At the end of the day,you have to have you barrel with salt at the ready reading rumours anyway. Who knows whether we have either of these players mentioned on our target list, not to speak of having approached them.

Alves could well be another speculation the media threw our way, see if it might be true and if Alves stays, they can neatly whip up a headline saying "he snubbed us". Not that we've seen this before ...

BTW, a few murmurs over on FF that Naismith is in advanced talks.

Edited by der Berliner

Don't think he's been better than Miller but I'd have kept Hill for another season. Given the amount of work the team needs, keeping Hill at least gives another couple of transfer windows to fix that bloody midfield and find some goals. Could then look to replace him next season. I could understand letting him go if the manager was looking for more pace at the back but wouldn't be trying to sign Alves if that was the case.

I too felt that Hill was the better player but I'm hoping Pedro has options/prospects at the back, in particular the Alves connection. One thing that did sour the Hill experience for me was seeing him party hard after the defeat to Celtic. For me, that's not the sign of a winner and perhaps that attitude shows in other ways to Pedro too. That's complete speculation and a personal opinion, but either way Hill will leave with thanks from all supporters for the job he's done this season.

what is the story here?

My God I can't believe the trash berating Hill and others,at the end of the day they got gubbed in a football game,so what.Would it have been alright to party if it had been against another team?.

Get real folks and remember players are flesh and blood the same as us with the same rights to party.

BTW, a few murmurs over on FF that Naismith is in advanced talks.

I'm hoping there are more than that in advanced talks. Time is rapidly running out before the first Euro qualifier.

You must see my face when you look in the mirror mate. :P

Now that I've seen you in person, I can see the likeness; others will have difficulty as I noted you were hiding in both the Official Gersnet Dinner Official Photographs.

I also noted that you were the only male to appear wearing a jacket and new shoes apparently, class thanks. Anyone who does not sit in the DB and wears a jacket and new shoes to the football must be minted.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Don't think he's been better than Miller but I'd have kept Hill for another season. Given the amount of work the team needs, keeping Hill at least gives another couple of transfer windows to fix that bloody midfield and find some goals. Could then look to replace him next season. I could understand letting him go if the manager was looking for more pace at the back but wouldn't be trying to sign Alves if that was the case.

It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Hill has been our best defender by a mile; Miller has been our best striker by a mile.

The difference is that Hill is more easily replaceable and also a year older; as well as being English so always going to going back down south.

It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Hill has been our best defender by a mile; Miller has been our best striker by a mile.

The difference is that Hill is more easily replaceable and also a year older; as well as being English so always going to going back down south.

Of course. But, if he fancied it, I'd have kept him on got next year. Clearly not a long term option but, as I say, buys us time to sort more pressing issues