The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

good to see they have no idea what goes on at ibrox. Think 10-15 scouts have been added to the roster. Notice the piece is lacking in any sort of facts. No number of our scouts against another team etc no comparison of structure or anything remotely approaching such. Just another ill informed opinion masquerading as investigative sports journalism. Bet any money the guy who wrote this couldn't tell us the first thing about our scouting network or structure. Gets his stories from online forums me thinks.

The club should be communicating things like this better to the support mind you. Obviously our scouting network still needs work but ill informed articles lacking in any factual basis don't help anyone.

How do you know this? Its reassuring if true, but I would have thought this is something the club would have released a statement about if there were so many added...... On the flip side, I would have rather they got the DoF in first to structure this scouting department, somebody with actual knowledge of a working scouting setup

Not saying you're making it up or anything, just interested to know how you know, sad as it is, I'm quite excited to know they are actually hiring scouts... :celebrate:

Edited by lenny3k

How do you know this? Its reassuring if true, but I would have thought this is something the club would have released a statement about if there were so many added...... On the flip side, I would have rather they got the DoF in first to structure this scouting department, somebody with actual knowledge of a working scouting setup

Not saying you're making it up or anything, just interested to know how you know, sad as it is, I'm quite excited to know they are actually hiring scouts... :celebrate:

Think the only time the club has mentioned it publicly was in a RTV interview of Mullholland. It's a disgrace we have not told the fans more.

Methinks at the time Mulholand spoke of youth scouts in Scotland, did he not?

BTW, ...

PEDRO CAIXINHA has hinted that some of Rangers’ summer signings could come from markets he has worked in previously.

The Ibrox boss has gained coaching and managerial experience from spells in Portugal, Greece, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and Qatar and insists his knowledge of players from these countries could prove beneficial as he attempts to bolster the Light Blues squad in the next few months.

Speaking at today’s pre-match press conference at Auchenhowie, he said: “When you are in football you need to know all the markets and I have the experience to know several markets.

“I also have the experience that when you know players by watching videos or watching them playing one football match or two football matches, it’s okay but for me it’s not enough. So I think you need to know them on a regular basis.

“I have other players that I have had a look at for one season or two seasons and I know that they can give me seven, eight (out of 10) and not one 10 and then after that a four. That’s what we are really looking for.”

... from last week's interview.

I would assume that PC has a far wider knowledge of players as MW, who in turn brought in what was required to get instant promotion. Likewise, PC will know people (i.e. agents and scouts) from his previous jobs too.

Methinks at the time Mulholand spoke of youth scouts in Scotland, did he not?

BTW, ...

... from last week's interview.

I would assume that PC has a far wider knowledge of players as MW, who in turn brought in what was required to get instant promotion. Likewise, PC will know people (i.e. agents and scouts) from his previous jobs too.

What other scouts do you expect? Very few teams have teams of scouts looking for senior players that's what the network of contacts are for. Usually 1-2 senior scouts who watch teams is enough. Scouts are predominately for youth football.

What other scouts do you expect? Very few teams have teams of scouts looking for senior players that's what the network of contacts are for. Usually 1-2 senior scouts who watch teams is enough. Scouts are predominately for youth football.

Depends on how strict you define "scout". People essentially doing it for a living (or something close to that), or people simply keeping their eyes open, e.g. former players like Lövenkrands, Albertz or the like (all plugged out of fresh air).

Edited by der Berliner

"Rangers defender Clint Hill will be released at the end of the season as manager Pedro Caixinha's plans major changes at Ibrox.

Hill, who has made 31 appearances for the Scottish Premiership club this season, was informed by Caixinha of the decision on Tuesday morning and now intends to find a new club to extend his career.

The 38-year-old is best known for a six-year stint at QPR in which he helped the club win promotion to the Premier League and has also played for Tranmere, Oldham, Stoke City, Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4488530/Rangers-defender-Clint-Hill-released.html#ixzz4ganmpab5

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Rangers defender Clint Hill will be released at the end of the season as manager Pedro Caixinha's plans major changes at Ibrox.

Hill, who has made 31 appearances for the Scottish Premiership club this season, was informed by Caixinha of the decision on Tuesday morning and now intends to find a new club to extend his career.

The 38-year-old is best known for a six-year stint at QPR in which he helped the club win promotion to the Premier League and has also played for Tranmere, Oldham, Stoke City, Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4488530/Rangers-defender-Clint-Hill-released.html#ixzz4ganmpab5

Think the only way he would have decided this would be if he had a pretty definite replacement lined up...

Not really a surprise, if true, but Hill did well for us. Was certainly the best of our defenders and provided leadership skills at a time when the team is desperately short of these. Will always be remembered for his goal against them! PC obviously has other CB's in mind to replace Hill and the leadership qualities.

Depends on how strict you define "scout". People essentially doing it for a living (or something close to that), or people simply keeping their eyes open, e.g. former players like Lövenkrands, Albertz or the like (all plugged out of fresh air).

We are talking about people employed by the club. We have the same network as we always had. What we lost was the employed scouts, those people who work exclusively for the club.