The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Perhaps that may be so but we're not playing against Barcelona or Juventus next season. Our biggest challenge will be to start scoring a lot more goals for starters

And start defending, And buy a midfield. And maybe sign a winger who can get the ball past the first defender. And ...........

Rab, it's probably that tonight I'm a glass half empty guy. Tomorrow it will no doubt change. :rfc:

It leaves Alves facing a hectic schedule over the summer but the capture of the former Porto, Zenit and Fenerbahce star will be a major boost for Caixinha ahead of a crucial few weeks on and off the park.

Would prefer he wasn't doing all that but let's look on the bright side. Barring injury he will arrive match fit and sharp after facing international class competition.

Bruno Alves - Carlos Pena - Ryan Jack - Graham Dorrans - Eduardo Herrera, looking good if we can get these signings complete!

Agreed, full half an outfield right there putting steel into our defence and midfield plus a forward thrown in and we still have Rossiter and Niko to come in which also will be like two new players. Get all this stuff over the line and we're going to be up there challenging. They may still have an edge on us but we only need to be good enough to flatten the rest of the dross to be challenging.

They weren't so good against us last season we were simply not turning up in most of the games. Beat the rest and it closes the gap to games between them and us. Add to that the fact I don't see them getting so lucky this season and will drop points here and there and it's a whole different race.

Bruno Alves on the way for Pedro Caixinha*as Rangers secure deal for Portugal star pending medical*

Cagliari centre-back Alves has been Caixinha’s leading target this summer*

Rangers will pay a nominal fee to release him from the final year of his contract

A medical still has to take place before a switch from the Serie A club is finalised*

Rangers have tied up a deal for defender Bruno Alves as Pedro Caixinha kickstarts his summer overhaul.

The 35-year-old centre-back has been Caixinha’s leading target to add experience and aggression to the Ibrox defence.

Sources in Portugal have now revealed Rangers will pay a nominal fee to release him from the final 12 months of his contract with Cagliari after Alves made it clear he wanted to move to Scotland.

A medical still has to take place before a switch from the Serie A club is finalised, but the main financial aspects of the agreement are understood to be in place.

Alves will not, however, join Rangers pre-season training when it starts next Monday as the Euro 2016 winner is part of the Portugal squad for the forthcoming Confederations Cup.

He is scheduled to meet up with his national team ahead of a friendly with Cyprus on Saturday and a World Cup qualifier against Latvia on June 9.

Portugal then head to Russia for the start of the Confederations Cup eight days later, with group games against the hosts, Mexico and New Zealand.

Should Fernando Santos’ side reach the final, Alves could be on international duty until July 2, ruling him out of Rangers’ first Europa League qualifier.

Caixinha is eyeing more Portuguese targets, including Vitoria Setubal centre-back Fabio Cardoso – also being tracked by Wolves - and Benfica fringe players Daniel Candeias and Dalcio.

The Ibrox boss will learn later this week whether he has a chance of landing winger Candeias, currently on loan at Turkish side Alanyaspor. They have until tomorrow evening to exercise an option to turn the deal into a permanent move, otherwise Benfica will place him back on the market.

Having previously worked with Caixinha at Nacional, Candeias is understood to be open to the idea of joining Rangers.

The Ibrox outfit could also confirm the signing of out-of-contract Aberdeen midfielder Ryan Jack in the coming days and remain in talks over a deal for Mexico international Carlos Pena.

Norwich City’s Graham Dorrans is a further midfield target, with the Scotland cap thought to be interested in returning north of the border.

However, it is understood his English Championship employers are seeking a deal worth at least £1.5million before letting him go.*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4553470/Rangers-secure-deal-Bruno-Alves-pending-medical.html#ixzz4iVpUpkfu

Rangers legend Richard Gough believes Graham Dorrans would be perfect signing for the Ibrox side

Gough handed the midfielder his senior debut as Livingston boss back in 2005 and is in no doubt of his potential to become a Gers star

RICHARD GOUGH believes that Graham Dorrans is exactly the kind of player Rangers should be targeting.

As SunSport exclusively revealed, the Scotland midfielder is wanted by new boss Pedro Caixinha.

Dorrans, 30, is high on his list of British-based players, with talks between Rangers and Norwich now under way.

