[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

Go away.Im not in the mood to defend imcompotence.

Go away, i'm not in the mood to to defend posters becoming mindlessly confrontational with other posters none of whom incidentally have defended the performance today. And when you find more than one person requesting you go away you need to start listening.

I thought it was that Halliday has more energy to press, but he didn't bring any so we would've been better with Toral.

Apart from needing a touch too much, he was also less physical a player than most around him (body-strength wise), hence I asked for Tav in midfield and Hodson at right-back. Or even O'Halloran, who could also had been an outlet for a long ball out of defence.

We were effectively playing a 4-3-3 were we not (from the last 15 of the 1st half that I saw - only piece of the game I did see) - and with them playing 5 in midfield as a 4-2-3-1 that was always going to be difficult. They found acres of space in midfield from the 15 minute spell I saw because their midfield 5 gave them tons of width whilst our 3, if we tried to match that width, resulted in chasms through the middle.

They were first to the ball, held the ball better, used the ball better, tackled better, and even when pressed, found their man, more often than not. When we got the ball, we lost it in the tackle or mis-passed it; if we cleared it, it came straight back. I am not convinced that tactical shape means much when the very basics of the game elude the players.

I did not know what the team was trying to do; more importantly, for 70mins it seems neither did it. Perhaps the occasion got to the players. Perhaps PC called it wrong. All I can say is that nobody, really, got pass marks, so perhaps it is unfair to single out particular players.

However, I have to say that Mr Waghorn should perhaps leave for Hollywood where a part in the next swords and sandals epic surely awaits.

Personally, I should have started with McKay and Dodoo, but maybe a little hindsight is creeping in, and what, after all, do I know?

On a sidenote, when Gordon blocked Kenny's shot and it came through the two Yahoo defenders on the ground, touched about four hands on the way, ain't that a penalty?

Clearly hit Simunovic's hand. I think this was the point Miller was making to Collum that the handball prevented the ball coming back out to him. Can only presume Collum never saw it. Penalty every day of the week IMO

Go away, i'm not in the mood to to defend posters becoming mindlessly confrontational with other posters none of whom incidentally have defended the performance today. And when you find more than one person requesting you go away you need to start listening.

Telling you to "go away"isnt confrontational----its just what i want you to do.

Bates & Beerman did ok today and the experience will do them both good for the future, I thought the game was lost in midfield, our players can play much better than they did and that is the biggest disappointment for me!, however I thought C****c played well and deserved to win, we had a couple of chances late on but really they dominated the match.

We were embarrassing in the first half & their goal showed why we need to look at a defensive MF player.

Second half we got better as game went on but they got their penalty(I thought Tav played the ball) & we never got ours when Simunovic's handled

If anyone is looking for pass-marks, I'd point at Bates and Wilson, perhaps Holt too, as he was busy chasing anyone that came close to our area. Beerman did all he could and wasn't exactly overawed either. And that is judging them at the level that they are capable off.

They were first to the ball, held the ball better, used the ball better, tackled better, and even when pressed, found their man, more often than not. When we got the ball, we lost it in the tackle or mis-passed it; if we cleared it, it came straight back. I am not convinced that tactical shape means much when the very basics of the game elude the players.

I did not know what the team was trying to do; more importantly, for 70mins it seems neither did it. Perhaps the occasion got to the players. Perhaps PC called it wrong. All I can say is that nobody, really, got pass marks, so perhaps it is unfair to single out particular players.

However, I have to say that Mr Waghorn should perhaps leave for Hollywood where a part in the next swords and sandals epic surely awaits.

Personally, I should have started with McKay and Dodoo, but maybe a little hindsight is creeping in, and what, after all, do I know?

Perfectly summed up!