The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I get the feeling Whittaker was easily misled by Naismith, not sure on others thoughts. Naismith was certainly the more vocal and seemed to have a speech prepared.

5 years on and the ghosts come back to haunt - I hope Pedro comes out and categorically states neither are of interest.

I actually think Whittaker's statement is the worse of the two with the club has no history. Naismith stated clearly it was Sevco and Green where he had the problem with and in hindsight he actually got it right. The club wouldn't have got the money anyway it would have found it's way into big fingers back pocket. I however agree with uilliam that bringing back players seldom works and would prefer to look further. It would actually not surprise me if Naismith goes to the Tims.

Here's something to consider....

One of the most common defences for Garner's performances is that he didn't fit into MW's preferred style of play.....yet here we have a couple of players who have a decent track record, that some folk are jumping all over saying they would be great signings - what if they don't fit into PC's preferred playing style....what would be the point in bringing them in???

Has he gave off any clues yet to what his playing style is?

Has he gave off any clues yet to what his playing style is?

Perhaps we're not going to see a consistent style until he has a side with at least a sprinkling of players he brought in.

I get the feeling Whittaker was easily misled by Naismith, not sure on others thoughts. Naismith was certainly the more vocal and seemed to have a speech prepared.

5 years on and the ghosts come back to haunt - I hope Pedro comes out and categorically states neither are of interest.

Probably because Naismith is fairly intelligent - I don't get the same perception of Whittaker.

Naismith is a significant improvement on anything we currently have - would be a no-brainer.

Whilst I can at least understand the sentiment, those preferring 10-in-a-row over Naismith coming back are cutting noses off to spite faces IMHO.

Probably because Naismith is fairly intelligent - I don't get the same perception of Whittaker.

Naismith is a significant improvement on anything we currently have - would be a no-brainer.

Whilst I can at least understand the sentiment, those preferring 10-in-a-row over Naismith coming back are cutting noses off to spite faces IMHO.

If you think we will stop 10 in a row by resigning guys like Naismith your seriously kidding yourself on

Would happy swap Garner back to PNE for Stevie May plus cash back our way he is over his injury fit and ready to go and is a proven goal scorer in the league could get 20 a season something we don't have just now

That's not a bad idea - if PNE would agree to it

If you think we will stop 10 in a row by resigning guys like Naismith your seriously kidding yourself on

I'd tend to agree with you here. Naismith has hardly set the heather alight since he went to Norwich. Last I looked he was struggling to get in the starting XI. Maybe his best days are behind him ?

Lafferty has done little since he left in 2012 & not sure about Whittaker either because he hardly seemed to get a game for Norwich lately.

FWIW I think we need to be looking at players under25 with sell-on value