Dorrans has two years of his current contract still to run but he will leave Carrow Road this summer.

Rangers legend Gough handed Dorrans his senior debut as Livingston boss back in 2005 and is in no doubt of his potential to become a Gers star.

Gough said: “He’s exactly the kind of player Rangers should be looking for.“It’s widely accepted that the club needs better players. They need guys who will lift the team and improve on what is there.“If he’s a Rangers supporter then that helps, too.“I really hope Pedro gets him, I think it would be a great move for everyone.

“He could become a very important player for the club next season.”

Dorrans was just 16 when Gough and his Livi No2 Archie Knox handed him his debut against Kilmarnock, having spotted his potential in a reserve match against Celtic a week earlier.

Gough recalled: “I remember Graham as a very young lad at Livingston. We had such a young team and he was a real stand-out among a really talented crop.“Graham was a great player, you could see the potential.“We left the club at the end of that season, but we gave him his debut, against Kilmarnock I think it was.

“I remember putting him in at the end of the campaign. We were watching the reserves and he scored a couple of goals against Celtic.

“I said to Archie Knox, who was my assistant at the time, ‘We’ve got to get him in the team’.“He was better than anything we had. I think initially Archie was a wee bit worried because he was only 16, but we took the decision to put him in and I don’t think he looked back.“He was always going to be a really good player.”

Dorrans is one of several players to be linked with Rangers this summer.

Motherwell’s Louis Moult and Aberdeen’s Kenny McLean are also on the radar, while former Dons skipper Ryan Jack will finally complete his move within 48 hours.

Caixinha aims to strike a balance between British players and those he hopes to bring in from abroad.

And it’s understood Rangers are closing in on a work permit for Mexican midfielder Carlos Pena.Pena, 27, has agreed to sign for Gers, with the Ibrox side also reaching an agreement with his current club Chivas.

Red tape had threatened to scupper the deal, because Pena hasn’t played enough games for Mexico.Rangers need dispensation from the UK Border Agency and the SFA and it’s understood that’s almost been granted.However, it’s unlikely that Pena, who is on loan at Leon in his homeland, will arrive in Glasgow until next week.

Jack, though, WILL be paraded as a Gers player in the next 48 hours.

The former Aberdeen captain will have a medical before becoming one of Caixinha’s first signings as manager.

The 47-year-old is back in Portugal ahead of a coaching course refresher, but he is also holding face-to-face talks with a number of signing targets.

As SunSport revealed, Benfica duo Daniel Candeias and Dalcio feature prominently on his wish list, as does defender Fabio Cardoso.

The Portuguese defender would cost Rangers around £1.2m and tentative talks with his representatives have begun.

Gers, though, face competition for his signature, with Spanish side Malaga and English Championship outfit Wolves also keeping tabs on the 23-year-old.

Rangers have also been linked with Mexico striker Eduardo Herrera and right-back Javier Abella, as well as Setubal defender Federico Venancio.

Caixinha is keen to have several new signings on board ahead of the Rangers squad returning for pre-season training on June 5.

And Gough admitted: “There are so many names being linked with the club at the moment, it remains to be seen just how many will actually sign.“There’s always a large amount of speculation at this time of the year.

“But it’s probably more so this time around at Rangers because of the changes the manager needs to make.“He will be backed by the board, that’s for sure, and there’s no doubt the new manager needs new players.

“But with regards to Graham Dorrans, then there’s no doubt he would be a terrific signing for the club and I hope that happens.”

And start defending, And buy a midfield. And maybe sign a winger who can get the ball past the first defender

All of that appears to be exactly what they're doing. While Pedro is still somewhat of an unknown quantity I think we have to give him credit for knowing what's required every bit as much as we know it.

It's looking like back, middle and front are all going to be spruced up so to speak. And as I have said before I think what's happening providing it all comes to fruition could be good enough to leave the rest trailing in our wake.

And since I don't think the main opposition are very special either they can be taken providing we consistently beat the rest.

Edited by JFK-1

Bruno Alves - Carlos Pena - Ryan Jack - Graham Dorrans - Eduardo Herrera, looking good if we can get these signings complete!

Yup but im looking forward to read it officially from the club, its always reassuring once things are done.

It would be nice if Alves retired from international duty also