The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Alves has all the right experience but seems to get sent off at least once a season in recent times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Alves

Nonetheless he should have a couple of seasons in him at our level and might be just the leader we need.

Cagliari Calcio are doing reasonably well for a promoted team in Serie a, sitting 12th of 20; but they are losing more or less 2 goals a game and have the third worst goals against record in the league. No way of knowing how Alves has performed in those stats but he appears to have played 90 minutes in every game.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/brun.../spieler/13121

Edited by BrahimHemdani

This just sums up our present support , that they would welcome this wee judas rat bastard back with open arms says it all really , is it any surprise we keep getting butt fucked by owner after owner , is it any wonder other fans say we deserve everything we get .

What to me sums up our support is those that want a useless player like Lafferty back. Steven Naismith was a very decent EPL player not long ago and is a genuine talent. Let's be frank, our squad is absolutely shit. Naismith is so far above anything we currently have.

What to me sums up our support is those that want a useless player like Lafferty back. Steven Naismith was a very decent EPL player not long ago and is a genuine talent. Let's be frank, our squad is absolutely shit. Naismith is so far above anything we currently have.

Is naismith the player he was ? Hasn't exactly set the heather alight at Norwich.

I dont think Ive read anyone saying they want Lafferty back.

Naismith is on the wind down. Putting his history aside he would only give us a good year tops.

Graham Dorrans is ready to join Rangers, but Barrie McKay could be heading for the exit door

Written by Danny Stewart, 07 May 2017

GRAHAM DORRANS is ready to sign up to become part of Pedro Caixinha’s revolution – as Barrie McKay edges closer to the exit door.

Scotland cap Dorrans, 30, has been targeted by Rangers as a summer transfer. And sources close to the player indicate he is more than open to returning home to join the club he supported as a boy.

A deal would have to be worked out with Norwich City as he is under contract until the summer of 2019.

However, with the Canaries in a transitional period which saw seven players – including Scot Steven Whittaker – told they could leave in the summer, the Light Blues believe that should not present a problem.

In fact, he could team up with current club-mate Steven Naismith, as he is also been drawn to the attention of Pedro Caixinha as a player possessing the sort of feeling and passion for the club he is looking for.

“We’re looking for players with international experience,” said the Rangers mananger.

“That’s what this club is used to, and that’s what we are looking for in the core of the team.

“We need more muscle in our style of play, to explore the wide areas more, to have quicker and more aggressive players up front.

“We need a strong midfield definitely, and we also need to have really combative players at centre-half.

“I want the ones who really want to come. Those who are calling me all the time saying they want to be here with me.

“I want players to come here and become idols, I know what the fans want and what I want. I want those type of players at Ibrox.

“I’m not going to bring a single player who has doubts whether he wants to move here or not.

“We had one player who received a clear offer, and he started what I call an auction: ‘OK, but I have this offer and this offer and that offer . . .’

“Okay. Go. Enjoy your life. I wish you the best. Here is not going to be where you play.”

That very message could be getting delivered to Barrie McKay this week, with the winger due for a face-to-face discussion with the manager on his future.

He is still under contract for 12 months but could be sold on, with RB Leipzig among his admirers, after rejecting the club’s initial offer of a two-year extension.

“Barrie is a nice guy and a nice player. We are assessing him and next week we will have a final answer,” said Caixinha.

“I need to sit with him, I need to sit with the board and make one decision. It’s not a question of whether he wants to sign a new contract or not.

“If I felt that player or other players could stay with us then it is not a question of contract. If he says doesn’t want to stay, then that will be another matter.”

Rangers have meanwhile announced details of their pre-season plans.

“We will be back on June 5. It is official. No more leaks,” said the manager.

“We don’t have time to go away, so we will stay in Scotland from the 5th until the 29th.”

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/graham-dorrans-is-ready-to-join-rangers-but-barrie-mckay-could-be-heading-for-the-exit-door/

Celtic and Rangers spies join Croatian supermarket sweep but Ibrox men are off their trollies for scouting network flop

The Glasgow giants both have eyes on some of the finest youngsters at the Under-17 Euros, but Rangers remain sadly lacking when it comes to unearthing gems in the mud.

By Michael Gannon

There’s a few things you notice when kicking about Croatia at the Under-17 Euros – and not just the cheap beer, nice scenery and friendly folk.There’s some serious talent on show. That includes Scotland, by the way.

