The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Sumaila has played 6 games for Ghana since 2011. Not sure when his last one was, but I don't think it was recently. As much as his youtube compiliations might whet the appetite of some, I think we would struggle to get him a work permit.

I'm filing this one under "highly speculative"

Apparently Pedro is his Godfather - so there is always going to be speculation.

Apparently Pedro is his Godfather - so there is always going to be speculation.

Off topic.......

I heard he fought the bulls "bare handed"! Also that the bulls waited on him coming out the pen. Many just couldn't face the fight and were last seen legging it to the nearest meat market as they couldn't live with the shame?

No messing, Portugal style!!

Rangers Transfer News: Pedro Caixinha confirms plans to poach Aberdeen star and Alves

RANGERS manager Pedro Caixinha has confirmed he is keen to sign Aberdeen captain Ryan Jack.

By Michael Baillie

PUBLISHED: 22:11, Mon, May 15, 2017 | UPDATED: 22:30, Mon, May 15, 2017

When reports emerged last month that Rangers were monitoring Jack, Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes was furious.But since then it has emerged that MLS outfit Columbus Crew are keen to take the 25-year-old to the United States.

Jack is out of contract at Pittodrie in the summer and he has given no indication that he wants to stay.Caixinha is striving to strengthen his squad ahead of next season and believes Jack could provide the defensive midfield cover his side currently lacks.

The Portuguese said: “I assess a lot of Scottish players, at least those who play against us.

“Jack has not played for the last two matches – if I am not wrong – and maybe he won’t play against us on Wednesday. But because of his age, his quality and what he has done in the last two seasons, he is a player I like.*

“There are maybe six or seven more like Jack that we assessed.“He is a good player. Young and Scottish.“I like his consistency, although he has missed a few games recently. I like his leadership as captain at a young age.

“I like the way he sees the game and gives the out ball in the build-up. He gives a balance to the team when it’s attacking.”

Caixinha is also impressed by Jack’s physical presence in midfield.

“He has aggression, especially at moments when you need balance,” said the Rangers manager. “Players can be released in attack when they know others are giving them cover. We have struggled with that, definitely.“For example, the last goal we conceded against Hearts came from a poor line of cover.”

Caixinha also wants Portuguese Euro 2016 winner Bruno Alves, who admitted he was flattered to be linked with the Ibrox outfit.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/804965/Rangers-news-transfers-Ryan-Jack-Aberdeen-Pedro-Caixinha-latest-Scottish-gossip

Edited by ian1964

Rangers Transfer News: Pedro Caixinha confirms plans to poach Aberdeen star and Alves

RANGERS manager Pedro Caixinha has confirmed he is keen to sign Aberdeen captain Ryan Jack.

By Michael Baillie

PUBLISHED: 22:11, Mon, May 15, 2017 | UPDATED: 22:30, Mon, May 15, 2017

When reports emerged last month that Rangers were monitoring Jack, Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes was furious.But since then it has emerged that MLS outfit Columbus Crew are keen to take the 25-year-old to the United States.

Jack is out of contract at Pittodrie in the summer and he has given no indication that he wants to stay.Caixinha is striving to strengthen his squad ahead of next season and believes Jack could provide the defensive midfield cover his side currently lacks.

The Portuguese said: “I assess a lot of Scottish players, at least those who play against us.

“Jack has not played for the last two matches – if I am not wrong – and maybe he won’t play against us on Wednesday. But because of his age, his quality and what he has done in the last two seasons, he is a player I like.*

“There are maybe six or seven more like Jack that we assessed.“He is a good player. Young and Scottish.“I like his consistency, although he has missed a few games recently. I like his leadership as captain at a young age.

“I like the way he sees the game and gives the out ball in the build-up. He gives a balance to the team when it’s attacking.”

Caixinha is also impressed by Jack’s physical presence in midfield.

“He has aggression, especially at moments when you need balance,” said the Rangers manager. “Players can be released in attack when they know others are giving them cover. We have struggled with that, definitely.“For example, the last goal we conceded against Hearts came from a poor line of cover.”

Caixinha also wants Portuguese Euro 2016 winner Bruno Alves, who admitted he was flattered to be linked with the Ibrox outfit.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/804965/Rangers-news-transfers-Ryan-Jack-Aberdeen-Pedro-Caixinha-latest-Scottish-gossip

Think Jack would be better than anything we have and can still improve as a player. Wish Pedro would not talk about targets until they were signed. Says too much to the press for my liking

Ibrox Noise went one better even before PC's quotes in the papers above:

Rangers complete first midfield summer signing; reports

Unconfirmed reports circulating around Ibrox claim new manager Pedro Caixinha has finally completed his first signing, a three year deal for Aberdeen’s Ryan Jack, it is said.

The 25 year old midfielder has been on Rangers’ radar for some time, and has been an integral part of the Dons’ side which has sweeped its way to second place in the SPL, while performing impressively against Rangers along the way.

The Scotland youth international (who has played for his country at various youth ranks) has impressed enough of late to receive senior international call ups, and Rangers fans have been mostly positive about the player ever since he was linked to Ibrox some months ago.

Rangers desperately need quality in midfield, and the (ex?) Aberdeen central playmaker on a pre-contract would be a step in the direction many fans want. But at this stage it remains unconfirmed so no one get too excited just yet…

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2017/05/rangers-complete-first-midfield-summer.html

cwoodloyal of FF said this toay:

Was told recently 5 top first team players complimented by 4 good squad players to be signed this summer.

Think Jack would be better than anything we have and can still improve as a player. Wish Pedro would not talk about targets until they were signed. Says too much to the press for my liking

PC is excellent with the press and is managing them from what I can tell. He is far smarter in his manipulation of the press than you give him credit for. ;-)

If the news about Jack is true, there is no way it would be announced 'officially' before the end of the season.. Think of the reaction of the Aberdeen fans towards Mr. Jack and the club if their captain and one of their best players had agreed a move, for free, to their favourite team to hate... In my oppinion, If the signing has been made, it won't be announced until after the cup final