[FT] Celtic 2 - 0 Rangers

You say this every week, every week I tell you that it can't be down to luck time after time = it's poor play, poor finishing, poor decision making. Headers placed at the keeper rather than past him and into the net, same with shots. We weren't unlucky today - we were bloody lucky it was only 2

We could have stayed at Hampden all week and not scored.

It will matter for next week though!!Lets see if PC will change things.Its important that he takes performances like this on board.

Whether PC makes changes or not will be the most interesting and most important thing about today.

Finally, may I remind you all that today's miserable, abject performance has handed these primitive, perverted, and perfidious bastards a "Treble"?

Them winning a treble is the least of our worries.... If we don't find investment and direction soon we will have little to prevent them from future trebles for years to come.

The Portuguese was asked about his tactics for the game, prompting a detailed response, outlining what he had hoped his players would execute.

"We organised our defending in three ways. The first one was to try to place a high block - if you see they were trying to build from the back - they open the centre-halves and Scott (Brown) is always in the middle. We had three players down there," he explained.

"In the middle of the park what we were trying to get them to play the ball to (Mikael) Lustig, block it, block Brown who was making the triangle with the centre-halves, and with this block we could have space to explore after we regain possession.

Caixinha had hoped to pressure Celtic defender Mikael Lustig, but accepted his tactics failed

"We could not do it in this match because we were a little bit lower on the pitch. In the lower block, we were expecting not to allow them to divide the game.

"We just played wide when the spaces were inside. The idea was for our wingers to come inside and fill the space."

Despite seemingly thorough planning, Caixinha accepted his strategy had failed to work.

"The game-plan is one thing, what we put in practice was a totally different thing," he acknowledged.

"So it wasn't our day. We couldn't perform the way we prepared. We expected more from our players but we need to keep going."

I didn't see any evidence of a high block or a midfield block. We just seemed to stand back and admire their football in the first half. You cannot give players of that quality freedom to play their own brand of football and expect to get away with it.

We allowed Broonaldo to run the midfield for the first hour, after 30 minutes ra Sellik's possession was 81%. On the hour mark trailing 2-zip, we put Kenny Miller into the middle and he began running interference on Broonaldo's free reign. I do not think Halliday and Holt knew their starting positions. Why was Toral dropped to the bench?

My highlight of the game was Dembele's hamstring pinging.

As alluded to by another poster, BBC Radio Scotland had a breathtakingly objective half time panel. Richard Gordon, Tom English, Pat Bonner, and Chris McLaughlin. After telling us how super ra Sellik were, and how poor we were(all valid); they then spent several minutes wondering why Rangers had NOT been reduced to nine men by half time.

Pedro has plenty of food for thought before next Sunday's game. I think he has to accommodate Hodson, to release Tavenier's energy into midfield.

We allowed Broonaldo to run the midfield for the first hour, after 30 minutes ra Sellik's possession was 81%. On the hour mark trailing 2-zip, we put Kenny Miller into the middle and he began running interference on Broonaldo's free reign. I do not think Halliday and Holt knew their starting positions. Why was Toral dropped to the bench?

My highlight of the game was Dembele's hamstring pinging.

As alluded to by another poster, BBC Radio Scotland had a breathtakingly objective half time panel. Richard Gordon, Tom English, Pat Bonner, and Chris McLaughlin. After telling us how super ra Sellik were, and how poor we were(all valid); they then spent several minutes wondering why Rangers had NOT been reduced to nine men by half time.

Pedro has plenty of food for thought before next Sunday's game. I think he has to accommodate Hodson, to release Tavenier's energy into midfield.

Last sentence is bang on the money.