The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

that was through choice. They had never missed a penny they were due not one.

So they helped the club in its hour of need, and gave up cash that they were due.

It's understandable to criticise the players for their comments after leaving but you shouldn't rewrite history by saying that they never missed a penny of their wages when they did.

If the point that you're trying to make is that the fact that they're claiming that club couldn't afford to pay them their wages whereas the club did fully pay them then I'd make 2 points about that:

1. They didn't give up wages because the club was able to fully pay them and all its other expenses.

2. The club initially under Green couldn't afford to have taken on all the players and continue to pay them at their full contractual pay. They may have not been involuntarily not paid up to that point, but would the club have been able to afford half a million a week going forward? I really don't think so.

Point 2 isn't to excuse them walking away but it's explain the financial reality. The club has been in the position where it couldn't pay everyone's wages.

What should have happened is that the club reached out to them all individually and they could have sat round a table and come up with some way forward that would have benefited the club and the player. It seems that neither side went out their way to do that so the blame has to go to the club as well as the players.

None of that is to excuse the Sevco/new club comments or the fact that they walked away but it seems that there was a certain amount of pushing away by the club.

So they helped the club in its hour of need, and gave up cash that they were due.

It's understandable to criticise the players for their comments after leaving but you shouldn't rewrite history by saying that they never missed a penny of their wages when they did.

If the point that you're trying to make is that the fact that they're claiming that club couldn't afford to pay them their wages whereas the club did fully pay them then I'd make 2 points about that:

1. They didn't give up wages because the club was able to fully pay them and all its other expenses.

2. The club initially under Green couldn't afford to have taken on all the players and continue to pay them at their full contractual pay. They may have not been involuntarily not paid up to that point, but would the club have been able to afford half a million a week going forward? I really don't think so.

Point 2 isn't to excuse them walking away but it's explain the financial reality. The club has been in the position where it couldn't pay everyone's wages.

What should have happened is that the club reached out to them all individually and they could have sat round a table and come up with some way forward that would have benefited the club and the player. It seems that neither side went out their way to do that so the blame has to go to the club as well as the players.

None of that is to excuse the Sevco/new club comments or the fact that they walked away but it seems that there was a certain amount of pushing away by the club.

They didn't lose a penny. They made a profit from the situation. The wages you allude to where deferred. As you said there is a massive difference from thinking something to knowing something. These players couldn't even wait long enough to know.

Edited by trublusince1982

Something to remember....a High signing on fee or wage, Does not make a top notch player. It CAN give an indication of the players quality, but no guarantee (Is there ever??)

IMHO, too much emphasis is put on a players monetary value, rather than his actual ability. Is Joe Garner a better player that Dumbell-eh??? One cost nearly £2m, the other £500k. One has scored 8 goals, the other 32.....

Were the wages/part wages not deferred, rather than relinquished completely?

I'm unclear on that and if they were deferred if they were ever paid the amounts.

I'm not sure when they would have been paid them as when the club was never in a position to do so pre-administration and presumably didn't do it post-administration.

Something to remember....a High signing on fee or wage, Does not make a top notch player. It CAN give an indication of the players quality, but no guarantee (Is there ever??)

IMHO, too much emphasis is put on a players monetary value, rather than his actual ability. Is Joe Garner a better player that Dumbell-eh??? One cost nearly £2m, the other £500k. One has scored 8 goals, the other 32.....

Ah, but we've seen that before. Who knows whether Garner will hit 25 next season and Dembele 10? I look at Tavernier and he seems to have lost all accuracy from any free kick he takes.

As for the Naismith debate ... I doubt we will come to any sort of agreement here. Maybe some day in the future someone will open up on the situation, but we are left with a fair bit conjecture from all factions concerned.

Ah, but we've seen that before. Who knows whether Garner will hit 25 next season and Dembele 10? I look at Tavernier and he seems to have lost all accuracy from any free kick he takes.

As for the Naismith debate ... I doubt we will come to any sort of agreement here. Maybe some day in the future someone will open up on the situation, but we are left with a fair bit conjecture from all factions concerned.

Based on this seasons performance, I very much doubt Garner will hit 25 goals next season....where ever he's playing.

As for Naismith, it is all just paper talk the now anyway. Until he (or anyone else) sings on the line, it is all just speculation. All we know is that JJ seemingly watched a Norwich game.

Based on this seasons performance, I very much doubt Garner will hit 25 goals next season....where ever he's playing.

As for Naismith, it is all just paper talk the now anyway. Until he (or anyone else) sings on the line, it is all just speculation. All we know is that JJ seemingly watched a Norwich game.

The rumour about Naismith going around is that he wants to move back to Scotland as his daughter is going to start school??, if true? and he wants to play in Scotland then Rangers would be the obvious choice, unless he fancies playing for the dark side where they could easily afford him!, speculation!

Dembele is apparently on over double what Garner is.

I'm unclear on that and if they were deferred if they were ever paid the amounts.

I'm not sure when they would have been paid them as when the club was never in a position to do so pre-administration and presumably didn't do it post-administration.

I don't know if they -the squad?- ever recouped their deferred salaries.

However, a postponement is far from a voluntary renunciation, if we wish to discuss the altruistic aspects of their characters