The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

But Dorrans isnt one of the players being released. Either he is part of Norwich plans or they can sense they will get fee for him.

Well,you know the media et al. Methinks we were linked with Dorrans before and now that JJ was there watching them, all sorts of rumours come back or appear about the Norwich folk.

It's alright to say we have to get players develope them and sell them on,but in the current situation if we want to succeed many of the players we get in will need some experience and be able to hit the ground running because at the moment players already brought in to develope are showing no progressive signs.
our 17 and 18 year olds are holding their own against under 21's. That's development. Christ we get beat badly by that lot and the whole club is f..k.d.

The youth side is doing well, we are seeing progression into the first team. Bates and beerman performed as well as Keirnan and hodson. That's fantastic for 17 year olds flung into the frying pan.

Disagree nobody has improved that's just not true . Foderingham is a far better keeper than he was and will bring a return. Tavernier has went from a bit part player to a first team regular and has became more defensively aware agian he will sell in my opinion for more than the £200k outlay. Holt has also became a better player adding defensive duties and a fantastic engine to his game, again a bit part player at hearts but now a regular for a team above them, he hopefully also would bring a return on the 70k. Rossiter if we sort his injury problem(a big if) will be worth more then 200k or so he cost if he can hold down games.

There has also been let downs no doubt about that but the measure in a recruitment sense will be whether the income from sales and throphies out weighs the expenditure. In my opinion we will recoup all the money on the Wigan players plus a profit. We will also make money on holt and maybe Halliday might fetch a small fee. Only huge financial loss that could affect it all is garner. The other mistakes where all down to MW. To make your biggest signings krancjar Barton was just stupidity. Everyone new Barton was a gamble and everyone also knew krancjar was unlikely to not get seriously injured. Our plan had to have the contingency that if the likely happened we had enough in the squad to carry their loss, we didn't . That's MW's fault nothing to do with development.

This summer will be an indication of whether our recruitment was successful or not. We got Europe which was the main goal laid down at the beginning of the season and I am pretty confident we will see income generated through sales which will be in the black.

Makes me feel sick just considering them coming back. There is not a league position low enough that would make me okay with their return. Someone said in our position we can't say no. I would say to that its when your down at your lowest your true character comes out.

I will never stand in Ibrox and accept that slap in the face,never in a million years will I sink that low to embrace people who left us for dead. Would rather watch ten in a row for that scum than become someone who depends on and celebrates people like that wearing our strip. I'm only one fan and could never stop it from happening but I can sure as hell make sure not a single penny of mine goes to those players.

That's a shame.

I was thinking about it today and I think you would be in a small minority.

The priority, for most supporters, is to get back on top.

Imo we really need to turn the page. Our club is evolving and we should be doing anything to keep up while in this process of change.

If Naismith et el wish to come back then as a support we should want the best for our team. If he is better than what we have, he should be considered.

It would do him well to issue a statement explaining that his comments over us being "a new club" were ill prepared advice from agents at the time. He now regrets them and understands that our club history continues after the unsavoury events of 2012/13.

Edited by cooponthewing

Imo we really need to turn the page. Our club is evolving and we should be doing anything to keep up while in this process of change.

If Naismith et el wish to come back then as a support we should want the best for our team. If he is better than what we have, he should be considered.

It would do him well to issue a statement explaining that his comments over us being "a new club" were ill prepared advice from agents at the time. He now regrets them and understands that our club history continues after the unsavoury events of 2012/13.

He didnt regret his comments when getting 50k a week at Everton and Norwich, only now when he comes back a bit closer to home. Any statement would be false just to get a contract.

Ive never been one to hold grudge and always thought people who wouldnt consider former Celtic players playing for Rangers were so far backwards, but Naismith crossed a line with his arrogance yet he sat and took a handsome wage while being in the treatment room for a year.

Other players like Edu and Davis showed dignity - they were in the exact same boat as Naismith yet they didnt need to do an interview.

He is one player who doesnt deserve to be in a Rangers shirt again especially to pick up a retirement wage.

After the bumpy period it wouldnt be long before he would start to show his cockiness again.

Playing wise - yes as a player he would improve us but still id rather take a punt on a new face.

The way I see it is I was a huge fan of Naismith and was gutted not only about him walking away but him & Whittakers' interview was nothing but a massive kick in the balls to Rangers fans! and for that reason I would not want to see either of them back at Ibrox, however if either of them did return they would get my backing as all Rangers players do, but it's still a no from me!.

Remind me just what was it he said that was so offensive? I honestly could not expect a Scotland player at his peak to willingly accept 4th division football. Lee Wallace was different - he had time on his side but the likes of McGregor and Naisy didn't.