There are some proper players coming through in countries all over the continent.Only about five per cent of them will probably stay on the path and make the grade but there’s plenty of cream that will rise to the top.

A peak at the stands in every match and there is an army of guys scribbling into tattered notebooks or digging out fancy folders containing more pages than the War and Peace.

They are not journos either. They are scouts. Tons of them. There’s a huge posse from England but there are also platoons from Germany, Spain, Italy ... you name it.

Celtic’s top man is out here too, scooting around the country to catch as many games as possible.It has been so tight between kick-off times he must be tempted to hire a chopper.

But he’s here. That’s the point.Celtic have a top spy in the stands. The same can be said for Rangers.Their man is keeping tabs on the kids but further up the Ibrox club’s supply chain is breaking down.

The fact Rangers still don’t have a fully functioning scouting network up and running is frankly ridiculous.Pedro Caixinha said last week a proper spy operation wasn’t his main priority right now.

You can see his point. He’s got enough on his plate trying to sort out the mess left by Mark Warburton but the rest of the club should be getting on to this quick smart.

Remember this line?

“Scouting is a fundamental part of any club and it is a big thing Rangers have lacked. The scouting structure hasn’t been as thorough as it needs to be. It is something that over a period of time the club needs to put in place.”

That was Davie Weir almost THREE years ago.

It’s scandalous Rangers still haven’t got their act together and put a network in place. Scouting is a ground-zero building block for proper football clubs.It’s a fundamental in the modern game where English clubs are coughing up fortunes for kids whom they think might have the slightest whiff of ability.

These U17 championships are like a supermarket sweep for sides such as Southampton and Liverpool. They shift around the continent, piling down the aisles and filling their trollies.

Meanwhile, when it comes to unearthing stars for the first team, Gers have barely got a guy to hold a 5p placcy bag.The punters probably go along with Pedro and agree there are plenty of other things to get riled up about.

The dust is still settling from a couple of Old Firm gubbings and the gaffer is going to have to take a baseball bat to his squad.He has his own men in mind but it will be another quick fix. That’s not forward planning – it’s band-aid building.

Sure, Caixinha might be able to get on the blower and put a half-decent side together. But it’s a hit and miss hope rather than a strategy. It’s also expensive.Rangers need to be finding the gems in the rough, polishing them up while they do the business then punting them to the land of milk and honey.

Just like Celtic have been doing in recent years with the likes of Fraser Forster, Victor Wanyama, Virgil van Dijk and Gary Hooper.

There’s still no sign of the Ibrox director of football, the guy who is supposed to sort out of this structural mess.Gers need to get a shift on. Getting in the mix out here in Croatia is at least a start.

The best of the U17s out here will be picked up but when they progress up the age groups they start to drop off the Ibrox grid.The links are being made, the relationships with agents established, the hands of dads being shook. But there’s no point if they get ignored as they go up the ladder.

Football clubs are built on scouting networks but Rangers are still trying to constructed castles on shifting sand.

Yes, it’s not cheap, and when it comes to recruiting kids, there are no guarantees they will go on to become stars for the first team. But get it right and it is more than worth it in the long run.

Rangers don’t need to look far to see how it can turn a nifty profit from the youth brigade, with Billy Gilmour heading to Chelsea for a tidy sum.That one has popped up on their doorstep but the Ibrox club need to be casting the net far and wide.

While Gers might be enjoying the cheap Croatia beer, they will left be drowning their sorrows for years if they don’t get their spying act together.

good to see they have no idea what goes on at ibrox. Think 10-15 scouts have been added to the roster. Notice the piece is lacking in any sort of facts. No number of our scouts against another team etc no comparison of structure or anything remotely approaching such. Just another ill informed opinion masquerading as investigative sports journalism. Bet any money the guy who wrote this couldn't tell us the first thing about our scouting network or structure. Gets his stories from online forums me thinks.

The club should be communicating things like this better to the support mind you. Obviously our scouting network still needs work but ill informed articles lacking in any factual basis don't help anyone.

It continues to amaze me that useless pricks like Gannon actually get paid for churning out that sort of balls. Just arse wad.

i have long gone past the stage of amazement.

I have never had any doubts about why they peddle negative, ill-informed guff at the slightest hint of an opportunity.