The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Ruddy is a good keeper, wasn't so long ago he was linked with Arsenal and in Englands squad. Would be an instant improvement even though I quite like Foderingham.

Whittaker - footballer aside would improve the team but after 2012 Im not sure he would be accepted. Full back is certainly an area we need to add and it could allow Tav to be converted to a winger.

There is talk that Norwich are willing to mutually terminate some contracts if they don't get promoted.

So now that Norwich chances of being promoted are at an end presumably there might be some activity but in saying that I don't get why Norwich would be in trouble with parachute payments continuing for another 2 years though I believe the sum is less each succeeding year. And perhaps Norwich have already decided they aren't going to get out of this league anytime soon and are cutting their cloth accordingly ahead of time before the hammer falls and parachute payments become a distant memory.

Ruddy is a good keeper, wasn't so long ago he was linked with Arsenal and in Englands squad. Would be an instant improvement even though I quite like Foderingham.

Whittaker - footballer aside would improve the team but after 2012 Im not sure he would be accepted. Full back is certainly an area we need to add and it could allow Tav to be converted to a winger.

Whittaker was / is absolutely shite. He carried his Rangers career on a few lucky mazey goals.

For the most part, I remember Rangers players for the best things they did for us. There was sure that cool run by Whittaker against Lisbon, but in his case, what I remember of him were those two games against Malmö, where in the first he gave the ball away rather poorly and they scored at Ibrox. Then, he went on about us being good enough to turn it all around in the Rangers News, only to get himself send off within 30 mins or so, leaving us with a mountain to climb.

Anyway, we sure will have to wait and see what will be made of it. While speculation is ripe, not least in the media, I would assume no-one really has a clue which player is on PC's wishlist.

NB: We have not seen a single minute of play from Alnwick, so perhaps we wait till that happens. At this moment in time, the goalkeeping position is IMHO one of the least of concern.

Have any of the Norwich players been linked with a move to Rangers?, just wondering why all this is in Rangers chat?

The rumour for a while is that Naismith's kid is about to start school and he's keen to move back up the road.

And Lafferty has been flying kites for a few months about coming back.

Whittaker, I'm not sure.

There was also a rumour that one of the first tasks for Jonatan Johanson was to watch Norwich play a couple of weeks ago.

EDDIE HOWE has*told Rangers they have no chance*of landing Emerson Hyndman on a new deal.

The American kid has impressed since his January loan move to Ibrox, picking up the club’s Young Player of the Year gong.

But Howe has issued a hands-off warning to the Old Firm and insists the 20-year-old’s future lies at the Vitality stadium.

And the Cherries boss has also backed fellow midfielder Lewis Cook to be a huge success for the Premier League side.

He told the Daily Echo:*“You don’t invest in young players to then move them on very quickly. That defeats the object of our model.

“We look to bring in young and talented players and develop them and make them better. That is a long-term process.“We are delighted with the progress Emerson and Lewis are making.“It is great to see Emerson doing so well on loan with Rangers and Lewis has performed excellently since being given his opportunity.“They are outstanding young players and that hasn’t changed from the day we brought them in.”

Hyndman told last month how he is ready to fight for a first-team place at Bournemouth next season.

Hyndman – who has hit four goals in 17 appearances for Gers – said:*“That was the goal when I came here, to get playing time and find my form and earn experience to help me in England.“I know Bournemouth has been keeping tabs on me and I feel good about competing for next season.

“I was really excited to make this move to Rangers because it came at a good time.“I needed games, and it’s such a big club as well. It was really exciting to have the opportunity to play in pressure situations in front of big crowds.“When I heard bout the Rangers interest it really excited me.“The manager told me I deserved games at some point in the season, so when that opportunity came I jumped to grab it.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/951853/bournemouth-eddie-howe-emerson-hyndman-future-rangers-celtic-old-firm/

Have any of the Norwich players been linked with a move to Rangers?, just wondering why all this is in Rangers chat?

Graham Dorrans ... is supposedly one of our main targets. As of today ...

Rangers keen on Norwich City midfielder Graham Dorrans as Canaries prepare for mass exodus

Rangers are looking to build a significant challenge to Celtic next season

They are interested in Graham Dorrans, who has six goals in 22 league games

Norwich City are set for an exodus with several players out of contract

Rangers are keen on Norwich City midfielder Graham Dorrans as they look to build a significant challenge to Celtic next season.

Pedro Caixinha's men are set to finish third in the Scottish Premier League while Celtic are unbeaten and champions, and beat Rangers 5-1 in the OId Firm Derby last week.

They are interested in signing Dorrans, who has scored six times in 22 Championship games in a season which has seen him struggle with a muscle injury.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4467664/Rangers-keen-Norwich-City-midfielder-Graham-Dorrans.html#ixzz4g0HbSEBa