The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

This just sums up our present support , that they would welcome this wee judas rat bastard back with open arms says it all really , is it any surprise we keep getting butt fucked by owner after owner , is it any wonder other fans say we deserve everything we get .

Here's something to consider....

One of the most common defences for Garner's performances is that he didn't fit into MW's preferred style of play.....yet here we have a couple of players who have a decent track record, that some folk are jumping all over saying they would be great signings - what if they don't fit into PC's preferred playing style....what would be the point in bringing them in???

Here's something to consider....

One of the most common defences for Garner's performances is that he didn't fit into MW's preferred style of play.....yet here we have a couple of players who have a decent track record, that some folk are jumping all over saying they would be great signings - what if they don't fit into PC's preferred playing style....what would be the point in bringing them in???

But PC should only sign players who he thinks/knows can fit into his style!, why would he sign players who can't?

Just what is the PC style , i woukld have thought that after the two nil cup drubbing we would have seen some kind of cunning plan to at least salvage a draw in the humiliation game but no his tacticts seem to have been worse .

Just what is the PC style , i woukld have thought that after the two nil cup drubbing we would have seen some kind of cunning plan to at least salvage a draw in the humiliation game but no his tacticts seem to have been worse .

If the players bottle it then there is nothing any tactics would change, that was the most glaring thing to me!

I'm posting with a certain amount of knowledge about what was going on inside Ibrox at the time and have to say straight off that I don't blame any player who refused to TUPE over to Green.

Green had left the players wondering what was going on. They had no idea whether they had a job or what wages they'd be on. That's why the players union got involved in the first place.

Then big hauns comes out in the press saying the squad were his slaves and wouldn't be going anywhere - he still hadn't exchanged a word with the players when he did that. He was too busy scuttling about looking for somebody with money to lend him some to make the first months wages.

Yes it's unfortunate that Naismith and Whittaker said at their conference about a new club but I don't think they understood how that phrase would come to be taken. I have no problem with "new club", after all it was a revolution and we were starting over. I do however have a problem when it's being taken literally and folk start talking about wiping out our history.

In my opinion Naismith is a terrific player and I'd welcome him back.

I can see how others may take an opposite view though.

Are people complaining about loyalty from professional footballers, really? Look, forget about that, for 99% of players it's a job, first and foremost, it's the way they make a living and they approach it it in that way. You know what that's how clubs approach it too, once a player is past his usefulness don't expect loyalty. Frankly most supporters are like that too. If a player has five good seasons and then one poor one a fairly high percentage of supporters want that player dropped and shipped out. Loyalty?

Naismith (and Whittaker) was badly advised. His press conference was a mistake, (although reading his comments again his view of green was on the money). It hurt because he was a supporter and a talismanic player, he as much as anyone in the team at the time, could win us matches, produce that wee bit of magic every side needs. Plus he was a leader in the dressing room. He, along with Davis and McGregor, represented the players when deferring salaries and ensuring non-playing staff were treated well. Naismith leaving hurt.

But loyalty? Kenny Miller has left Rangers twice and had a stint playing for Celtic, yet there's a clamour to give him a new contract. Loyalty?

What kind of lives do you people lead? Have you never made a mistake, ever? Has someone close to you not made a mistake and apologised later? Did you refuse their apology and never speak to them again?

If Naismith wants to come back, if our manager at the time wants him and if the club can afford him it would be insane not to sign him. In the grand scheme of people who have treated Rangers badly in recent years Naismith is far down the list. It would be just another example of a support intent on self-harm if he didn't sign because of some insane Albanian blood-fued bollocks.

while I can Naismith comments may of been badly worded by him,

Whittakers saying "“We owe no loyalty to the new club. There is no history there for us.” is a little harder to swallow.

in particular as it was him who got sent off after 18mons against malmo that dropped us in it!