[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

It simply is what it is. Put us up against lesser teams in the league and we will look superior. Put them up against Barca and they will look inferior. At this stage they have better quality than us and absolutely no one is disputing that. Hopefully it's going to improve but in the meantime the manager can only work with what he has.

They're not so hot the competition in Scotland just isn't up to scratch. Yet still in the final quarter hour or so we were taking it to them and could even have got back into it with some better finishing. Just a few players can make a massive difference for us.

We were awful for 60mins but as Celtic tired/got slack, we had much more of the game after the second goal and could easily have had four goals.

I'm all for criticism but Tav was our best player by far and, as far as I'm concerned defended fine today and his tackle for the pen was timed perfectly. If you want to blame anyone for the goal then Wes should have swept up for me.

I thought Bates did fine as well for his Old Firm debut and Beerman grew into his game. Biggest criticism in the second half was that Miller and Waghorn did't score from three excellent chances and that's what cost us the chance of extra-time.

Our ill-luck in front of goals is killing my love for the game. On the other end, Wes gets a hand on the penalty and it still went in off the post. And that's just one of many occasions this season. I know people will tell us about our poor standard of finishing or the work of the defemce to thwart these chances, but even by the law of averages, our luck in front of goal this season is simply abysmal.

The Yahoos were up for this game and even at 100 %, our task was monumental. It proved to be and given the standard of our players, we did not fold as many predicted ... and might have thought after watching the first 20 mins.

You'd hope Dodoo and Windass start next week.

]I thought Tavernier was our best player' date=' today.[/b']

I don't mind slating our players, because they deserve it today; they didn't turn up. We all know we need an upgrade all over the park. However, these players are better than what they've shown today.

And that is damning him with faintest of faint praise.

The fact remains that he is poor defensively, as a rule, a foible related to lack of concentration/attention, and a rather child like, undisciplined desire to race up the park and score, or assist in a goal.

If I was to choose a word for today's misadventure, it would be BEREFT.....

Bereft of ideas, of style, of touch, of pace, of skill, of nous, of drive, of ability.....

and, thus, leaving the support almost bereft of hope.

Youre fucking right im angry----after that dross.Start playing after the games over ----fuck that.

And so are all of us. Yet, you can't get a locomotive to fly and likewise make our players better than what they are. Its sad, but the current reality.

Youre fucking right im angry----after that dross.Start playing after the games over ----fuck that.

None of us are happy about the game today but only you are becoming confrontational with people expressing their own views. We're all fans here. I would suggest just keeping it to yourself if you can't take part without veering into confrontational attitudes which change nothing.