The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Regarding Ben Heneghan, remember too that we (MW) snatched youngster Bates from Raith Rovers and although being about one astronomical unit away from a finished article and Rangers class, he held his head up well even against the Scum. Spotting this raw talent is difficult and rearing (and getting) it as well ...

Sounds like it. We definitely need the bulk of our business done early but it remains to be seen how suitable that business will be.

I would disagree (slightly).....we do need to bulk up the squad in order to maximise chances for the Euro qualifiers. However, these may not be any big name/money signings. IF we manage to negotiate the qualifiers & get into the group stages we will then be guaranteed £Xm from the competition - this would effectively allow the board to authorise a bigger spending budget based on guaranteed income & lure of Euro matches.

Back to the theme of the thread: Allegedly, we are interested in Motherwell's Ben Heneghan? Considering Motherwell have conceded more shots than anyone else this season it doesn't look too good, but that doesn't mean to say this guy is the problem; also, having Jaap Stam -- one of the best defenders in the game -- interested suggests he has something about him?

Pinch of salt?

He certainly didn't stand out in our matches against Motherwell. Would be as well persevering with Bates, who seems to be a similar type player. I would be surprised if this is genuine interest. More likely, an agent knowing that Rangers are looking at Centre Backs, and talking up his client.

Does anyone think he might go for Krisztian Nemeth, I know everyone was talking about Weiss but he is under contract till 2020, but Nemeth played in the same team and he is out of contract, Pedro knows him. I will be honest I don't know much about him, I remember he was at Liverpool and I think iv seen him at international level but couldn't really comment on how good he is.

Göteborg stall ready for the Scottish big club: "A boy's dream"

Izhaak Ahmed leaves Sweden, family and friends to fulfill a boyhood dream.

The 17-year-old is ready for Scottish Glasgow Rangers.

"It feels great," he told the football channel.

He wrote at the beginning of the week, flew over Sunday and tomorrow, Monday, Izhaak Ahmed makes the first training with his new club.

He longs.

- I am really looking forward to it. It will be cool, he says, who has fostered in the Gothenburg clubs Lärje / Angered and Angered MBIK. He has been in the last club for five years.

Now, however, he takes a big step in his career. A two and a half year contract has been signed with Scottish Glasgow Rangers. He who can play both defenders and midfielder will enter the club's U17 team.

"It's a boy's dream come true. Now it's about working 100 percent on the training and developing as much as possible, he says.

17-year-old Izhaak moves over to Scotland. Where in Sweden he leaves family and friends.

"It's clear that it's not fun, but I have all the support I can get. They have said they will visit me so that you do not feel lonely, he says.

When did Glasgow Rangers enter the picture?

- A few months ago, but I did not let that much focus on it then. I was seriously worried when they said it was close to real.

Do you have any hope to play A-team football this season?

"I'll just keep my head cold and drive all I can. Then we'll see what the future exposes.

What have you got for the impression of the club?

"I will train the first pass tomorrow. Then I can meet the team for the first time. But Glasgow is a big club with a lot of history.

Glasgow Rangers is currently in the Scottish High Court. Up to the series-leading Celtic, the distance is 27 points.

Google Translation...

U20: Rangers 2-2 Aberdeen

Tuesday, 31 January 2017, 10:00

Elsewhere, Swedish player Izhaak Ahmed has joined the under-17 side from Angered MBIK subject to international clearance.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/u20-rangers-2-aberdeen-2/

He's been there for a while it seems.

Early May training with the first team: http://willievass.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/050517-Rangers-training/G0000X.7DyEONRRs/I0000GJABBB74ktQ/C0000Nwb9ONdEzxc

Edited by der Berliner

He has been at Rangers since January after playing a couple trial games last July.

He is a 2000 therefore U17 and will be U18 next season, although so far his games have been limited to U16's as an over age player.

I have reported on some of these games including last night's against Motherwell.

https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2017...se-with-a-win/

Rangers eye double Motherwell raid as Louis Moult emerges as target alongside Ben Heneghan

SunSport understands Pedro Caixinha is keen on a double deal for the 17-goal star and team-mate Ben Heneghan