The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I think Moult would be a good option in the squad but I guess it depends on the system the manager wants to play.

I also suspect we'd have to move at least one - if not two - of Waghorn, Garner and MOH first.

Moult is just Garner with a regular goal threat, or at least he is against us. So if Garner doesnt fit our style of play, Moult wont either. But if he does, then he will be a much cheaper and more productive option IF we could get our money back for Garner. I was very impressed by Moult this season against us, but that must be gauged against how poor our defence has been.

I think if we're signing Nicholson and/or Walker from Hearts then Moult and Garner would be preferred over Waghorn.

Like I say it will all depend on what system we're playing but Moult would be worth a punt as he's cheap and seems effective enough. My 'Well supporting mate says he's downed tools recently so it seems he will be moving on.

Rangers eye double Motherwell raid as Louis Moult emerges as target alongside Ben Heneghan

SunSport understands Pedro Caixinha is keen on a double deal for the 17-goal star and team-mate Ben Heneghan

Moult is 24, Heneghan 23, and both have contracts till summer 2018. They should be lucky to get 400k for the pair ...

yeah I agree, iv never heard of Heneghan.

I would take a punt on Moult if the price was right though, he seems to have settled in to the SPL well over the last couple of years, always high on the scoring charts, it just if he would be able to adapt to playing in a bigger team and probably have to get rid of a couple of our current strikers.

Does he know who Hardie is?

I would assume he knows our staff inside out by now, but to see them in action and / or training is something else.

FWIIW, Hardie always looked a bit like Lafferty to me, style-wise. But he has sure shown that he can finish if a chance is presented to him. 12 goals in 40 games (average 55 mins per game) at a rather mediocre club at the age of 20 ain't too bad. And ... he's a centre forward, not some utility attacker.

Edited by der Berliner