The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Roger Federer! We forgot about him. They have many a good ski merchant too iirc? The days of "Ski Sunday" showcased the many talents of those magical Swiss slalom wizards....

The Cresta Run.

(Heavy Brit involvement, right enough, but nonetheless....)

Back to the theme of the thread: Allegedly, we are interested in Motherwell's Ben Heneghan? Considering Motherwell have conceded more shots than anyone else this season it doesn't look too good, but that doesn't mean to say this guy is the problem; also, having Jaap Stam -- one of the best defenders in the game -- interested suggests he has something about him?

Pinch of salt?

Rangers are one of at least three clubs interested in signing Motherwell centre-half Ben Heneghan, according to Sky sources.

The defender only has one year left on his contract and is expected to leave Fir Park, with Motherwell fighting to stay in the Scottish Premiership.

We understand Reading - who could be playing Premier League football next season - have also made initial enquiries, as well as Cardiff.

The 23-year-old featured among the youth ranks at Everton and Stoke before signing for Chester.

He joined Motherwell on a two-year deal in the summer of 2016 and made his debut against Rangers in the group stages of the Betfred Cup.

Heneghan has made 40 appearances for the Fir Park side, who are 11th in the Premiership, which is the relegation play-off spot. They are four points clear of bottom side Inverness and level on points with Hamilton.

Sky sources also understand that defenders Clint Hill and Philippe Senderos will leave Rangers at the end of the season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11796/10871675/ben-heneghan-wanted-by-rangers-reading-and-cardiff-sky-sources

Edited by Rousseau

Back to the theme of the thread: Allegedly, we are interested in Motherwell's Ben Heneghan? Considering Motherwell have conceded more shots than anyone else this season it doesn't look too good, but that doesn't mean to say this guy is the problem; also, having Jaap Stam -- one of the best defenders in the game -- interested suggests he has something about him?

Pinch of salt?

I am inclined to ignore -completely- reports of transfer targets who appear to be players in whom we may have been interested, if our Manager was not a Portuguese intellectual with only a handful of games in Scotland under his mortar board.

I stand to be corrected, of course, but it seems to me that the football media speculate, ironically firing blanks to avoid, well, blanks, the latter anathema in their world.

It is the journalistic equivalent of talking for talking's sake.

From our homepage:

“It’s always important playing for Rangers, even if you are not playing for a particular trophy. It is important to perform in the best possible way.

“We have already assessed the squad and we know what we are working with regarding the near future, which is just around the corner. In three weeks’ time we are returning again to start a new season, to start a new cycle and to start a new era. It is really important for us to keep the competitive side for these last three matches.’’

Caixinha revealed three players have already been told they have no future with the club beyond the summer and others are also set to leave.

One thing is for sure though – he is determined to ensure further decisions are communicated in the correct manner. ‘’I have already met with three players,’’ he said ‘’and already they know their situation for next season.

“They are not going to continue with us. For me, it is important that they learn this from me and the others will also be announced in the correct manner.

“It seems some things reach the newspapers, so we need to be sealed and we need to understand the information we have inside stays inside. It is something we are working on, a club this size cannot have these leaks.’’

The work to recruit new players is also continuing at pace, with Caixinha revealing talks have opened with a number of potential summer signings.

He added: “We are dealing and negotiating with players. We already have some of the players that are out of competition and are already on vacation.

“One important thing is all of those players are really keen to come and play for Rangers. It is not a question of them seeing what happens if maybe they have other options.

“All of them want to come and I know them as well. I appreciate all the efforts and work these players are doing to come here to us. So it is a question of getting the deals done and then making the announcements.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/every-game-counts/

He added: “We are dealing and negotiating with players. We already have some of the players that are out of competition and are already on vacation.

Would that indicate that we already have new players lined up???